Ross County

Jaggernaut

You've got to hand it to them. Damned hard to beat, and another late winner away from home last night. Their fighting qualities and consistency make us look like,... well,.... truly mediocre.

If they fail to win promotion now it will only be due to a collapse of monumental gigantism.

I think it will be hilarious is county go up – two highland teams in the SPL!

County have only lost one game in the league this year, a very impressive record.

The fixture backlog is really going to test them.

Agreed, but last night they came through the first of their games in hand with a 100% success rate. Somehow I do think that they have the resilience to go all the way this season. They seem to have a winning mentality (or at least a non-losing mentality), whereas we have an extremely fragile mentality!

Agreed, but last night they came through the first of their games in hand with a 100% success rate. Somehow I do think that they have the resilience to go all the way this season. They seem to have a winning mentality (or at least a non-losing mentality), whereas we have an extremely fragile mentality!

Ach!! we will pump them next week, after losing to Accies. It seems thats how we roll at the moment. Depends what bloody mood the players are in!.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I think it will be hilarious is county go up – two highland teams in the SPL!

County have only lost one game in the league this year, a very impressive record.

The fixture backlog is really going to test them.

I don't really understand how it would be classed as 'hilarious', more fair to Inverness and Ross County for building themselves slowly through the leagues.

Ach!! we will pump them next week, after losing to Accies. It seems thats how we roll at the moment. Depends what bloody mood the players are in!.

Nandos!

I don't really understand how it would be classed as 'hilarious', more fair to Inverness and Ross County for building themselves slowly through the leagues.

Nandos!

I pass Sinclair and Macbeth in the town regularly before work; I will give them a stern telling off for eating in nandos for you. What type of breakfast cereal would you prefer given that coco pops is out? Porridge is probably the best however for me that stuff is disgusting!

I pass Sinclair and Macbeth in the town regularly before work; I will give them a stern telling off for eating in nandos for you. What type of breakfast cereal would you prefer given that coco pops is out? Porridge is probably the best however for me that stuff is disgusting!

It's Balatoni, Stewart and Elliot actually. Three players who coincidentally have yet to prove themselves. It's not a lot to ask to expect professional athletes to look after themselves, and what you eat is a close second behind how you train (which, as we've heard, has also been questioned this week). Do you think Ryan Giggs eats coco pops and nandos? No. So if our players took their careers seriously (mental strength is a point JMcM has highlighted repeatedly) they wouldn't either.

It's Balatoni, Stewart and Elliot actually. Three players who coincidentally have yet to prove themselves. It's not a lot to ask to expect professional athletes to look after themselves, and what you eat is a close second behind how you train (which, as we've heard, has also been questioned this week). Do you think Ryan Giggs eats coco pops and nandos? No. So if our players took their careers seriously (mental strength is a point JMcM has highlighted repeatedly) they wouldn't either.

Okay can you give me a detailed break-down of the breakfast, lunch and dinner these players eat?

You've got to hand it to them. Damned hard to beat, and another late winner away from home last night. Their fighting qualities and consistency make us look like,... well,.... truly mediocre.

Hang on. It was only last week we were getting lectured by some (not Jaggernaut) for talking up our win against Ayr. Now with the top of the league side only beating this poor team narrowly it stands to reason Ross Co must be in decline if not free fall. Truth is Ayr aren't that bad and County, who have a bit more strength in depth than others, will probably hold out and win the league.

I can't see SPL clubs being thrilled with another two trips to the heilans especially with late call offs at both Inverness & Dingwall being a none too irregular occurrence. Think that sort of inconvenience is minor in comparison to other likely developments within the SPL.

Entry into next season's SPL, with all the additional expenditure re squad and, in the case of County, the ground, might well turn out to be one of those poisoned slack alices, .

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Okay can you give me a detailed break-down of the breakfast, lunch and dinner these players eat?

Alan,

Based on following these gents on twitter I can confirm the following:

Christie Elliot has an unhealthy obsession with Geordie Shores and Nandos.

Conman Balamory eats shit, talks shit, and doesn't seem to train for longer than 30 minutes a day. Also likes Nandos.

Sean Welsh who goes under the name of 'welshdogg' ie. non-educated delinquent, has a very poor grasp of the English language and likes Nandos.

Aaron Sinclair makes short statement that he thinks are 'cool'. Another one with an unhealthy obsession with Nandos, although he does sometimes say he has been to the gym.

Kai Naismith likes Nandos, and Rangers.

Tommy Stewart doesn't say much, or do much. This fits perfectly with his appearances on the football pitch. He also likes Nandos.

David Rowson talks a bit more sense on twitter, he is never talking about being at Nandos.

I am not saying that the 'nandos factor' is playing a part in their career developments, but its more the principle behind it. I believe its all jobs for the boys at Firhill, everyone cosying up to Jackie, who probably wants to give them a rocket up the arse but can't do it because he got too close.

No, obviously, but eating in Nandos twice a week (Balatoni) is not an example of the discipline required to be a decent professional. Letting your diet go twice a week is enough evidence for me. It's absolutely fine if you disagree. Different standards. I play amateur cricket, and when I'm playing my diet is better than some of our professional footballers.

