Raith Away

Chicofan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the distinct feeling that the next five games are going to be a painful time for all of us. Given our continued poor away performances and the fact that four of our next five games are away from home this could be make or break time for McNamara. If we lose ground to the second bottom placed team then we could find ourselves in big trouble and I don't think this squad has the fight to get themselves clear of the play off spot if we drop into it. A look at our last three games does not fill me with confidence either - Dundee away, Falkirk home and Hamilton away.

Two or three consecutive wins could ease all our concerns so come on Jags time to get the finger out !!

This team has no heart. The players just accept the style of play dictated by the opposition - even the pitiful apology for headers offered by Raith Rovers - and then follow on, playing to their own weaknesses. That display was not the worst from McNamara's teams this season, but it was rank - big punts and headers being the order of the day. I've seen much classier play from local amateur teams.

Scott Fox has lost confidence again (as you could see from his hesitance about positioning, and his lack of shouts to his defenders), but after being exposed repeatedly against poor opposition, perhaps that's natural. The Raith Rovers goals came from players being allowed room to run about where they pleased in the box without being picked up, and then Fox not being sure whether to come out or to stay on his line. Raith Rovers failed to capitalise on a few other similar opportunities too.

The problems begin with losing or giving away possession and then not closing down the opposition - really basic errors. Scott Fox's kicks out are as good as giving the ball away - certainly when it's a kick-and-rush side like Raith Rovers, because they're used to winning the ball in the air. He did throw the ball to a Jags player once: more, please!

The team desperately needs a leader - someone to give it backbone. Fox should be dropped for Scully next week so that he can review what has gone wrong. Archie should be dropped. Some thought needs to be given to who is going to direct the midfield.

Pass marks today - Doolan, Erskine and Naismith.

Back on topic, I have always found Kirkcaldy a fairly grim and soulless place. Today we saw perhaps the worst of it: we got a bit lost and parked a bit further South than you normally would. Walking up to the ground was like suddenly finding yourself in an episode of the Wire, right down to dodgy shellies buying "product" through windows of the "project" style houses, and two mad skankers in their pyjamas having a fight in a back green.

Add our cringingly bad team to this lovely day out and you have to wonder why the fk we bother...

Y'feel me?

I wish we'd stop going for the bloody rookie managers. :(

I'm begining to think that's right.I'm not at all calling for JMac to go,If we stay up he should be given at least into next season,but we really are on a hiding to nothing with a new rookie manager.If they are a success then they'll be off to a bigger club within a year and if they fail it could cost us relegation.

The signs were bad when it started raining as I left to make my way to Kirkcaldy, in spite of the weather forecast saying it would be fine. It got worse when the programme gave David Rowson's year of birth as 1984, and him making his debut for Aberdeen in 1994! Then, maybe worst of all, Grant Murray lining up against us. One of the worst Thistle captains in recent history, but usually in the winning side whenever he's played against us since. Finally, all the shooting practice before the match started. Some good goals at the start, then they started going over the bar, into the stand behind the goal, etc etc. In other words, any shots that we might have mustered on target had already been used up before the game actually started.