New Thistle Statement

gg1971

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake the latest statement is just more pish. Whoever is writing it is doing a fantastic job at avoiding the words, division three and the phrase, we will vote no to allowing them into the first division.

What we got was...

The offer of reconstruction is unacceptable in its current form, inferring a better offer and come on in to the first.

Oh and, we're to scared to make a decision. So can someone else do it for us...

If the club came out in the light of today's vote and said, based on today's vote, come next Thursday, we can not vote yes in any form. We believe rangers should start in the 3rd, I think the ground swell on here would be incredible.

But they won't.

Make no mistake the latest statement is just more pish. Whoever is writing it is doing a fantastic job at avoiding the words, division three and the phrase, we will vote no to allowing them into the first division.

What we got was...

The offer of reconstruction is unacceptable in its current form, inferring a better offer and come on in to the first.

Oh and, we're to scared to make a decision. So can someone else do it for us...

If the club came out in the light of today's vote and said, based on today's vote, come next Thursday, we can not vote yes in any form. We believe rangers should start in the 3rd, I think the ground swell on here would be incredible.

But they won't.

Newco does not even meet the current requirements for entry into division 3. It should play in the Juniors or another league for 3 years and apply when the next vacancy arises.

With now FOUR statements from the board, it is very clear that they want SPL 2 and are prepared to be as corrupt as the rest of SPL/SFA are.

What a disgusting situation for a club who we THOUGHT stood for integrity. We have obviously been DUPED all of these years.

Thistle have apparently been getting praise from people 'outside of the club' for their statement today. Maybe looking at it from a Thistle fan perspective clouds the judgement a wee bit so I have 'tried' to view the statement as objectively as possible. I still wanted a definitive NO to Newco in SFL1, but what we got was 'no to the current proposals', but being the first Club to call out any of the games ruling bodies to take the bull by the horns (that body being the SFA).

So, as Jags fans we got the NO we were after and as Scottish football fans we also got a challenge to the SFA. Ok, we are also hedging our bets (or holding out for a better deal for want of a better phrase) a bit...given Dungcasters claim that SFL3 was simply "not a viable option" and the threats of creating SPL2 (which could happen without the backing of the SFL anyway), maybe we have been quite sensible here.

Now, objectivity attempts completely gone, I STILL WANT MY CLUB TO SAY GTF, SFL3 OR NOTHING!!!!

So much for objectivity :angry3:

• Members

Been to plenty Thistle vs Rangers games over the last 40 years. Never been abused. You must be really unlucky or something!

Anyway, from what I read, it's sounding more and more like their league rather than ours!!!

Our Board want to be part of the SPL. Every season I want my team to win the league and be part of the SPL. I find it strange that any Jags fan doesn't want to be there. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing on a Saturday then.

Been to plenty Thistle vs Rangers games over the last 40 years. Never been abused. You must be really unlucky or something!

Anyway, from what I read, it's sounding more and more like their league rather than ours!!!

Our Board want to be part of the SPL. Every season I want my team to win the league and be part of the SPL. I find it strange that any Jags fan doesn't want to be there. Kinda defeats the purpose of playing on a Saturday then.

i'm quite sure the majority of Thistle fans do want to be in the SPL, and if an SPL2 was formed, they may even want to be there.

However, the issue is, how you get there.

Do you get there because football acknowledges restructuring is required, or do you get there by being the best in your league. Both acceptable options.

However, if you get there, because the SPL wants one of their big draws, back up in the party. If you get there because you have taken a vote that allows a team to progress up 2 leagues without playing a competitive game in that league. Then that, I and many others, quite rightly cannot stomach.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

It is great that we are all such moral beings here. I have never done anything bad, indeed I am squeeky clean (honkhonk).

It is great that we are all such moral beings here. I have never done anything bad, indeed I am squeeky clean (honkhonk).

Its nothing to do with us personally, so that really is a strange outlook.

It's how your club operates, the actions they take, and how they look upon a team who has cheated to the highest level, for close on 25 years. If your club condone's there actions and allows them into the 1st, your club is making a statement that financial cheating is acceptable and that winning is not important, that being the best is not of importance.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Its nothing to do with us personally, so that really is a strange outlook.

It's how your club operates, the actions they take, and how they look upon a team who has cheated to the highest level, for close on 25 years. If your club condone's there actions and allows them into the 1st, your club is making a statement that financial cheating is acceptable and that winning is not important, that being the best is not of importance.

I can't get too excited over the whole debate, but my consistent view has been that the 3rd division is the only way.

Our club 'operated' poorly prior to STJ, and while we exited through CVA, we paid 40p in the £. I take the point that at least we settled, but we cheated people out of 60p in the £, didn't get a points penalty, didn't get a relegation...you get my drift.

