Queens On Tuesday

p12tfc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an armageddonite, just a genuine fan who is concerned by the fringe players' lack of experience. We were close to going out tonight and losing valuable cash.

How do you propose getting experience for fringe players, other than playing them in fixtures like tonight's? Which is what we did and still managed to win

Just in short distance over the road. A very entertaining game, we had loads of chances but at times did not take enough of them. Fair play to the spiders though, almost every time they went up field I thought they would score, I dont actually think Scully made a save and imo looks to have almost no confidence. Wasnt overly impressed with McGuigan either. However well done to the team for battling their way to a victory. 9 goals we dont see that very often

Not an armageddonite, just a genuine fan who is concerned by the fringe players' lack of experience. We were close to going out tonight and losing valuable cash.

I accept your point.

Had they lost, then it probably would be armageddon in here, though.

But fact is that we aren't out and the fringe players selected got the job done, and what's more they did so in a manner that gave them vital exposure and experience.

They probably benefitted more from that type of game than scoring early and playing out a comfortable 1-0 win.

So praise to them all for having the character to have completed the job successfully in the last couple of minutes.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I'm not saying he was motm, but I think some of the criticism of Craigen is harsh. He's not the finished article, he's a cheap option McNamara has taken a punt on.

As I said in just in, he maybe needs to toughen up a bit.

But he's got a great engine, up and down the pitch all the time, never hides, drops short all the time wanting the ball, puts a good corner in, set up Elliot with a nice cross tonight, and looks to link well with the strikers. I agree with McNamara's comments pre-season, is hard to work out which his strongest foot is. I think if we give him more time he could be decent. I'm not saying he's going to be a superstar for us, but my guess is it's not costing too much for us to have this guy, give him time.

Easy thing to do to jump on people's back after tonight, wasn't great, was awful in parts, freakish match we deserved to and did infact win, onwards and upwards boys.