Qos Highlights

Camallain

fox is too quiet at the back., after he makes that great save at the start he should be out giving the defence and midfield a bollocking for letting them get a cross in so easy, instead he just accepts it and gets on with it. he's the same at corners, doesnt come and claim anything and there doesnt seem to be much communication at the back, the only one i heard on the park on saturday was paton.

fox is too quiet at the back., after he makes that great save at the start he should be out giving the defence and midfield a bollocking for letting them get a cross in so easy, instead he just accepts it and gets on with it. he's the same at corners, doesnt come and claim anything and there doesnt seem to be much communication at the back, the only one i heard on the park on saturday was paton.

I've also noticed that there's very little overt communication going on between Fox and the defenders. Even when he makes a great save there is little in the way of congratulations from the defenders whose bacon he just saved. But then again, screaming at your defenders all through the game doesn't make you a great keeper. At least it didn't make me one. Nothing did.

We're quite poor at marking crosses and winning the headers from them, aren't we? We must have had about 12 shotat goal and about 6 on target in those highlights, but QOS could have easily got a 1-1 draw because of the clear header late on. I can think of a few goals from this situation: El Alagui at Firhill; Deuchar's second at Firhill (and his first, arguably); Baird at Starks Park. Maybe Kinniburgh coming back will sort this out a bit. Haven't seen Archibald win a header from a cross in for a while. He gets all the long balls fine, but maybe his pace/reactions aren't up to crossed balls anymore.

Good to see Tommy Stewart, Doolan and Cairney all having numerous shots on goal. Tommy Stewart's pace is pretty useful when there's space to play into.

One thing the highlights didn't show was the number of times in the second half we broke, well outnumbering queens but chose the wrong pass and lost the chance.

Jackie has been saying for most of the season, to date, that we need to be more clinical in the final third. Well sooner rather than later the lads have to get this to sink in. We were fortunate on Boxing day that the lad from queens put that late header over. Truth is, had we been more decisive, the game would have been well over by then.

• Members

We're quite poor at marking crosses and winning the headers from them, aren't we? We must have had about 12 shotat goal and about 6 on target in those highlights, but QOS could have easily got a 1-1 draw because of the clear header late on. I can think of a few goals from this situation: El Alagui at Firhill; Deuchar's second at Firhill (and his first, arguably); Baird at Starks Park. Maybe Kinniburgh coming back will sort this out a bit. Haven't seen Archibald win a header from a cross in for a while. He gets all the long balls fine, but maybe his pace/reactions aren't up to crossed balls anymore.

Good to see Tommy Stewart, Doolan and Cairney all having numerous shots on goal. Tommy Stewart's pace is pretty useful when there's space to play into.

You couldn't have been at that game then PGS. Our defence cleared just about every high ball thrown at them on Monday and considering the wind, that was no mean feat!

Special mention to the queens number 6 who runs onto the line and play's doolan on for the goal.

Think that might have been McGuffie :D :D

Doolan was behind the ball when it was played:

2egaez8.jpg

but was Balatoni? Just after the goal my mate said Balatoni done well to leave it as he would have been offside, I said he wouldnt have been as he was behind the play. Not sure now after seeing the highlights. Either way, your spot on re Cairney.

• Members

Think that might have been McGuffie :D :D

but was Balatoni? Just after the goal my mate said Balatoni done well to leave it as he would have been offside, I said he wouldnt have been as he was behind the play. Not sure now after seeing the highlights. Either way, your spot on re Cairney.

Look at the picture you've posted Steven, there is a defender and the keeper in front of both Jags players in the picture. Not a hint of offside.

Look at the picture you've posted Steven, there is a defender and the keeper in front of both Jags players in the picture. Not a hint of offside.

Yeah I realised that after I posted the comment, but at the time we hadn't noticed...I know, pointless discussion. Think it was an attempt to praise Balatoni, but really he should have scored instead of Doolan. Another pointless discussion coz we scored, we won and the goal was legit.

• Members

Yeah I realised that after I posted the comment, but at the time we hadn't noticed...I know, pointless discussion. Think it was an attempt to praise Balatoni, but really he should have scored instead of Doolan. Another pointless discussion coz we scored, we won and the goal was legit.

Don't think it was Conrad either! :D

If you watch premiership teams they always put men offside in similar situations to distract the opposition, I would suggest that they are interfering with play if a defender peels off to cover them, however it seems to be the interpretation now that if they don't touch the ball in that 'phase' they aren't offside. Whether the player on the right post was doing this intentionally or not, it doesn't matter as the Queens defender covered the line, which is probably the right thing to do if he felt Cairney was going to shoot.