Managers You Hate Or Have Hated

Jaggernaut

Arsenal’s defence when fully fit is more than adequate, Sagna is a real quality right back, one of the best going in the Premiership. Vermaelan is also one of the best CBs going but has been unlucky with injuries, Koscielny has had more game time due to these injuries and I think he too is a top CB. At left back they lost Clichy late in the transfer window and neither Gibbs nor Santos have been able to establish themselves due to injury. A back 4 of Sagna – Vermaelan – Koscielny – Santos/Gibbs is more than adequate to compete in the Premiership. They’ve also found themselves a good keeper in Sczenzy after a few seasons of uncertainty back there.

And there are players in that team with a bit of fight about them, Vermaelan, Song and Wiltshire come to mind.

He should have spent more money in recent seasons but bare in mind he has overseen a move into a £400m stadium that was built with no public money (unlike what Spurs are trying to do), the only debts they have are all under control and relate only to that stadium, they are the best run big team in that league by a country mile. And whilst he doesn’t break the £20m barrier a lot of the squad cost more than you might think.

With a £300million tax bill "ala rangers" sitting in the wings, spurs have no debt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsen(it wisnae me) venger

Harry (on the take )redknapp twitchy wee toilet

Kenny (i'm no as good as i think i am ) Dalgliesh

Peter (never won a thing)Reid

TBC

You only included Sir Harry to get back at me. It's clearly banter and for that reason, I forgive you. Sir Martin Peters also forgives you, as do Sir Martin Chivers, Sir Garth Crooks, the Lord Klinsman and the Saint who is Greavsie.

Go in peace.

One guy I did not like was "The Duffle"cant remember his name but was a headmaster before going into football.A friend of mine was doing some coaching at Stenny when the "duffle" was manager,Crawford Baptie was finishing his career with them, playing for fun and no money.After one game where Crawford did not have one of his best games,he was sitting in the dressing room amongst all the young boys in the team,when the "Duffle" came in,stood in front of him and called every name in the book for over 10 minutes,everybody in the dressing room was embarassed for Crawfordas he is a really nice guy.Crawford walked out and gave up playing.Not a very nice guy was "The duffle"

One guy I did not like was "The Duffle"cant remember his name but was a headmaster before going into football.A friend of mine was doing some coaching at Stenny when the "duffle" was manager,Crawford Baptie was finishing his career with them, playing for fun and no money.After one game where Crawford did not have one of his best games,he was sitting in the dressing room amongst all the young boys in the team,when the "Duffle" came in,stood in front of him and called every name in the book for over 10 minutes,everybody in the dressing room was embarassed for Crawfordas he is a really nice guy.Crawford walked out and gave up playing.Not a very nice guy was "The duffle"

yon nutter wasTerry Christie

Agree with most of the above, especially 'Arry (who has virtually bankrupted every club he has been at West Ham, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Southampton). Also and Moan-rinho who realy get on my wick with his wind ups. One that I haven't seen mentioned is Ian Holloway, an opinionated gob-shite who wouldn't know his arse from his elbow

Interloper alert! Alex McDonald whose Hearts & Airdrie teams were cynical, dirty but probably overachieving given the circumstances. Likewise Billy Reid who I would take over Danny Lennon in an instant.

David Hay 91/92 - Lasted less than a season but filled Saints with numerous ex-Celtic players (Roy Aitken*,Lex Baillie, John Beattie, David Elliot, Mark Reid) plus wannabee Chic Charnley - got us relegated and pissed off early to a job in the USA prior to the '92 World Cup, his mind being only briefly on the Saints job. Subsequent stints at Livi & Dunfermline have been little better. Still a figure of fun in Paisley (his hometown) for losing a fortune mismanaging the Hole in the Wa' pub!

*Aitken was the only decent one out of the bunch.

A word (or seven) in defence of Gus MacPherson - took over Saints at a low ebb in our fortunes got us promoted to the SPL and helped us stay up despite having the lowest budget by far in our first season. Soon after that however he got stuck in the negative tactics rut from which he never seemed to break free - overstayed his welcome at Saints by a season or so but nearly became an all time legend however I don't like to dwell on that bleak March day or the twitches return..........

:detective:

Didn't know about Davie Hay's failed pub business.

Now there's something from a bygone era - footballers buying pubs! McCall is the only modern-ish one I know of.

Oh, and I hate Allan Maitland, despite him being a closet Jag.

:detective:

Didn't know about Davie Hay's failed pub business.

Now there's something from a bygone era - footballers buying pubs! McCall is the only modern-ish one I know of.

Now there's bound to be an all time Scottish team of failed publicans that would be hard to beat.

Roughie

Davie Hay

Jim Baxter

Billy McNeil (1st venture)

Jimmy Johnstone

Chico

Charlie Nicholas

Now there's bound to be an all time Scottish team of failed publicans that would be hard to beat.

Roughie

Davie Hay

Jim Baxter

Billy McNeil (1st venture)

Jimmy Johnstone

Chico

Charlie Nicholas

Pleased to say, of course, that the legend that is Lord David McParland of Garscubeshire wouldn't even get near the bench for this outfit, seeing as he was a rather successful publican from what I remember.

Uncle 'arry Rednapp - wheeler and dealer, ducker and diver, del boy, bungpuss, twitchy, brown envelope lover, the media's mate. This crook only cares about two things - himself and money. He leaves clubs in the shit and buggers off to pastures new without a care in the world for the damage he's caused and with his wallet all the heavier. A charlatan of the very highest order. I hope he gets the jail.

The Uncle 'arry mitigation: illiteracy and technophobia.

Football boss Harry Redknapp has denied tax dodging by telling police "I couldn't even fill a team sheet in", a court has heard.

The Sun columnist said he struggles with literacy, adding: "I write like a two-year-old and I can't spell."

He also claimed he was "the most disorganised person in the world" during interviews with City of London detectives in 2009.

In tape recordings played at Southwark Crown Court, Redknapp said: "I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/redknapp-disastrous-business-132923852.html

The Uncle 'arry mitigation: illiteracy and technophobia.

Football boss Harry Redknapp has denied tax dodging by telling police "I couldn't even fill a team sheet in", a court has heard.

The Sun columnist said he struggles with literacy, adding: "I write like a two-year-old and I can't spell."

He also claimed he was "the most disorganised person in the world" during interviews with City of London detectives in 2009.

In tape recordings played at Southwark Crown Court, Redknapp said: "I can't work a computer, I don't know what an email is, I can't, I have never sent a fax and I've never even sent a text message."

http://uk.news.yahoo...-132923852.html

Spurs teamsheet