Almost 2 weeks since we beat them in the League and time to renew our acquaintance on Saturday. Are we confident? I'd like to think, Scottish Cup-wise, and much like Champions League and World Cup winners, we got the glitches out our system early against Culter. BUT we are almost invariably poor after a break. I'll take anything as long as we're not out before January hits double figures...

yeah very confident, they were rotten last week, they were beaten at home against a 10 man hamilton today, it also gives cole and naismith time to get settled into the team. defeat would be a nightmare, hopefully get another diddy team in the next round and get a wee cup run going. jackie macs rednyelarmy

yeah very confident, they were rotten last week, they were beaten at home against a 10 man hamilton today, it also gives cole and naismith time to get settled into the team. defeat would be a nightmare, hopefully get another diddy team in the next round and get a wee cup run going. jackie macs rednyelarmy

Will Cole& Naismith be cup-tied?

While Queen's do need the cash from a cup run they haven't much in their squad that suggests they could handle both that and fight their way out of relegation. On the other hand I feel our squad is more than suitable to handle more matches. Our overall quality may or may not be that great but we've more than adequate cover in most positions and more competitive matches can only help us improve.

It would be perhaps too hopeful to think that Queens will have one eye on the league and not be as up for it as us but at the same time I feel it really should be easier to get our lot fired up. That said we really need to score early to get us going or it'll end up a battle of two teams lacking in confidence.

Plenty of old footballing cliches in this thread already.

There is absolutely no reason we should not beat them easily.

I can think of 1, a shite team can beat a mediocre team any day of the week, we're too unpredictable to be guessing we'll beat anyone easily. But like someone further up the thread said, hopefully Jackie can use the Culter match as his team talk. But I don't go into any games thinking we'll win them easily these days, still something missing before we can expect to be sweeping teams aside.

2-0 Thistle

Queens are terrible, if we don't win this I'll be shocked, angry as well as our season will be over (again) in January.

I know what you mean and I agree we will all probably be angry.....shocked, no, it's Thistle we are talking about, nothing shocks me about us. Have to score first, if queens are to then we are in trouble as they will sit in and we seem to have trouble breaking teams that do that down.

The league is also far too tight and while a run of wins would have us in contention, a run of defeats will have us dragged into the relegation battle. For that reason our season won't be over.

I know what you mean and I agree we will all probably be angry.....shocked, no, it's Thistle we are talking about, nothing shocks me about us. Have to score first, if queens are to then we are in trouble as they will sit in and we seem to have trouble breaking teams that do that down.

The league is also far too tight and while a run of wins would have us in contention, a run of defeats will have us dragged into the relegation battle. For that reason our season won't be over.

Agree with needing to score first, struggle to remember the last time we managed to break down an organised team when they sit in, we will score first thought so no worries.

No chance we will go down, Ayr, Queens and Raith have that covered, we will finish between 4-7.

I apoligise for my confidence, it seems this team is unable to play well in the cup. ******* shocking today.

I just feel that there is no certainty in the scots 1st and getting a draw against any team from the 1st was always going to be tough. Does losing hurt and anger me, damn right it does but I never believed we would win this easily.