Market Value Of Thistle Players

phoenix1876

:lol:

Not very. Maybe within 25lk for Aaron Sinclair :P

In an ideal world transfer fees would reflect the cost of developing our own players. However this is only addressed when they are out of contract before they reach 24? Even then I think their wages are the major factor.

Basically there isn't the money in the Scottish game to allow for a fee paying transfer market. You hope to sell to England or abroad. Hamilton got 25k for Imrie from St Mirren. Outside of Celtic there is no cash to spend, just meet wage budgets, imo.

:lol:

Not very. Maybe within 25lk for Aaron Sinclair :P

In an ideal world transfer fees would reflect the cost of developing our own players. However this is only addressed when they are out of contract before they reach 24? Even then I think their wages are the major factor.

Basically there isn't the money in the Scottish game to allow for a fee paying transfer market. You hope to sell to England or abroad. Hamilton got 25k for Imrie from St Mirren. Outside of Celtic there is no cash to spend, just meet wage budgets, imo.

35k for imrie... which they got back as Hamilton have bought McShane from St Mirren for the same price.

My brother commented on how awful Hibs were on Saturday, and how several of their foreign players were no better than "donkeys". And yet, because their skin is a different colour, or they don't come from Scotland, these guys are shipped into the team and are probably getting a wage that most of us could only dream of.

Plenty of home grown donkeys that can put on the same abysmal performances, for probably much less money.

Big problem for our football at national level, I think.