Kids Go Free At Firhill

MerryHell

Looking forward to going to last game of the (admittedly disappointing) season and the last chance to cheer the Jags for the best part of 3 months. Only downer is the £8 for my son but hey ho.

Which got me thinking...

As the club is giving out free young supporters season tickets to U16s, could we not now start charging U16s away fans while maintaining that U16s go free at Firhill? If all our U16s have season tickets then surely we wouldn't be breaking any rules in charging the ones that don't. Any U16s home fans rolling up to the ticket desk without a ticket only has to fill in a form to get one so they'd still get in free on matchday.

Looking forward to going to last game of the (admittedly disappointing) season and the last chance to cheer the Jags for the best part of 3 months. Only downer is the £8 for my son but hey ho.

Which got me thinking...

As the club is giving out free young supporters season tickets to U16s, could we not now start charging U16s away fans while maintaining that U16s go free at Firhill? If all our U16s have season tickets then surely we wouldn't be breaking any rules in charging the ones that don't. Any U16s home fans rolling up to the ticket desk without a ticket only has to fill in a form to get one so they'd still get in free on matchday.

The only "problem" is that away fans would also be able to simply fill a form out on the spot. Maybe a better way would be to have a U-16 membership card for say, £5, and after getting 3 stamps for attending games, the card holder gets the £5 quid back. That means that the games are essentially free, and other teams' U-16s are very unlikely to take this up. So, they'd simply pay the £5, and use the card for at most their two games at Firhill.

Having said that, while I can see why Jags fans with children feel that it's unjust that they have to pay them into other grounds, away teams' U-16s getting into Firhill for free doesn't bother me much.

The only "problem" is that away fans would also be able to simply fill a form out on the spot. Maybe a better way would be to have a U-16 membership card for say, £5, and after getting 3 stamps for attending games, the card holder gets the £5 quid back. That means that the games are essentially free, and other teams' U-16s are very unlikely to take this up. So, they'd simply pay the £5, and use the card for at most their two games at Firhill.

Having said that, while I can see why Jags fans with children feel that it's unjust that they have to pay them into other grounds, away teams' U-16s getting into Firhill for free doesn't bother me much.

I don't have a problem paying at away grounds per se, just think its revenue we are missing out on that other clubs get and now we could to without breaking any rules.

They could have an 'away' window at the portacabin, which could reduce the likelyhood of rogue form filling, or just make a cash away gate.

Edited by MerryHell

If you remove the U16's going free - for away fans - then you may well be reducing the away support. A fair few away fans choose to come to Firhill because of the scheme.

These parent's then buy food and drinks, programmes and spend a little bit of money - not a lot- but a little is better than nothing

• Members

If you remove the U16's going free - for away fans - then you may well be reducing the away support. A fair few away fans choose to come to Firhill because of the scheme.

These parent's then buy food and drinks, programmes and spend a little bit of money - not a lot- but a little is better than nothing

The Club don't make money off any extra food and drink sold, that's outsourced.

In my opinion, people only go to away games at Firhill beacause they want to see their team, not because of any KGF policy.

Glasgow is always going to be a favourable location for an away day for families as there is plenty of stuff for any family members not going to the game. Places like Morton or Kircaldy just don't offer what we can.

Prices for children at other 1st division grounds -

Ross County - £3/£4

Dundee - £10

Falkirk - £8, U11 £5

Livingston - £20 Parent & Child, U16 £7

Hamilton - £8

Thistle - Free

Morton - £18 Parent & Child, 12-16 £5, 5-11 £3, U5s Free

Raith - £20 Parent & Child, Junior £9, U5s Free

Ayr - £8

QOS - £5

I've no idea what difference this would make to our finances, but I guess it all helps.

Edited by MerryHell