One Thistle - North Stand Move

potty trained

Right, here's a thread for just that alone...

First up, who out there wants to help with this move... Be a point of contact, be part of club consultation etc.

If you see yourself moving to the north end, and want to help out, even if you don't know how you can help... Get yet name down...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, here's a thread for just that alone...

First up, who out there wants to help with this move... Be a point of contact, be part of club consultation etc.

If you see yourself moving to the north end, and want to help out, even if you don't know how you can help... Get yet name down...

sorry, but your timing couldn't be any worse. all depends on how the club votes on newco

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Dave,

I have always said that I wanted to be involved here. Give me a ring if you want to have a chat about it.

Honkers

Not that it might help, but I am one who will sit in the North Stand for any matches I do get to if it is a place where atmosphere is to be encouraged. And I don't care who we play...

Ditto. I'll probably make more games than the incredible ONE that I attended last season, and I'll most likely sit in the North Stand. If I can do anything to help remotely then please let me know, however I doubt that I have anything to offer.

• 1 month later...

I will be going this weekend, and was really looking forward to being in the North Stand. I mentioned the stand being open as a singing section that standing will be tolerated in to my girlfriend who will also be there (she enjoys Stoke games where we've stood for 90 mins) and she moaned about me expecting her to stand for the whole game. As standing won't be obligatory, I guess I'll have to sit with her, but if the guys starting the songs can sing "Stand up if you love thistle" constantly, then it'll be greatly appreciated :innocent2:

Is it true that we ate allowed to stand.?

Also can the smokers smoke on the concourse during the game?

The Stadium rule of no smoking will also apply in the North Stand.

As for standing the Government Guidelines and Association of Chief Police Officer Recommendations are that you should remian seated ,obviously in a Football Match people do stand to cheer goals or in a moment of excitement and given the fast flowing Football currently being played these moments of excitement can be for a sustained period :hypocrite:

U16s will not be allowed in the North Stand - however our intention is to at least treble the number of U16s coming to Firhill and this will be a core part of any future Marketing Strategy.

In short get used to lots of U16s as its only going to grow :thumbsup2:

Well I know where I am sitting on Saturday.

Do you know, I don't mind kids at football. But it is the kids who cannot behave that I cannot stand.

For example shed end near the end of the season there was that kid who just screamed utter nonsense for 90 minutes that got on my nerves and the parent did nothing, then there was the 2 sets of kids where 1 sat at the back the other at the front and tried to chuck stuff between themselves!! I didn't pay 17 quid to get hit with sweets or have to tell them to stop it! I am not a babysitter.

In short, if you plan on having lots under 16s - great. But can I suggest if any under 16s are attending without parents you make sure they sit in the kids section. As I have said before I pay to go and watch a game of football. I don't pay to sit in a creche!

Glad the north stand will be kids free and hope it stays that way!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Well I know where I am sitting on Saturday.

Do you know, I don't mind kids at football. But it is the kids who cannot behave that I cannot stand.

For example shed end near the end of the season there was that kid who just screamed utter nonsense for 90 minutes that got on my nerves and the parent did nothing, then there was the 2 sets of kids where 1 sat at the back the other at the front and tried to chuck stuff between themselves!! I didn't pay 17 quid to get hit with sweets or have to tell them to stop it! I am not a babysitter.

In short, if you plan on having lots under 16s - great. But can I suggest if any under 16s are attending without parents you make sure they sit in the kids section. As I have said before I pay to go and watch a game of football. I don't pay to sit in a creche!

Glad the north stand will be kids free and hope it stays that way!

There are plenty of Adults who scream nonsense for 90 mins so why single out kids.

Kids are in essence just that kids -as for behaviour the same rules that apply to adults apply to kids but in short we aim to have far more kids in our stadium ,as for North Stand staying kids free we will review as required.

I would be delighted if we could get 1000 under 16s into Firhill -that should be our aim.

Is it true that we ate allowed to stand.?

Also can the smokers smoke on the concourse during the game?

Is it true we are allowed to do congas, sit on the roof on sunny days, and have our own drums and trumpet masseeeve?

I will be going this weekend, and was really looking forward to being in the North Stand. I mentioned the stand being open as a singing section that standing will be tolerated in to my girlfriend who will also be there (she enjoys Stoke games where we've stood for 90 mins) and she moaned about me expecting her to stand for the whole game. As standing won't be obligatory, I guess I'll have to sit with her, but if the guys starting the songs can sing "Stand up if you love thistle" constantly, then it'll be greatly appreciated :innocent2:

We know who wears the trousers in your relationship Chris.

Did they get huckled out for throwing things after being caught on the infamous cctv system or spotted by the stewards?

We are still exploring some options around a smoking area, nothing confirmed yet, but as JJ points out, the No Smoking rule applies to the North Stand as it does to the rest of the Stadium.

Will add the electronic cigarette point to the pre-match stewards briefing.

Not sure what we expect from this initially, but we are all really hopeful that as the season progresses, the North Stand crowds will grow and grow.

We are still exploring some options around a smoking area, nothing confirmed yet, but as JJ points out, the No Smoking rule applies to the North Stand as it does to the rest of the Stadium.

Will add the electronic cigarette point to the pre-match stewards briefing.

Not sure what we expect from this initially, but we are all really hopeful that as the season progresses, the North Stand crowds will grow and grow.

Nice one, at one point last season I was told I couldn't use it because it looked like I was smoking. Imagine that :frantic:

There are plenty of Adults who scream nonsense for 90 mins so why single out kids.

Kids are in essence just that kids -as for behaviour the same rules that apply to adults apply to kids but in short we aim to have far more kids in our stadium ,as for North Stand staying kids free we will review as required.

I would be delighted if we could get 1000 under 16s into Firhill -that should be our aim.

There are plenty of people who talk a lot of nonsense in the JHS agreed. But a child screeching and screaming for no reason other than his parent cannot be bothered to be a parent is not good enough. There's a kids section for a reason.

I also don't appreciate being asked not to swear when sitting in JHS when it is not the kids section.

Kids are kids - i am not some Scrooge who think they should sit in silence for 90 mins - I would just appreciate if they want to sit in sections with adults they show some respect and don't be utter brats. There clearly will never be the same rules for kids as there would be for adults. No chance a steward would kick a kid out.

I think the getting more kids through the gates is good - they are future jags fans. But maybe remember that you have fans which have no family andalso like little incentives aimed at them now and again.

Did they get huckled out for throwing things after being caught on the infamous cctv system or spotted by the stewards?

Of course not - there just kids being kids so that makes it ok afterall!