Best And Worst Football Stadiums In The Sfl?

redhulk44

Under yon long shed at Forfar isn't bad for atmosphere, when there's a half-decent crowd.

http://www.google.co...m%3Disch&itbs=1

Some of my best away trips watching Jags was at Station Park. Bridie on way home after jags win. Day we clinched the 2nd division was one i won't forget in a hurry. Also did like day away to Brockville. Yeah it was a dive, death trap even but some great times there.

Worst - Alloa.

Beat me to it with Forfar :thumbsup2: , Decent terracing at one end, other end not steep enough but the shed is excellent as well.

Alloa is much improved these days, lenny. Nothing great but no longer amongst the worst.

Beat me to it with Forfar :thumbsup2: , Decent terracing at one end, other end not steep enough but the shed is excellent as well.

Alloa is much improved these days, lenny. Nothing great but no longer amongst the worst.

Yeah I should have said that it was a number of years ago i was last inside Alloa's ground. I've heard it has improved no end since then.

Given I don't go to away games now, I'm basing my views on past experiences. OK, Cappielow then, though I hear Albion Rovers ground is awful. Well that's what the Airdie fans at work told me yesterday.

Best - Arbroath - go to the shows, boozers nearby, a chorus of "you only sing when you're fishing" and great fish supper down at the harbour.

Worst - Cowdenbeath - depressing town, depressing ground, depressing weather and depressing results.

Man, I could go an Arbroath fish supper right now!

• 1 month later...

Based only on personal experience and preference.

Best- Palmerston.

Worst- Thats quite difficult a tie between New Douglas Park, Cliftonville and Recreation Park.

Changed a good bit over the last few years. Only downside is the temp away stand has a few pillars that restrict view for a few. Could also do with covering the terracing at the away end but in no way are conditions as bad as Central Pk. You can get soaked there and will still have a restricted view.

• 1 year later...

The old Tynecastle had a great atmosphere and I always enjoyed going there, despite the Edinburgh polis taking my banner - best memory was when they switched the away ends and we ended up in the wrong end and wee Parky scored the winner as we were heading for the exit. "stop f****ing smiling, stop f****ing smiling, stop f****ing smiling" was we could say before we reached the relative safety of Gorgie Road.

Agree about Brockville being a great atmosphere as well. Enjoyed going to most of the old "traditional" grounds - Methil, Boghead, Forfar for the Bridies, . Having been away now for 20 years, I haven't been to any of the newer grounds apart from Livi last year and was most impressed. That size and shape would be good for us.

My adopted team Bristol Rovers are building a new stadium. in the 4th Tier, 5-6000 average, current capacity 10500, new stadium to hold 20,000, which most English Championship team struggle to get. Cracking stadium, but will only be a third full (if that given the current state of affairs!). Madness.