Just In

uberteeb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't make up my mind whether that was woeful or wonderful. Relieved to have won, although we were poor, by far the better team, every time they hit a shot they scored, whereas we missed a number of good chances.

Hope welsh is ok, took a bad early on. Their number 9 should have red carded for that elbow on muirhead too. Queens were so bad I'm humiliated to have conceded 4 times, got out jail free tonight. Bannigan was Motm for me.

Erskine I thought played well, I was annoyed to hear people get on his back so often, wee thing some of you need to know about football- if your a winger who beats his man every time and puts in a great ball, you get a game for Barcelona, not us. Give him a break.

I'm sure jackie will have learned a few things from that, by my mind, those things will be - Ryan sculls does not fill his defenders with confidence. Still has potential though.

Balatoni may be a diddy, make or break season.

We need rowser or Murray in midfield, Paton tries to play holding role and does ok but we are nowhere on second balls.

Bannigan has to play this season, if not in midfield then in favour of Sinclair.

Craigen is a nice wee player but needs to toughen up a bit, I think he has potential though.

Mcguigan and Elliot - we are lacking if Doolan gets injured. they work hard but kris has the extra quality.

Relieved to have won, but should never have went that far, we nearly lost to one of the worst teams I've ever seen, honestly.

Edited by chunky jag

Our 4th was a thing of beauty. Some excellent attacking football tonight and a front 3 of Erskine, Lawless and Doolan is easily one of the best in the SFL.

Scully is gash, anything on target looked like going in and he didn't even look comfortable with the shot from the half way line after the 5th went in.

Queens had 5 efforts at goal and 4 went in we had umpteen efforts and 5 went in. As was said above crackin entertainment the last ten minutes were crazy.. A few players need to improve on tonights showing but lets not look tooo much on the negative side to win after being 1 down with 3 minutes to go was fantastic

Can't make up my mind whether that was woeful or wonderful. Relieved to have won, although we were poor, by far the better team, every time they hit a shot they scored, whereas we missed a number of good chances.

Hope welsh is ok, took a bad early on. Their number 9 should have red carded for that elbow on muirhead too. Queens were so bad I'm humiliated to have conceded 4 times, got out jail free tonight. Bannigan was Motm for me.

Erskine I thought played well, I was annoyed to hear people get on his back so often, wee thing some of you need to know about football- if your a winger who beats his man every time and puts in a great ball, you get a game for Barcelona, not us. Give him a break.

I'm sure jackie will have learned a few things from that, by my mind, those things will be - Ryan sculls does not fill his defenders with confidence. Still has potential though.

Balatoni may be a diddy.

Bannigan has to play this season, if not in midfield then in favour of Sinclair.

Craigen is a nice wee player but needs to toughen up a bit, I think he has potential though.

Mcguigan and Elliot - we are lacking if Doolan gets injured. they work hard but kris has the extra quality.

Releived to have won, but should never have went that far, we nearly lost to one of the worst teams I've ever seen, honestly.

Definetly had last season but I was more than a bit taken aback by how poor he was tonight, picking the ball out the net 4 times and not a save at all. A couple of the goals he didnt even look as though he made an effort for them, contrast with the Queens keeper who while conceeding 5, helped stop the Jags from scoring double that.

Elliot was okay and does try, I have to say I thought McGuigan struggled a bit and not sure if giving him a 2 year contract was the right thing. As you say neither seem anywhere near the Doolan/Lawless type goalscorers

Did think when it became 4-3 it was game over so well done to the lads for battling back in the last few minutes like that

Edited by Third Lanark

Shakey at the back at times, don't look as solid without Shuggie and Archie but cracking entertainment, rather that than a 1-0 win. Some brilliant goals, especially Queens first and our fourth.

Great entertainment. Some excellent goals. Tremendous character from the Jags to fight back to win it in the last minute.

Really thought we were going out. Queen's were more up for this game than us and the loss of the first goal only galvanised them. Craigan had a nightmare, lost the ball in the middle of the park for their first and lost his confidence. We started with a back 5 and looked all over the place, nobody was winning the ball in the middle of the park. McNamara changed it to 4-4-2 with Paton moving into midfield and we looked a much more solid unit, scoring two and probably should have killed the game before half time.

Queens once again came out in the second half fired up and again we didn't match them. Lawless made a big difference when he came on for McGuigan and him and Erskine began to link up really well.

Delighted with the our desire to get back into the game at the death. Bannagan's goal was a peach.

I tell you one thing for sure, we're not going to win anything this year if Doolan gets injured. Elliot might score the odd goal but his link up play is awful.

Lawless, Paton, O'Donnell all played well. Erskine, Sinclair, Balatoni, Muirhead, and Bannigan did ok. Scully, Craigan, Elliot, McGuigan either weren't at the races or aren't good enough. Welsh got stretchered off with a bad head knock. Doubt he'll make Saturday.

