Engerlund World Cup

Tam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw 2 guys in the crowd dressed RAF uniforms with St.George flags as capes, no comment made.

What would have been said had it been Germans dressed as SS?

Saw them as well and thought: "I hope you feel silly now, dressed up like that."

And of course, the german national antheme was booed. But I got used to that now... don't expect anything else from those "fans".

I know not everyone booed the antheme, but it's still no fair play. :/

Watched today's game in the lovely environs of the Goethe Institute (the home of German culture in Glasgow) in Park Circus drinking nice German beer with German commentary. Every goal cheered to the rafters. Apparently a Sun journalist phoned up to get them to give a rude quote about England and they were like 'It's actually a football match'.

They must be in a state of shock. They are the best players in the world, aren't they? I mean their league is the best in the world, isn't it? Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, they would all walk into a World XI, wouldn't they?

Well, it's No, No, and No. Their absolute self-obsession and delusional belief that they are the best, the chosen ones who have been temporarily denied what is rightfully theirs (for 44 years) have never been so exposed.

But in this tragic realisation, there is some levity:

http://i.imgur.com/Yd4xq.png

Hard to add to all the appropriate 'tributes' above, and I enjoyed everything about this utter pumping of them by their second biggest rivals.

So, so much to love about it all it's difficult to come up with a hierarchy of their patheticness. But, the sheer pishness of Terry's performance was a delight to behold, and the sight of Fab Crap 'going for it' by replacing Defoe with, em, Heskey was the bit that saw me fall off my chair and spill my pint.

Maybe somebody will start a 'Magic Moments' thread?

I watched the BBC coverage from my comfort of my drawing room yesterday. The most displeasing part of the whole afternoon was having to listen to that gentleman Mark Lawrenson whining at every conceivable opportunity at perceived injustice.

"We'd be saying the same thing if it had been a German goal" - Of course you would....

I'm fairly sure that just before Germany scored their 3rd goal (may have been their 4th), the commentator remarked that John Terry was gambling by breaking into Germany's penalty box.

Sure enough, the Germans went straight upfield and scored against a depleted England defence.

Their entire defence (with the exception of the keeeper) had a nightmare yesterday. It's a shame about the controversy over the disallowed goal because it deflects attention from the fact that England simply weren't good enough nad played poorly in 3 out their 4 games.

Maybe they should have tried out more players in the qualifiers, as per Argentina. Berti Vogts tried it with Scotland and that went well. :crazy:

I still can't believe no one has picked up on the fact that not only green, but god's favourite son, stevie G was at fault for the USA goal... the amercian guy tore him inside out, i mean, TURNED HIM INSIDE OUT!!! But still, no comment...

Fact is, England got a showing up, they got telt, breeks doon, erse skelpt... jocky scott was handing out a tellin last night!

All i could think of, whilst watchin that, was. Hansen, just keep yer cool, I can see yer cheek twitchin' Hansen!!! Calm it doon!

But Lawro, for me, well, you don't need me to say anything. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YA DOBBER,LAWRO!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I swear, I just got a wee dribble.

Their entire defence (with the exception of the keeeper) had a nightmare yesterday.

Yes he was exposed, but James hardly covered himself in glory

1st goal, he came out early, stopped, went back, stopped then finally came out too late. He could have had the ball or at least blocked it.

2nd goal, he jumped up in the air & Podolski put it under him

3rd goal, he dived away from the shot

A decent keeper would have made a difference

1st goal, he came out early, stopped, went back, stopped then finally came out too late. He could have had the ball or at least blocked it.

I think you'll find that's not quite true - as the video evidence here shows.

1st goal - not his fault in the main with his 2 central defs caught well out of position - upson looked like he was dealing with it ( :lol: ) so no need for the keeper to come out.

2nd goal - nowt he could really do as he was totally exposed and podolski had 24 feet of prime net to shoot into - had to laugh at Terry and Johnston who should have made it back onto the line to block the shot decided to play an offside line on the 6-yard box - defenders first instinct should be to get behind keeper and back him up - utter twats!

3rd goal - agreed - whopper with his eyes closed!

Doubt a decent keeper would have made any difference though.

Two planes landed in England yesterday... One brought back a group of overpaid, underachieving footballers. The other brought back seven coffins, each with the Union Jack draped over them. Footballers play for our country, soldiers FIGHT for our country. Footballers give ninety minutes & soldiers give their lives.... I kno...w who I respect more. R.I.P. Our Boys. Copy & Paste this to your status and show your support...

...............and the biggest cheat of them all - Klinsmann, now on a BBC panel - being paid by us!!!

Football is losing its flavour somehow..................

The Lord Klinsmann is one of the finest most handsome footballers and ever to grace a football pitch. He would no more cheat than fly in the air. You are therefore wrong.

However I forgive you. The Lord Klinsmann himself forgives you. Sir Martin Chivers forgives you. Sir Martin Peters forgives you. The saint who is Greavsie forgives you.