Clive Tilsley

ayrshire jag

His comments re ref Howard Webb and English linesman have forced me to turn off sound on TV. You would think it was they who were playing.I'd rather listen to any other countries commentators than have to put up with this lot for the next couple of weeks. No wonder we dislike the English team he can't stop going on about England,the Premiership etc.

AJ

Edited by ayrshire jag

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Argus

His comments re ref Howard Webb and English linesman have forced me to turn off sound on TV. You would think it was they who were playing.I'd rather listen to any other countries commentators than have to put up with this lot for the next couple of weeks. No wonder we dislike the English team he can't stop going on about England,the Premiership etc.

AJ

Couldn't agree more.

Does it really matter the ref is English?

Mind you Adrian Chilies is just as big a pain in the ass.

Agreed, in fairness I think BBC panel is better as made up of ex international footballers, they really got stuck into England yesterday. I will not be watching final on ITV

Any idea when the Jags pre season training starts

David Pleat on BBC radio 5 live not much better, salivating over every decision Webb made. On a positive note the match commentator( Alan Green?) didnt miss England gave them pelters at every opportunity

Alan Green is a twat of the highest order. He's from Northern Ireland but goes on about the England team like they are his own sons.

This morning he had a rant about how he would not go to watch England play Hungary in August as he wouldn't waste his time or money - even though it would be the BBC paying him to commentate!!!

Also he called Scotland fans a disgrace for booing God Save the Queen in 1999 at the Euro 2000 play-off as it was the national anthem of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, of which Scotland is a part.

If that is the case you ******* condescending twat, why do England use it as their own?!?!?!?

Don't like speaking for other people but I'm fairly sure what will become the abiding memory of this year's world cup for most folk occurred in one fleeting moment in tonight's game.

True, the likes of Messi, Forlan, David Villa have provided instances of great skill and excitement but all that pales into insignificance compared to the sheer brilliance of the nearside English linesman when he didn't stick up his flag for offside at the second Brazil goal.

It has to go down as one of the greatest World Cup moments of all time and maybe the finest non sticking up of a wee flag ever. It makes me proud just to live in the same group of islands as this great linesman. Something to enthrall the grandchildren.......

:thumbsup2:

I cant believe no one has said anything about Mark Lawrenson, co-comentator on the England Germany game he was that funny the way he stick up for England and this coming from former Rep of Ireland international.

William Joyce, alias Lord Haw Haw, springs to mind.

Alan Green is a twat of the highest order. He's from Northern Ireland but goes on about the England team like they are his own sons.

This morning he had a rant about how he would not go to watch England play Hungary in August as he wouldn't waste his time or money - even though it would be the BBC paying him to commentate!!!

Also he called Scotland fans a disgrace for booing God Save the Queen in 1999 at the Euro 2000 play-off as it was the national anthem of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, of which Scotland is a part.

If that is the case you ******* condescending twat, why do England use it as their own?!?!?!?

It may go against everyone else here and the general theme of England bating, but I'm with Alan Green on this one. I don't care what the country is or what the song is or if it has lines about crushing rebellious Scots, they all deserve respect and I find the booing of any national anthem abhorrent.

I quite agree with him (I am a Tartan Army 'footsoilder'...(Ha! waits for a rant on that one)) but I believe you should respect the other team's anthem whoever you are playing.

Engerlandshire are prefectly within their rights to use GSTQ, as are we, but we choose to use a, what? perhaps, 35 year old folk song. (although I do like it and prefer it to any alternative).

Let them use GSTQ, give it some respect and let us sing our own.

I quite agree with him (I am a Tartan Army 'footsoilder'...(Ha! waits for a rant on that one)) but I believe you should respect the other team's anthem whoever you are playing.

Engerlandshire are prefectly within their rights to use GSTQ, as are we, but we choose to use a, what? perhaps, 35 year old folk song. (although I do like it and prefer it to any alternative).

No chance. I don't like the concept of 'God' and I do not recognise the rights of a monarch. Regardless of the fact that England have the arrogance to use the anthem of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to represent themselves, I'll boo it always for these reasons.

Why don't they use Jerusalem or Land of Hope and Glory if they want to represent England?

No chance. I don't like the concept of 'God' and I do not recognise the rights of a monarch. Regardless of the fact that England have the arrogance to use the anthem of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to represent themselves, I'll boo it always for these reasons.

Too right. It's all about saving their Queen and believing in God. If I was English I would boo my own stupid anthem. It's automatically offensive to republicans and atheists. If they want to boo FoS because of Bannockburn then that's fine by me as well.

I agree. Let's stand well back, keep our peace, and give them all the room they need to be stupid.

It's a British broadcaster. The ref and linesman are British and are the ones that we see in British football regularly. Obviously they're going to have more to say about them than some other country's refs/players.

If Scottish people think English commentators are bad for 'going on', have a look down this messageboard. One thing more tedious than being Scottish during an English world cup campaign is supporting England at the world cup, whilst living in Scotland, and having to put up with the pathetic wee team, chip-on-the-shoulder perspectives of 9 in 10 people here. If you don't want a British perspective on commentary when you're watching Brazil-Chile, move to Rio or Santiago.

It's a British broadcaster. The ref and linesman are British and are the ones that we see in British football regularly. Obviously they're going to have more to say about them than some other country's refs/players.

If Scottish people think English commentators are bad for 'going on', have a look down this messageboard. One thing more tedious than being Scottish during an English world cup campaign is supporting England at the world cup, whilst living in Scotland, and having to put up with the pathetic wee team, chip-on-the-shoulder perspectives of 9 in 10 people here. If you don't want a British perspective on commentary when you're watching Brazil-Chile, move to Rio or Santiago.

When Thistle exit a cup competition, do you then support Clyde or the OF as after all, they are our neighbours.

It is sporting rivalry to want England to lose if you are a Scot (or Irish or Welsh)

Clive Tisley is a tosser of the highest order and one of many reasons we all want England to fail. Could you imagine him waxing lyrical in the same way if Ian Brines or Dougie McDondald was refereing the Brazil v Chile game?

Yes and it was obvious. He went on ad nauseam about the ref and linesmen. Last 16 of the World Cup and the officials hail from the so called biggest/bestest league in the world. Hardly earth shattering appointments. Worthy of course of a mention on British telly but not every feckin' 5 mins :angry: .

Of course somethings never change. Maybe some of the more aged of us will remember the '74 World Cup commentary when English ref Jack Taylor got almost as much acclaim as Gerd Muller, Cruyff, Beckenbauer & Neeskins got collectively :thumbdown: .

So even if it contains lines offensive to the host country we should just stand back and respect it? Piss off.

How about they don't sing it in respect of the host country?

In any case, it's the national anthem of Great Britain, not England so it shouldn't be used.