Capello Resigns As England Manager

kni

I just wonder what skelletons remain in 'Arry's closset. It would have to be a risky appointment given the scrutteny that an England manager is put under.

By using the word "remain", you're clearly implying that Sir Harry had evaded paying tax and should have been found guilty as charged in the court case.

Firstly - he was innocent going into the case, by dint of being innocent until proven guilty.

Secondly - he was actually found not guilty, after the presentation of "evidence"

Thirdly - he's the manager of Tottenham Hotspur

I know I'm risking the wrath of Crazy Davie here, but does Rednkapp actually deserve this job?

He's done decent jobs at a number of clubs, and there is no doubt that he's in charge of the best Tottenham team since Bill Nicholson's side in the 70's.

He has, however, only won one major tournament (I think, please correct me if I've got this wrong) - the FA Cup with Portsmouth.

I think a lot of people have idealised him and believe he's the answer to England's woes. I'm not so sure.

I know I'm risking the wrath of Crazy Davie here, but does Rednkapp actually deserve this job?

He's done decent jobs at a number of clubs, and there is no doubt that he's in charge of the best Tottenham team since Bill Nicholson's side in the 70's.

He has, however, only won one major tournament (I think, please correct me if I've got this wrong) - the FA Cup with Portsmouth.

I think a lot of people have idealised him and believe he's the answer to England's woes. I'm not so sure.

Come on, his record is far more than just 1 cup .....

Bournemouth - Administration

West Ham - Administration

Portsmouth - Administration

Southampton - Administration

Admittedly all of this happened (not long) after he left the clubs, so I have no justification in linking 'Arry to these misshaps.

Admittedly all of this happened (not long) after he left the clubs, so I have no justification in linking 'Arry to these misshaps.

On that record he must be about to take McCoist's job at Ipox.

...and to Crazy Davie, just coz you're found not guilty doesn't mean you didn't do it - it just means you're not going down for it (I know coz OJ told me).

:happy2:

They'd have been better getting Martin o'neill, missed out on him though. Roy hodgson, Stuart Pearce, Alan pardew. Any of these would be brilliant.

Hodgson is a brilliant manager and would be perfect for the England job, he won't get it though because he's not as high profile. In terms of them embarassing themselves this summer Harry is a much better appointment from a Scottish point of view.

Hodgson is a brilliant manager and would be perfect for the England job, he won't get it though because he's not as high profile. In terms of them embarassing themselves this summer Harry is a much better appointment from a Scottish point of view.

I would have said that a couple of seasons back but the Liverpool job pretty well ruined his reputation and he's now regarded as a second-level manager. Even if he still had it, he'd find the same would apply to the England team as when he was at Liverpool. The so called superstars wouldn't rate him 'cause he ain't a big name and he'd flop (or rather they would).

I would have said that a couple of seasons back but the Liverpool job pretty well ruined his reputation and he's now regarded as a second-level manager. Even if he still had it, he'd find the same would apply to the England team as when he was at Liverpool. The so called superstars wouldn't rate him 'cause he ain't a big name and he'd flop (or rather they would).

Liverpool were as farce when he was in charge, if I was the FA I would bring him in and give him a free reign to axe all the 'seasoned campaigners' and built a totally new young team with an eye on 2014. I'd keep Gerrard, Rooney and probably Ashley Cole around but bin the rest.

Hart

Richards/Cahill - Jones - Cahill - Cole/Gibbs

Wilshere - Cleverley/Gerrard

Johnson/Walcott - Rooney - Young/Oxlade Chamberlain

Sturridge/Bent

Ditch all the over-rated egos and start again, the only experienced players I'd want around would be Parker and probably Milner.

Hodgson is a master of tactics and has plenty of experience working in both England and abroad which I think is important, he brings the benefits of a foreign manager and an English manager.

Liverpool were as farce when he was in charge, if I was the FA I would bring him in and give him a free reign to axe all the 'seasoned campaigners' and built a totally new young team with an eye on 2014. I'd keep Gerrard, Rooney and probably Ashley Cole around but bin the rest.

Hart

Richards/Cahill - Jones - Cahill - Cole/Gibbs

Wilshere - Cleverley/Gerrard

Johnson/Walcott - Rooney - Young/Oxlade Chamberlain

Sturridge/Bent

Ditch all the over-rated egos and start again, the only experienced players I'd want around would be Parker and probably Milner.

Hodgson is a master of tactics and has plenty of experience working in both England and abroad which I think is important, he brings the benefits of a foreign manager and an English manager.

All you say could be true - but would the FA stand up to the media storm and give him - or anyone - time to really build and develop a goood young team? I hae ma' doots.

All you say could be true - but would the FA stand up to the media storm and give him - or anyone - time to really build and develop a goood young team? I hae ma' doots.

No, it'll be a knee jerk reaction appointment and another failure.

Redknapp won't bin all those players but he should, it is nonsensical to try and fit players into a system that they don't play for their clubs and in positions they are not used to. Nobody plays 4-4-2 so why did England do it for so long, and why did Capello not have a plan B despite 3 warning games during the group stages of WC 2010 that it wasn't working and even average teams could over run them with an extra man in midfield and could stop them playing through the middle with 2 banks of 4? And why incorporate Lampard and Gerrard into a 4-4-2 when they don't play it for their clubs, and are both only effective in one position on the park. Terry and Ferdinand was never a great partnership. Rooney was never dropped when out of form. Walcott wasn't taken despite being in form and providing an obvious plan B if required. The likes of Barry and Hargreaves who are nothing but average players doing an average drop 'breaking up the midfield play' for their clubs surrounded by good foreign players were always incorporated. They are a farse, thankfully it's great entertainment.

They now have great wingers but they are still missing a decent front man, if Wellbeck or Sturridge become that man then they could go far with the right system and right manager. Inevitably they won't. Good.

He's a decent manager, but the English media & public would lose the plot if he was appointed, hence brilliant viewing.