Close Season Quiz

potty trained

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Scottish league clubs (SPL and SFL) are currently managed by former Partick Thistle players?

St Mirren (Danny Lennon)

Partick Thistle (Jackie McNamara)

Greenock Morton (Allan Moore)

Ayr United (Mark Roberts)

Dundee (Barry Smith)

Clyde (Jim Duffy)

Airdrie Utd (Jimmy Boyle)

Stenhousemuir (Davie Irons)

Not sure I'll get them. I can start with Chico at Clyde and Donnelly with us.

I was not setting that as part of the earlier question. It's your turn.

Kenny McDowall was McCoist's assistant. Kevin McGowne is assistant to Jim Weir at Brechin City. There are probably some more.

I was not setting that as part of the earlier question. It's your turn.

Kenny McDowall was McCoist's assistant. Kevin McGowne is assistant to Jim Weir at Brechin City. There are probably some more.

Ah right.

This might be easy, but...

How many Thistle players have finished a season as league top scorer? Name the player(s) and the year(s).

I'm not going to be on the forum much after tomorrow morning, so if nobody gets it I'll post the answer in the morning and you can squabble amongst yourselves to ask the next question. Another clue - I'm only looking for one name.

Away to Berwick Rangers, League Cup. Thistle ran out in new away strip , blue and white stripes, which the club hadn't told anyone about (marketing brilliance). Thistle fans thought they were Berwick, promptly booed them. We won 7-1 I recall.

Away to Berwick Rangers, League Cup. Thistle ran out in new away strip , blue and white stripes, which the club hadn't told anyone about (marketing brilliance). Thistle fans thought they were Berwick, promptly booed them. We won 7-1 I recall.

Spot on, but it might have been 7-0

Over to you

Name ELEVEN centre forwards/strikers who have played for Thistle AND Celtic in the last 50 years.

Must have played in first team for both. I haven't eg included Ronnie Glavin who actually played as a "striker" occasionally.There may be players I haven't thought of , but I have eleven definites. No catches, anyone who suggests Frank McAvennie goes straight to the back of the class,