10 Years Ago Today....

G SUS

... Gretna played their first SFL game.

I think all Thistle fan's defining memory would be the 3-3 game at Firhill in November 2005. Who left at 3-0? I remember staying because my bus time's wouldn't have justified leaving early.

There's an interesting article about them: http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=821

Even though sometimes we chastise the board for a "lack of funds" at least we're here today and still competing.

Thoughts and memories of the Gretna "fairytale" please.

... Gretna played their first SFL game.

I think all Thistle fan's defining memory would be the 3-3 game at Firhill in November 2005. Who left at 3-0? I remember staying because my bus time's wouldn't have justified leaving early.

There's an interesting article about them: http://tellhimhespele.com/?p=821

Even though sometimes we chastise the board for a "lack of funds" at least we're here today and still competing.

Thoughts and memories of the Gretna "fairytale" please.

I left that game early. I've always hated people leaving early, and I knew I'd regret it that day, even if it finished 6-0 to Gretna. My problem was that the crowd were giving the players so much abuse; did McConalogue not get booed onto the pitch as a substitute? I actually hated our fans that evening. The thing is, with hindsight I can see it was one woman in particular and her cronies that I used to sit near making the most noise, and had I moved to another part of the stand I'd have probably not been as bothered, but I was so annoyed I just left.

My abiding memory of Gretna was waiting for there fans to leave Firhill so we could get out the North gate. Seeing them all get onto their plush buses (paid for by Mileson) looking smug was to much to take for one guy. When Mileson was getting in to his blacked out 4 x 4 I remember the guy shouting:

"Hey Brooks - a hundred million pound and you still look like a f*cking tramp!"

My abiding memory of Gretna was waiting for there fans to leave Firhill so we could get out the North gate. Seeing them all get onto their plush buses (paid for by Mileson) looking smug was to much to take for one guy. When Mileson was getting in to his blacked out 4 x 4 I remember the guy shouting:

"Hey Brooks - a hundred million pound and you still look like a f*cking tramp!"

It's hard work keeping up a 100 fag and 20 Lucozade a day habit!

Close behind that 3-3 game for fun value was 2-2 draw at Firhill. We were 0-2 down after I believe 73 seconds. I know we only got a point but it felt like a 2-0 win.

I was not even in my seat in the 2 - 2 game and we were two down! :angry3:

Remember Roberts scoring a cracker in that game - did he get the other goal as well?

Edited by Alan Murray

Close behind that 3-3 game for fun value was 2-2 draw at Firhill. We were 0-2 down after I believe 73 seconds. I know we only got a point but it felt like a 2-0 win.

We were in a taxi and knew it was 0-2 when we got out, I was going through the turnstyle when we got a goal back, for me we won that game 1-0.

Gretna itself was a pretty miserable place.

I remember a game in the Second Division down at Raydale Park where we were 2-0 down and Santala and a last minute Kilgannon penalty got us a 2-2 draw.

Oh yes, I remember that one fondly(ish). Sitting in the wee Meccano 'stand' was an experience itself. I think Grady scored for them early in the 2nd half with a rocket header well out from goal after a nifty cross from their winger. The Santala goal was the result of a massive bollox-up by Main who came out to the edge of the box to collect a through ball that their defender had touched last, but ended up clutching a bunch of air, leaving the 'Duke' all on his own 4 or 5 yards out for literally the easiest goal of all time.