Anyway, let me know when you pick the team next, Alan. I'm interested to see if Mohandas Gandhi could could fill in at centre half.

Alan,

Based on following these gents on twitter I can confirm the following:

Christie Elliot has an unhealthy obsession with Geordie Shores and Nandos.

Conman Balamory eats shit, talks shit, and doesn't seem to train for longer than 30 minutes a day. Also likes Nandos.

Sean Welsh who goes under the name of 'welshdogg' ie. non-educated delinquent, has a very poor grasp of the English language and likes Nandos.

Aaron Sinclair makes short statement that he thinks are 'cool'. Another one with an unhealthy obsession with Nandos, although he does sometimes say he has been to the gym.

Kai Naismith likes Nandos, and Rangers.

Tommy Stewart doesn't say much, or do much. This fits perfectly with his appearances on the football pitch. He also likes Nandos.

David Rowson talks a bit more sense on twitter, he is never talking about being at Nandos.

I am not saying that the 'nandos factor' is playing a part in their career developments, but its more the principle behind it. I believe its all jobs for the boys at Firhill, everyone cosying up to Jackie, who probably wants to give them a rocket up the arse but can't do it because he got too close.

Better than I put it.

No, obviously, but eating in Nandos twice a week (Balatoni) is not an example of the discipline required to be a decent professional. Letting your diet go twice a week is enough evidence for me. It's absolutely fine if you disagree. Different standards. I play amateur cricket, and when I'm playing my diet is better than some of our professional footballers.

Anyway, let me know when you pick the team next, Alan. I'm interested to see if Mohandas Gandhi could could fill in at centre half.

So what you are saying is you can't give us a detailed break-down of what they are eating?

I will be picking my next team on tuesday, look out for the thread.

I remember Jimmy Connors saying that when it looked as if he was slipping prematurely down the world tennis rankings he got himself a new coach who got him not only training harder and in a more focused way, but who also made him change his diet from his preferred yankee junk food to food that would actually help him as an athlete. Connors then stayed among the top few players for another few years.

The AC Milan Sports Science Laboratory that keeps their players at their peaks into their late 30’s advocates Nando’s at least once per day, ideally twice, but at £14 for a meal and a refillable coke I doubt our players can afford to eat their 14 times a week. That’s maths my brain can’t even handle.

wonder what we would be discussing on this thread had football forums been around in the lambie era and charnley, kinnaird and albert craig were on twitter. #justsaying

One of my brothers spotted Bobby law and chic charley having a fish supper about 1.30 before a game. Both had cracking games apparently! :happy2:

Maybe Jackie’s sports scientist should change the nando's to fish suppers! :innocent2:

wonder what we would be discussing on this thread had football forums been around in the lambie era and charnley, kinnaird and albert craig were on twitter. #justsaying

Probably discussing how good they are and how many games we were winning. Difference is that when the team isn't winning then people like to criticise any little detail. That's the nature of the internet

So what you are saying is you can't give us a detailed break-down of what they are eating?

I will be picking my next team on tuesday, look out for the thread.

Yes. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. I've already answered your question. That's why I said 'No but'. You don't need to know the rest if whats evident on twitter is already too much. This is like trying to explain capital gains tax to a strawberry.

Players like Charnley were actually good. I don't know if you've seen Conrad Balatoni, Christie Elliot and Thommy Stewart, but they need to do everything they possibly can just to be half the player Charnley was. Thing is they dont - that's why we're shite and lose all three games to terrible, terrible footballers like raith rovers. If folk are happy with that then great. It might be the nature if the internet, but it's also a normal reaction to paying 17 pounds to watch no skill and no attitude in tandem. We didn't have to do that in 1995.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Yes. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. I've already answered your question. That's why I said 'No but'. You don't need to know the rest if whats evident on twitter is already too much. This is like trying to explain capital gains tax to a strawberry.

Players like Charnley were actually good. I don't know if you've seen Conrad Balatoni, Christie Elliot and Thommy Stewart, but they need to do everything they possibly can just to be half the player Charnley was. Thing is they dont - that's why we're shite and lose all three games to terrible, terrible footballers like raith rovers. If folk are happy with that then great. It might be the nature if the internet, but it's also a normal reaction to paying 17 pounds to watch no skill and no attitude in tandem. We didn't have to do that in 1995.

Well said that man.

Not for the first moment am I suggesting that we are in the position we are in purely due to the 'Nandos factor'. The comparison to guys like Charnley/the Ghost doesn't hold weight as these guys were actually quite good. They also seemed to have a good attitude, and better still looked like they were trying most of the time!!

I have never seen a Thistle team with as bad an attitude as this one. Even during the worst of Save the Jags at least a few of the guys looked like they actually had a bit of pride in the badge.

In Nandos people eat chicken, I see a lot of CHICKENING out of tackles and battles on the pitch at Firhill regularly. I remmeber when an absolutely ghastly Thistle team beat Arbroath with 8 men!! The 10 men of Partick Thistle, playing against a shockingly inept Raith Rovers (Baird aside) didn't muster a whimper once Paton went off. Christie Elliot was probably thinking about the next episode of Geordie Shore!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan, you are always calling people out because they are not responsding to your points. So I am going to call you out on this one.