Just Out - Firhill 25/08/12

sandy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMJ, you said in your reply post to me at 2:11pm that 'you singled' this fan out for singing!

Er no. I did not. Never saw him, never met him. I'll accept your apology for another factual inaccuracy. We are after CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, yeah?

Get behind onethistle and stop sniping eh?

I'm sure she meant the collective you. It's very dificult to get behind OneThistle when there's a OneThistle representative making threats to a youngster in the stadium and another on here being deliberately difficult over the whole matter and demanding evidence of it happening.

While we're in the habit of demanding apologies I hope there will be one forthcoming to the young lad in question on Saturday. I somehow doubt it.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

As a disabled supporter I think I have felt more of an improvement than able bodied fans in making the move to the North Stand. Before this season I have always been situated in the Main Stand. I always got a decent view and it was as close to the pitch as I could hope to get without actually invading it, so I was always up close and personal to the on-field action. And I was always very well sheltered during the bad weather, so there were a few positives to where I sat. But on the other hand, I felt a bit seperate from the atmosphere because the main stand is usually closed and on the rare occassions when it does get used it is only for away fans which meant I had to suffer listening to the songs of the opposition and it made it feel more like being at an away match instead of a home match! Also when the players scored or if they were being presented with something, such as the recent ARR Craib trophy they always went to the JHS, they never came over to the main stand, which again made me feel a bit isolated.

But now I have moved to the North Stand these issues are no longer there. Its great to be in amongst the atmosphere of the Thistle support, if anything I now get an even better view of the action, particularly when we are attacking the goal nearest to us, and when we score at this end more often than not the players celebrate right in front of us which is great! My only worry was would I be as sheltered from the elements but yesterday during the torrential rain I stayed mostly dry and I can move back a bit down one of the exits if the weather gets really bad. And when we get weather like we did at the Falkirk game I can work on my tan! Overall then I am very happy with the "New Shed", although the results and performances recently certainly add to the appeal! :thumbsup2:

LMJ, you said in your reply post to me at 2:11pm that 'you singled' this fan out for singing!

Er no. I did not. Never saw him, never met him. I'll accept your apology for another factual inaccuracy. We are after CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, yeah?

Get behind onethistle and stop sniping eh?

Did you bother to read my post of just pick the smallest detail and decide to make it a huge thing? When I said "you", i meant OneThistle which you represent do you not?

Can you also point out to me the other "factual inaccuracy" that I have made?

If you carried on reading my post you see I was behind OneThistle

LMJ & POTM, I have a volunteering opportunity for you both next week. Fancy working for onethistle looking after the Kids Zone?

;)

Oh and do send the 'steamer' to me, for his apology

What a petty pathetic little post! If you cannot take criticism then I suggest you do not ask for feedback.

Rab, rest assured this is in onethistle matchday report and I'm going to ensure a customer services volunteer is across in North Stand this Sat to try and improve things for you.

Cheers, Sandy

Just be sure that the oneThistle volunteer is not on a power trip with his Hi-vis Vest.

I refer you to your earlier post

POTM, the way Jim & I work with fans and the likes of Ian and Dave demonstrates respect. That is the onethistle way.

You say the OneThistle is about respect. Begin then and Practice what you preach, because you have shown very little if any for myself. Respect is there to be earned and any respect I had for you is now gone.

Same steward wouldn't let us through 'incase anything happened to the wee yin'. Fair enough but it was some battle getting through all the pie stall queues...would've been safer to let us just use the ladies closest to the family section. Is there a reason why that section wasn't moved to the city end of the JHS?

Seems strange that the same steward would say different things to different people.

Can anyone from the club confirm if they have thought about this issue as it isn't the easiest thing to negociate your way to the other end of the JHS at half time with a child in need of the toilet!

LMJ, a sense of humour helps sometimes.

But there is always Newco if you can't see the funny side of life.

See you next Sat in the North Stand.

Aye

Oh know i will still be a Thistle fan, I wont let fans on a power trip under the cover of "OneThistle" ruin my love of the jags!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Oh know i will still be a Thistle fan, I wont let fans on a power trip under the cover of "OneThistle" ruin my love of the jags!

We would not allow such people to volunteer for us. You used to volunteer I hear? You will understand then

Enjoy Hamilton next Sat.

Didn't affect me since I have an adult season ticket but there seemed to be some issues with someone with a concession season ticket getting into the North Stand. Those at the turnstles need to be aware that there will be some with concession season tickets not under 18.

North Stand was great fun once again.

Edit: The stewards who it seemed sent up a One Thistle volunteer to have a word singling out 1 young guy for the Alan Lithgow chants was a bit over the top. Plenty were starting various chants about him and it seems to be no more than bullying to pick on of the wee guys and blame him for it.

POTM

It was the Police who pointed the guy out ,and I have no doubt you are correct regards others singing the exact same ,unfortunately he was the person who caught there eye - the process is we try and deal with it before Stewards or Police have to step in.

The Young guy from onethistle was new - the contacts in the Shed are Ian Mac and Dave J and we go via them to aviod any "official" type of communication which only gets peoples backs up (understandbly) we will do a better briefing next week.

