More Nonsense In The Daily Record Today

gianlucatoni

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/3251514.stm

Chic Young back in 2002, oh how times change:

But I have a problem with clubs who can eject their debt by going into administration and then resume normal service in the same division while former employees - and not just players - are left drowning in a sea of debt. It is morally wrong. "

Stole that from P&B. Someone should pin it at the top of the forum.

Next time he is on the BBC phone ins hope someone hammers him about it......Twat!!

I saw this one when I got to the shop round the corner after work last night. The upside is that we've gone from the end of Scottish football to 20 teams in jeopardy now to three SPL in danger of folding.

I suspect one of those teams they're talking about will be um .... a Rangers newco. I also suspect another team terrified of imminent collapse in that story happens to be the mighty Celtic, you know, the team that can survive without Rangers. Nothing to with collapsing and everything to do with the old medicine.

The 'one' ... who knows. Take your pick.

Next time he is on the BBC phone ins hope someone hammers him about it......Twat!!

I just hope someone hammers him....period.

Noticed his ugly mug on the telly the other night. He was one of the passengers stuck on yon train badly delayed due to the landslide. My heart goes out to those poor poor people that were sharing a carriage with him.

I saw this one when I got to the shop round the corner after work last night. The upside is that we've gone from the end of Scottish football to 20 teams in jeopardy now to three SPL in danger of folding.

I suspect one of those teams they're talking about will be um .... a Rangers newco. I also suspect another team terrified of imminent collapse in that story happens to be the mighty Celtic, you know, the team that can survive without Rangers. Nothing to with collapsing and everything to do with the old medicine.

The 'one' ... who knows. Take your pick.

This is the thing - no-one knows. It reminds me of all the stuff surrounding Greece 'leaving' the euro. A disorderly exit could be catastrophic, or it might be brushed off, but everyone is scared to test it since by the time it's happened you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

There will be financial repercussions because of this. Potentially catastrophic ones for some/ several clubs. No-one knows how bad it will get.

I can't blame those charged with preserving certain structures their attempts to preserve 'The Old Firm', since that's what a lot of the commercial cash surrounding this industry is predicated on. I think they're wrong, but I understand why they're doing what they're doing.

The fact is that they could have recognised that the writing was on the wall weeks ago, and used the time and effort to start working to the new commercial reality now (MUCH easier said than done for football clubs), with real effort to restructure our game to accord with that. That this could potentially benefit Newco (by reducing their time in the wilderness and letting them compete at the level appropriate to sporting/ moral/ financial integrity).

Hopefully today and tomorrow will signal the end of the misguided efforts to underpin the current house of cards...

This would be the same Daily Ranger whose prescient comments have been so accurate to date would it? The same cheerleader and apologist for sectarianism with a proven track record of exposing wrongdoing and illicit chanting,would it be? The same so called newspaper whose slant on this whole saga has had more twist and turns over the last few months than Craig Whyte: that man who according to the media had assets "off the scale".

i'm afraid if the Scottish sporting media had any limited credibility prior to Rangers going into administration, then they're coverage following it with one or two honourable exceptions has destroyed what little they have.

To be honest I don't believe a word of their " the end of the world is nigh" type nonsense. The fact that there will be suffering and change is an unfortunate effect of the Rangers saga. Its hardly a reason to throw a party and welcome a guest who has just trashed your house is it?

How on earth are SFL clubs more likely to bust as a result of this? Had Rangers not got themselves into this mess we'd be plodding along, should Rangers be without a league to play in next season we'll plod along just the same and should Rangers get into the Third Division we'll plod along just as usual. The same for every club in the first division and the second division. Third division clubs may get a boost in attendances. How is this hurting any SFL club (except from those in Dundee/Dunfermline's position where they don't know what league they will play in)?

I think the argument is Rangers in Div 3, no TV money. No TV money, no settlement payment to the SFL from the SPL. So clubs would lose out. SPL putting a gun to our heads by claiming Sky and ESPN are putting a gun to theirs. And whoever signed that contract really needs to be clearing his desk.

I'm not sure I follow you. Yes SPL are claiming no TV money but Sky already came out and denied that. Even if renegotiate later it's not as bad a hit as they say since Newco wouldn't be there to grab a bigger chunk of it than anyone else (except Celtic).

Not sure what contract you're refrring to - if Sky contract then what I just said if the settlement payment then was that just passed on a handshake or is there actually anything in writing. If the latter then I think if the SFL show any bottle they will back down.

I'm just going by what reporters were tweeting from Hampden. This is the argument laid out to the SFL clubs.

https://twitter.com/...116686152548353

I'm not responsible for the truth of it

Apologies though I wasn't getting at you, just puzzled. Now I know it's what the reporters are saying then I'm fine. They're as much involved in the fix as anyone else. I used to think the stuff they came out with was because they were so useless (which they are) but in fact they are a willing part of the fix and they know it.

That's a bit of a harsh judgement on Jim Spence who has consistently been one of the very few voices you can trust in this. Sometimes they're really just reporting what was said, which is a valuable service.

I realise there are one or two exceptions, I was speaking generally or rather of a specific group who I think everyone is aware of. Also it's not just a reporters job to report the bare bones of what's said. If someone makes claims with no evidence or is just telling plain porkies they should point this out.

Most of them give us the line from the con-men, give it the big headline don't challenge any of the very obviously dubious statements and then maybe put a wee bit at the end quoting someone who disagrees. The emphasis is all important as is the drip drip (actually it's more like a waterfall) of these kinds of stories.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Cannot believe that Traynor is still pedalling this pro-H*n bullshit. The club don't even EXIST anymore yet he is still buttering them up in the hope of more junkets to Jersey on Murray's tab.

This guy's credibility is gone, completely gone. I really can't see how he could even keep that phone in going next season given some of the utter ridiculous articles that he has put his name too in the last few months