Just In

thistle4tw

I’m guessing that Adams’ team talk went something like this:

Adams: Right boys, gather round. You’ll not believe what that McNamara has said about you all.

Player 1: What did he say, gaffer?

Adams: He said we probably had the biggest budget in the First Division.

Player 1: Let me at them. Anything else?

Adams: Oh yes, he said we spent the money wisely?

Player 2: Wisely?, I’ll give him wisely. I’m hoping he stopped there.

Adams: I wish. No, he said we had an experienced squad.

Player 2: How evil can you get? I’ve only played about 300 games in the SPL. Anything more?

Adams: It gets worse. He said he wasn’t surprised that we were top of the league.

Player 3: Right lets get out there and show them a thing or two. There’s nothing more disrespectful than saying that we are experienced and that you aren’t surprised we are top of the league.

Brilliant! :lol:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question;

How does Ross County FC manage to have a larger budget than us?

serious answers if you please.

Ross County's chairman Roy McGregor is a very wealthy individual.

I’m guessing that Adams’ team talk went something like this:

Adams: Right boys, gather round. You’ll not believe what that McNamara has said about you all.

Player 1: What did he say, gaffer?

Adams: He said we probably had the biggest budget in the First Division.

Player 1: Let me at them. Anything else?

Adams: Oh yes, he said we spent the money wisely?

Player 2: Wisely?, I’ll give him wisely. I’m hoping he stopped there.

Adams: I wish. No, he said we had an experienced squad.

Player 2: How evil can you get? I’ve only played about 300 games in the SPL. Anything more?

Adams: It gets worse. He said he wasn’t surprised that we were top of the league.

Player 3: Right lets get out there and show them a thing or two. There’s nothing more disrespectful than saying that we are experienced and that you aren’t surprised we are top of the league.

Class!

Looks like our pal Brown Shoes Pressley has done the pillock Adams team talk for Saturday...

Currant Bun

Not that it's really much of a story but, here's Derek Adams' response.

I really don't get why this is such a big deal, and how it could be used to fire up your players.

I'm not sure, but it could be that he's trying to attract attention to himself (and succeeding) in order to raise his own profile. Each time one of these stories comes up he gets to proclaim that his team is at the top of the division.

When he says he uses the accusations to spur on his team, it could be his way of making out he's an expert at "mind games" like some top managers?

Hibs are looking for a new manager and a couple of other SPL sides could also be in the same boat soon enough.

I'm not sure, but it could be that he's trying to attract attention to himself (and succeeding) in order to raise his own profile. Each time one of these stories comes up he gets to proclaim that his team is at the top of the division.

When he says he uses the accusations to spur on his team, it could be his way of making out he's an expert at "mind games" like some top managers?

Hibs are looking for a new manager and a couple of other SPL sides could also be in the same boat soon enough.

I think Hibs will want a clean break from Calderwood who Adams was associated with as his assistant there. They'll go for someone more experienced. Adams will be an option if any other mid/bottom SPL clubs go looking, though.

As you say, he's trying to attribute their league position to his managerial ability, but if I was a player of his I'd be wondering why he can't admit that the ability of me and my team-mates wasn't better than that of other teams in the league.

Maybe he's also trying to distract from the fact that spending has gone towards the team and not their stadium. Do they have plans in place for the ground should they finish top of the league? It really shouldn't be something they need to work on, the ground looks fairly tidy from what I've seen on the net.

Maybe he's also trying to distract from the fact that spending has gone towards the team and not their stadium. Do they have plans in place for the ground should they finish top of the league? It really shouldn't be something they need to work on, the ground looks fairly tidy from what I've seen on the net.

I've been wondering about that. Their ground only has a couple of thousand seats. Would they be looking to groundshare at our old friends ICT?

I didn't used to mind Ross County but I really find Derek Adams an unpleasant individual. Having said that, if we're not going up, I hope they do as it will mean we dont have to play them next season.

I've been wondering about that. Their ground only has a couple of thousand seats. Would they be looking to groundshare at our old friends ICT?

I didn't used to mind Ross County but I really find Derek Adams an unpleasant individual. Having said that, if we're not going up, I hope they do as it will mean we dont have to play them next season.

I hope they do too. Our games against them have been uninspiring recently. Also, the SPL would be tearing their hair out facing four trips to the highlands in a season, and will no doubt moan that they bring no fans (but at the same time fans will travel to Dingwall in small numbers).

But we will still have a journey up to Aberdeen though!!! B)