Thistle Tattoo

Balloch Jag

Am looking to get the new badge on my chest but wheres best to go for it ?

I got a tattoo in Bodyline going back about 7 years and the guy that did it was a muppet who it turned out had faked his portfolio and used equipment he didn't have the skill to use, so I'd give that place a miss. In fairness, I returned a year later for a touch up (I know it's meant to be soon after but that's a different story) and they had sacked the guy and appeared much more professional with new management.

Am looking to get the new badge on my chest but wheres best to go for it ?

I have used Infamous Ink in Stirling for several years, as the guy who owns it Dave is a top class tattoo artist. I have several "Thistle" tattoos (including my Avatar of Oor Wullie with a Jags Scarf on :D )

Realise it might be a bit out of the way for you, but he is well worth the effort.

P.S. He passes the ultimate test of would you let him tattoo your child? I've paid for him to do tattoos for both my daughters :thumbsup2:

Worthwhile having a look around this site for a few hours before you go so as to avoid the "pitfalls".

There's always the obvious mistakes, but beware of photo-shopped pictures on the web...

Eeverton?

A collection of poor decisions

Some years ago a regular Jags fan who I knew as Graham .....Name withheld to protect his identity began to be known as Paddy. I asked why the nickname and was told to look at his Jags tattoo which he had done in a drunken moment. There it was a great tattoo of the crest with the name of PATRICK THISTLE under it. So please be careful out there!

I got my tatto in Archangel on Maryhill Road, just over from Taggarts. He is pretty good. Pop in and have a chat. Better to get a place where a booking is required rather than a production line.

I'd recommend Archangel too.

I'm sure if you go on their website or facebook page there's a thistle tat there.

http://www.archangeltattoosglasgow.co.uk

• 11 months later...

Sorry to drag this old topic up. I'm booked in for Tuesday but undecided on whether to get the hairy gonad, stealth bomber or go back to the 80's style when I started following the Jags, think Morton rolls/Watson Towers kit.

Suggestions welcome.

Was gona get the newest badge but was put of by the lack of red, yellow and black and can't really think of a way to get it done in those colours. U have just provide me with a eureka moment, gona get the one from the 80s, cheers :)

Was gona get the newest badge but was put of by the lack of red, yellow and black and can't really think of a way to get it done in those colours. U have just provide me with a eureka moment, gona get the one from the 80s, cheers :)

Got two Jags tattoos, one is a cracker of the stealth bomber badge...love it (Terrys in the toon). The other was designed myself, stealth bomber on a red n yella saltire with 'Scottish Div 2 Champs 00-01' above it and 'Scottish Div 1 Champs 01-02' below it...hate it now. Was gona get one over the top of it of the new badge on a wavey saltire (red n yellow of course) but don't wana tempt fate. Maybe get it done in may :)

i got the latest badge 3 years ago in the barras. The guy copied it from my jersey & done a decent job, but to be honest it looks shit!!!! at least the dive bomber was easy to do & had red & yellow in it

As I wrote before in another thread (I think), best Jags tattoo I've seen is of a player in the old R&Y hoops. Noticed it on a fan's forearm at a match few years back.

I don't have the forearms for it though maybe in the Erskine mould rather than the Honey Monster.

The 80's badge is timeless in my opinion. Far better than the stealth bomber.

See your point, more nostalgic, unique and sentimental.

Surely no matter what you choose it's going to look dated at some point in the future?

Very true.

Great comments guys, all taken on board.