The Scottish Communities League Cup

MerryHell

It would be great to get newco at oldbrox - to be the first/last team to beat them on their own patch before they disappear for good would be magic.

Added to that, the undoubted payday (if they ever paid us) would surely help with our own promotion aspirations.

We'll probably draw Clyde though....

Train to Dundee's not cheap though, £30 return even with a railcard. Supporters bus it seems.

Buy now - advance fair - no rail card it is about £20. then the bus is half an hour to Forfar - the number 20 or 20 A (Got to love google).

I actually can't wait because looking at away days this season - this will be the best one! :)

For those getting the train to Dundee the following is legit and gets you a third off (I'll be doing it as I always do for Dundee away).

Glasgow - Dundee off peak return = £36 - do not buy this.

Glasgow - Perth off peak day return = £16.80

Perth - Dundee off peak day return = £8

Total = £24.80 (if you have a railcard then you of course qualify for 1/3 off the above fares making it even cheaper)

Buy both of the above, split ticketing is perfectly valid (as long as the train you are on stops at the station you split at, in this case every train to Dundee from Glasgow stops at Perth so it is valid on every train), you can buy this on the morning at the station, they have to sell you this (only ever had problems split ticketing once when going to Kirkcaldy but told the woman to bolt and check with someone). Basically there is no day return Glasgow - Dundee so the £36 is valid to return within 30 days, we don't need that going up for the day so you split it into 2 day returns which are way cheaper. The advantage of doing this rather than booking online is that you can get any train, advance tickets tie you to one train and if you miss it you need a new ticket (at full price).

I've never been to Forfar on public transport, how long does the bus take from Dundee and how much is it?

Edited by uberteeb

For those getting the train to Dundee the following is legit and gets you a third off (I'll be doing it as I always do for Dundee away).

Glasgow - Dundee off peak return = £36 - do not buy this.

Glasgow - Perth off peak day return = £16.80

Perth - Dundee off peak day return = £8

Total = £24.80 (if you have a railcard then you of course qualify for 1/3 off the above fares making it even cheaper)

Buy both of the above, split ticketing is perfectly valid (as long as the train you are on stops at the station you split at, in this case every train to Dundee from Glasgow stops at Perth so it is valid on every train), you can buy this on the morning at the station, they have to sell you this (only ever had problems split ticketing once when going to Kirkcaldy but told the woman to bolt and check with someone). Basically there is no day return Glasgow - Dundee so the £36 is valid to return within 30 days, we don't need that going up for the day so you split it into 2 day returns which are way cheaper. The advantage of doing this rather than booking online is that you can get any train, advance tickets tie you to one train and if you miss it you need a new ticket (at full price).

That's fantastic, thanks!