James Mcpake

jaggy

called into NI squad http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18143047

Is he good enough for Scotland?

Considering centre-half is arguably the weakest position in the Scotland squad and he still hasn't been called up, then I would say no. Plus, like Chunky Jag said, he couldnae get a game for the poorest Coventry City team in decades.

No. Might only have been there half a season but didn't improve the Hibs defence considering they only escaped relegation on penultimate game. Then there was the Cup Final...

Speaking to Hibs fans they reckon he's been the one bright spot since he joined. Had a lot of injury problems since he joined Coventry, but probably nothing more than a good honest pro and not really what Scotland need.

Could Webster? Doubt it.

I don't think Webster is neccessarily what you would call "International class" (not many Scotland players are) but for me he's a far better player than McPake.

edited to add: I didn't see the squad for the USA, does this mean Webster is in it? :thumbdown: Levein and his favourites again. We are really weak in CB right now. Berra has had a nightmare for Wolves this season. Our best centre half by a mile this season domestically has been Gary Caldwell - he was a big part of Wigan's recovery. :innocent2:

Edited by chunky jag

I don't think Webster is neccessarily what you would call "International class" (not many Scotland players are) but for me he's a far better player than McPake.

edited to add: I didn't see the squad for the USA, does this mean Webster is in it? :thumbdown: Levein and his favourites again. We are really weak in CB right now. Berra has had a nightmare for Wolves this season. Our best centre half by a mile this season domestically has been Gary Caldwell - he was a big part of Wigan's recovery. :innocent2:

Yip, that's why I mentioned him.

McPake was pretty exposed against the Jambos. Skacel's first goal was down.to the space he gave him at first, then he could only help deflect it past Brown.

Nowhere near international class, norn iron might be his level.

Has the Rangers players turned up for the USA game and gone against there fans ?

Peter houston reported no call offs so I presume they did, are there actually many of them though, Macgregor obviously and guessing whittacker and wallace but that must be about it

and worryingly on form itd prob have to be Caldwell and Mulgrew at centre half, both won Player of the year in last few years so must be good

to think there were times when we could leave out european cup winners like alan Hansen

definitely our weakest position at present, webster wasn't international class at his peak and he is way below that these days

Was speaking to a friend of McPake's today who said he spent all last week deliberating whether to accept the N Ireland offer. Only accepted it when he saw Webster in the squad for the USA game and realised there's at least 6 ahead of him in the Scotland pecking order (also Caldwell, Berra, Mulgrew, Hanley and Wilson). At 27 he's unlikely to get another chance at international football if he turned N Ireland down.

Has the Rangers players turned up for the USA game and gone against there fans ?

By all accounts, yes. However, messers McGregor, Wallace and Whittaker will probably only be at Ibrox for a couple more weeks, so won't have to face the ire of the angry mob.

And boy, they are angry ...

article-1336551664171-12D4F3DD000005DC-308621_466x310.jpg

By all accounts, yes. However, messers McGregor, Wallace and Whittaker will probably only be at Ibrox for a couple more weeks, so won't have to face the ire of the angry mob.

And boy, they are angry ...

article-1336551664171-12D4F3DD000005DC-308621_466x310.jpg

"The SNP"! ... "All"!..... Ha ha ha. What a bunch of morons. R.I.P. (Purgatory) when it comes.