We then got VERY lucky when we sold Harkins. If we hadn't then it was goodbye again, is that cheating? I can't really decide...but again I am sure you will get my drift.

I don't see anything in any of our MANY statements where we say "financial cheating is fine by us". That is simply reading into things and conjecture. We have said we will vote NO to division 1, and while the wording isn't fantastic (or is it just not as good as Raith/Clyde) we do say as much.

As a general point, the press coverage of this whole SORRY affair has simply caused mass hysteria. You could read articles about this until the end of time.

We have said we will vote NO to division 1, and while the wording isn't fantastic (or is it just not as good as Raith/Clyde) we do say as much.

We don't, we say we can not accept the current offer on the table for reconstruction and will accept whatever the SFA suggest.

The SFA are peddling newco in the 1st division.

Show me one statement that confirms it is Thistle's belief that Newco should start in the 3rd Division.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

We don't, we say we can not accept the current offer on the table for reconstruction and will accept whatever the SFA suggest.

The SFA are peddling newco in the 1st division.

Show me one statement that confirms it is Thistle's belief that Newco should start in the 3rd Division.

Convenient selective quoting, taking it as read that you agree with my other points. :thumbsup2:

We have said NO to Sevco Rovers being in our division (DIVISION 1). There aren't any other options apart from division 3 after SPL vote.

Bizarre/silly analogy...when you decide what you have for dinner...and there are 2 options...say pizza and pasta. You opt for pizza, and write it on your BLOG. Do you also write....BUT I DIDN'T HAVE PASTA. You don't, and people would take it as read that you didn't have the pasta (unless you had a PASTA PIZZA). I am quite comfortable that PTFC BOD, in saying no to division 1, are basically saying its division 3 (I don't read much of the resturcturing nonsense), but having had a cursory glance at the PTFC statement, they don't seem to say that they will accept resturcturing for the benefit of Sevco, they seem to see it as fundamental for the game. Just like the rest of us?

Ps. Wonder if the Star will serve us a Pasta Pizza anytime soon. :drink2:

Edited by fredthecheesecloth

Having the H uns in our league. Every time we have played them, I have been abused by their scumbag fans.

Seriously Kni, that is the argument your putting up for them not being in same league as us? So they start in Div 3 and in time arrive in same league as us, wherever that may be, then what?

Oh and if it is being "abused by their scum bag fans" as long as it is only words, then so what, it passes in seconds. Sure you get angry about it and perhaps you throw insults back, but really at the end of the day, who gets really hurt by it?

Worse probably gets said by one jag fan to another on here.

Convenient selective quoting, taking it as read that you agree with my other points. :thumbsup2:

We have said NO to Sevco Rovers being in our division (DIVISION 1). There aren't any other options apart from division 3 after SPL vote.

Bizarre/silly analogy...when you decide what you have for dinner...and there are 2 options...say pizza and pasta. You opt for pizza, and write it on your BLOG. Do you also write....BUT I DIDN'T HAVE PASTA. You don't, and people would take it as read that you didn't have the pasta (unless you had a PASTA PIZZA). I am quite comfortable that PTFC BOD, in saying no to division 1, are basically saying its division 3 (I don't read much of the resturcturing nonsense), but having had a cursory glance at the PTFC statement, they don't seem to say that they will accept resturcturing for the benefit of Sevco, they seem to see it as fundamental for the game. Just like the rest of us?

Ps. Wonder if the Star will serve us a Pasta Pizza anytime soon. :drink2:

May be it is the strong coffee i'm drinking that has me in a haze, may be it is the medication i'm on for a throat infection, what ever it is I find myself about to say something really really weird............................................WELL SAID!

:clapping:

Right now, pizza or pasta are on the menu.

Every customer says the pizza on the menu at the restraunt is stinking, no one likes it, you need to have the pasta.

The problem is our club want Pizza, they just wasnt a different topping than the one on the menu. And they want the waiter to choose the topping, what ever the waiter chooses, our club will eat.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

May be it is the strong coffee i'm drinking that has me in a haze, may be it is the medication i'm on for a throat infection, what ever it is I find myself about to say something really really weird............................................WELL SAID!

:clapping:

Thanks Lenny. Always good to make new forum friends.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Every customer says the pizza on the menu at the restraunt is stinking, no one likes it, you need to have the pasta.

The problem is our club want Pizza, they just wasnt a different topping than the one on the menu. And they want the waiter to choose the topping, what ever the waiter chooses, our club will eat.

Again, I take your point. I don't agree with it, as it think there are too many convenient jumps in your 3rd paragraph to basically get to an opinion that you 'want to hold', but fair enough. Lets see what happens.

Good analogy. Even if the topping is shite, from which they eventually die sooner than they would have if it was anchovies and capers.