We are all new to this ,Fans ,Police ,Stewards ,onethistle guys - its going in the right direction ,we will have issues- but we are on the side of the fans of PTFC - in the past the young guy would have been ejected ,bad for him - even worse as we loose a fan,this time a wee chat -so its better ,not perfect but better - its a learning curve,

Right, given that this is a thread for feedback and given that I've (semi painfully) read through it all, I'd like to give some feedback to Sandy. I've never met you and have no idea who you are but you've (rightly) started a feedback thread here and anyone who requests feedback should know that you accept what is given, thank people for giving it, and then choose to deal with the issues you feel most important and take appropriate actions.

What you don't do is argue about petty points, wind people up, and create bad feeling with smug replies - possibly intended to be humorous but not obvious enough to not risk upsetting people. All this will do is turn people against what you're trying to achieve, build barriers and make people less likely to give feedback in future.

Maybe it would be an idea, in future, for someone impartial to get feedback and report a summary back to onethistle? Maybe this is what you're doing Sandy but if so you should really be less involved in the thread.

After the amazing atmosphere created from the North Stand at Falkirk game, I decided to make the move from the JHS for yesterday's game and went along with a work mate, who used to go regularly, but lost interest during the Dick Campbell era. I don't blame him! I'm glad to report the interest is back and he couldn't believe the change in atmosphere at Firhill.

There were very few negatives and they mirror previous comments about the catering. There was no brown sauce and the staff seemed not to care less, when asked. They also ran out of hot water during half time... Plenty of positives to outweigh it though.

Some people just love a moan... that's clear throughout this forum, not just this thread!

I agree the catering needs sorting and soon before no-one bothers buying the rubbish they're serving up. The noise coming through the PA system still annoys me... I can hear the shed fine thanks!

Complaints like these are what these feedback threads should be about... not having a go at the onethistle team. These guys are volunteering to TRY to improve the matchday experience. None of them have claimed to have all the answers of how to improve Firhill and they are open to suggestions. I think it's unfair to have a go at the guys who are leading onethistle when they are giving up their time to VOLUNTEER to improve things for the majority. Agreed that getting a few off comments from them won't help the mood of those already annoyed by some events at the match but we need to remember the majority of those helping out will have had little or no previous experience of the tasks they are doing and need time to improve and learn from mistakes.

Let's keep the criticism constructive and work as a team off the field just as Jackie and the boys are doing on it. " If we are together nothing is impossible. If we are divided all will fail."

Mon the jags

You are of course correct, but they hear that and worse at away games anyway. I was being a bit tongue in cheek and I'm not calling for the age restriction to be lifted...mourning my own loss more than anything. Was good to see you all doin the firhill dance :)

Perhaps enlisting some of the regular parents to help get the kids zone joining in might help...but tbh we could hardly hear the singing so more peeps in the north stand would also help.

You and me are just the men for the job !

Right, given that this is a thread for feedback and given that I've (semi painfully) read through it all, I'd like to give some feedback to Sandy. I've never met you and have no idea who you are but you've (rightly) started a feedback thread here and anyone who requests feedback should know that you accept what is given, thank people for giving it, and then choose to deal with the issues you feel most important and take appropriate actions.

What you don't do is argue about petty points, wind people up, and create bad feeling with smug replies - possibly intended to be humorous but not obvious enough to not risk upsetting people. All this will do is turn people against what you're trying to achieve, build barriers and make people less likely to give feedback in future.

Maybe it would be an idea, in future, for someone impartial to get feedback and report a summary back to onethistle? Maybe this is what you're doing Sandy but if so you should really be less involved in the thread.

MP Points noted - I will speak to admin and get a Matchday feedback user name ,it takes out the personality bit - fair play to Sandy it takes a brave man to ask for complaints, we are all going to go via a bit of a learning curve - that includes Club ,onethistle and fans - this is not a short term project - it will take years to rebuild the Club and whilst people have valid complaints the solutions wont always be quick as a lot of the customer supply is via external third parties,we are listening its a start.

And for the record when I attempted to try and do what Sandy has done a number of years ago I made a complete arse of myself falling out with Dave J and Ian Mac on holding pre match Gigs at Maryhill Juniors - I made a complete arse of myself ,so Sandy in fairness is a complete lightweight :thumbsup2:

It is hard to move from poster to communicator overnight

Cheers Jagman.

On Saturday we had 11volunteers in total giving of their time to support onethistle understand and begin to improve the Firhill matchday experience.

Big thanks to Gary, Lynsey, Amin, Marie-Claire, Paul, Ian, Jim, Liz, Charlene and Colin

And we'll have the team out again this Saturday too..

seeing as others have raised it, i'll second the catering fiasco.

2 trips to get a drink at 2 different games. both times, no gas for the taps. both times a scene of total and utter shambles trying to get it resolved which resulted in me walking away empty handed.

the language used by the catering staff and a steward drafted in to fix the problem (he didnt, he merely dropped the gas bottle on his toe (and i heard the clunk) and came out the door effin all over the place) was probably worse then some people complain about in the stands!

to make matters worse, each time there was a big, but 100% empty, fridge siting in the corner, which could have been stocked with water, macb, ribena, capri sun - anything really.

both visits were before half time.

dont want to moan, just want to pass on my experience in the hope it helps improve it.

I dont often use the pie stalls but feel sorry for those who regularly do, especially if they have kids with them.