Think some of the Thistle players thought they'd stroll this game, but if we don't match a team physically we'll lose games. Hope that's a lesson we take into other games.

Edited by simoncordiner

From tonight's display a couple of stating the obvious facts

Scully needs to go out on loan to get some games, we need an experienced back up goalie

McGuigan is a big disappointment.

On the plus side Paton and Bannigan were great tonight, Erskine came on to a game.Hope Welshy is ok we need him fit.

Exciting stuff tho and great turn out of Jags fans

AJ

You mentioned this elsewhere too, Charlie.

What happened?

Celebrating his goal in front of the away fans and acting a bit of a dick and then doing the same for their 4th on his own whilst the rest of the Queen's Park players went over to celebrate with Little. Not the worst crime in the world but he was trying to provoke a reaction.

It's especially pleasing that he ended up on the losing side tonight after that.

After two of QP's goals he ran over to the Thistle fans and goaded them - first time he ran off the pitch and skidded on his knees in front of the Thistle section.

I think it was the player they call Chucky his surname is Watt cant remember if its Ian or something. Was a Rangers youth player a few years back released and went to Queens Park been with the Spider for nearly 5 years and a pretty good player for them, however as mentioned by others a bit disappointing his antics.

I think it was the player they call Chucky his surname is Watt cant remember if its Ian or something. Was a Rangers youth player a few years back released and went to Queens Park been with the Spider for nearly 5 years and a pretty good player for them, however as mentioned by others a bit disappointing his antics.

Must have been getting some early practice for when they gub Sevco at Hampden during the festive period, I guess.

Get it round number 14. Never even got goaded at all!

To be honest, I think it shows our depth is rubbish. McGuigan and Elliot were ******* terrible, Craigen was anonymous. The midfield was shite albeit without three first choice players (well Welsh went down early doors, we need him). Erskine someone scored twice despite being gash, and the wing backs didn't get forward all night (O'Donnell a winger and nothing else!!!!).

Lawless was good when he came on I felt.

Queues to get in were a farce.

Edited by MWM

Explains everything :happy2: .

Get it round Little, and the number 14, pair of ******s, hope they're sick. Never even got goaded at all!

To be honest, I think it shows our depth is rubbish. McGuigan and Elliot were ******* terrible, Craigen was anonymous. The midfield was shite albeit without three first choice players (well Welsh went down early doors, we need him). Erskine someone scored twice despite being gash, and the wing backs didn't get forward all night (O'Donnell a winger and nothing else!!!!).

Lawless was good when he came on I felt.

Queues to get in were a farce.

Jackie has given Balatoni, McGuigan and Craigen two year contracts. Elliot is in the second year of his contract. Is the manager wasting the club's money on duds?

I`m just in from game and mighty relieved we got there in the end. Biggest disappointment for me was the abuse hurled at some of our own players by so called "fans". Do you honestly think any player goes out to perform badly? It certainly wont help when they get barracked every move they make.Also certain players are fans favourites and in their eyes can do no wrong . But please guys give everyone the same support and we will see improvements.Looking forward to Sat now.

Strange, strange game which sums up perfectly the emotional rollercoaster ride of being a Thistle fan.

We completely controlled the game up until Queens scored, and could have been at least two goals up.

No real blame for their first - there wont be many better goals this season.

Good finish by Sinclair for our first and the second was a really good team move, Elliots deft flick finding the corner.

We were rank rotten the start of the second half - we just looked really shaky at the back so it was no surprise they equalised. Great work by Erskine for our 3rd, but again we were poor defending set pieces and lost another two stupid goals.

Sublime goal by Cairney in off the post and a great finish by Erskine to win it.

Incredible game.

Defence - Pish. We really lacked something at the back and looked nervous all night, although I thought Sinclair had a good game

Midfield - at times superb, Lawless looks a class apart from others in the team when he came on. Erskine drifted in and out of the game after replacing Walsh (not a serious injury I hope), but in general looked very dangerous.

Attack - Elliot got a goal but both him and McGuigan didn't really look the part for me.

At times we played some brilliant football, but we have serious issues at the back.

Still, great entertainment - and I really hope the Queens 14 pus is tripping him..wee prick

Jackie has given Balatoni, McGuigan and Craigen two year contracts. Elliot is in the second year of his contract. Is the manager wasting the club's money on duds?

We will not win the league though with this squad after what I saw tonight, we can't rely on our best 11 constantly being available. Some players not good enough others also struggling without the influence of our better ones.

Edited by MWM

Some of the QP goals were pretty decent strikes to be fair, but some

We will not win the league though with this squad after what I saw tonight, we can't rely on our best 11 constantly being available. Some players not good enough others also struggling without the influence of our better ones.

So you seem to agree with me. The manager has given 2 year contracts to players who have only played university football recently. He preferred to re-sign Balatoni rather than Robertson who is now at Abroath. For every good signing, there appears to be a dud.