Centenary Fund

Mediocre Pundit

First, I note again that the draw has yet to be made, despite it still saying on the microsite that it will be on or before the 15th of each month.

Second, I've still to have any response (not even an acknowledgement) from my email asking how to upgrade to Gold Membership, despite sending it mid July.

Third, there appears to no longer be any effort from the club to market this, nor give any other member benefits other than entries into a raffle. There used to be some events, hospitality deals - the kind of things that would make you want to upgrade membership. Not heard anything in ages.

Finally, does anyone know what profit the Centenary Fund makes for the club? I know the aim is (or at least, was) £100k per annum - where are we in relation to this and what is the club doing to achieve this?

This is supposed to be our main fundraiser, yet the club seem not to care about it - what the hell is going on? Seriously, how hard is it to run and market a raffle?

This would probably be a good area for onethistle to get involved in. If so I would be happy to commit some time to help with making improvements in line with the above.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I note again that the draw has yet to be made, despite it still saying on the microsite that it will be on or before the 15th of each month.

Ah, but they didn't say which year!!

Appropriate questions - I had made a commitment to up my contribution to this if we voted the right way on the Sevco issue so I'd better follow that through. But it would be good to know that there's still life in the beast.

Good marketing of this is needed just as much to show to those already contributing that's it's of value to the club and not just those who might be interested in joining.

I hear that Eddie Prentice is still running it but has been asked to hand it over to the Club.

Is he still receiving a wage? I found it ridculous that the year we had to sell Harkins and Twaddle to pay off HMRC and were constantly reminded by Cowan that we had no money that we could afford to pay Eddie his part time wage of £35K for running the Centenary Fund (even then it was hardly run on time) I dont want to go over old ground to much but perhaps if we had just sold Twaddle to Falkirk for £60K and did not pay Prentice that would have been £95K saved and we could have possibly not had to lose Harkins though I realise that Dundees £125k offer was massive.

Either way he should definetly not be receiving a wage now

Ah, but they didn't say which year!!

Appropriate questions - I had made a commitment to up my contribution to this if we voted the right way on the Sevco issue so I'd better follow that through. But it would be good to know that there's still life in the beast.

In fact, it would be good to know that we did vote the right way on the Sevco issue.....

Regardless of what happens with Eddie Prentice and the CF it is in serious need of being revamped.

Things we should be looking at

- turning it into a proper lottery with £1 a shot (current payments of £20, £10 and £5 get you multiple entries into the lottery)

- This allows a higher prize to be generated with various rollovers etc pushing the prize to say a max of £10k

- Also allows online payments to be taken using credit cards etcsetup to cover monthly, quarterly and annual payments

- Can have extra draws for "uniquely Thistle" prizes , things like a seat on the bench at a preseason game , travel on the team bus to an away game etc

Look at the way its run by http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/lottery.aspx , http://www.clydefc.co.uk/supporters-trust/lottery/ etc and its clear to me that while what we do is good it can be done so much better with a few tweaks.

If the club didnt want to look at moving to a lottery system then they will need to look at changing the prizes in some way as the current setup is a bit stale.

Its really not that difficult to make this even more of a fundraiser for the club.

Regardless of what happens with Eddie Prentice and the CF it is in serious need of being revamped.

Things we should be looking at

- turning it into a proper lottery with £1 a shot (current payments of £20, £10 and £5 get you multiple entries into the lottery)

- This allows a higher prize to be generated with various rollovers etc pushing the prize to say a max of £10k

- Also allows online payments to be taken using credit cards etcsetup to cover monthly, quarterly and annual payments

- Can have extra draws for "uniquely Thistle" prizes , things like a seat on the bench at a preseason game , travel on the team bus to an away game etc

Look at the way its run by http://www.rosscount...uk/lottery.aspx , http://www.clydefc.c...-trust/lottery/ etc and its clear to me that while what we do is good it can be done so much better with a few tweaks.

If the club didnt want to look at moving to a lottery system then they will need to look at changing the prizes in some way as the current setup is a bit stale.

Its really not that difficult to make this even more of a fundraiser for the club.

Spot on!

If Eddie Prentice is still involved with the club at any level then that in itself is extremely disappointing.

However, it would go some way to explaining why the centenary fund has been neglected so much lately.

Would it be an area that onethistle could get involved in? I would certainly hope so, but Jim and Lance would really have to come and answer that one. Although onethistle have had a good start, we can't be all things to all men - not at this stage anyway.

However, if there are offers of help on the table from people on here then I'm sure it's something Jim and Lance could look into.

The problem that the club had with the old lottery was that it was losing money. Now, how a lottery can lose money is anyone's guess, but there you go.

Well I'll say it again Ian - I'm not on here having a moan without offering a solution. I can't make it to Firhill for all that many matches so there's not much I can do to support onethistle on match days, but I'd be happy to devote a bit of time to helping run, improve and grow a fundraiser that would help the club.

Well I'll say it again Ian - I'm not on here having a moan without offering a solution. I can't make it to Firhill for all that many matches so there's not much I can do to support onethistle on match days, but I'd be happy to devote a bit of time to helping run, improve and grow a fundraiser that would help the club.

Excellent, that's exactly the attitude we are needing. I'm sure jim and Lance will see this anyway but I'll pass it on regardless.

• Members

I think you're guessing MP!!! :D I was vaguely aware of it being drawn very early in the season previously and so far there hasn't even been a hint of a whisper about it. advertising the car is about to be drawn, I would imagine, would result in more folk having a go. Especially with the feelgood factor around at the moment.

• Members

You may think so, but:

http://www.ptfccente...nd.co.uk/prizes

Lol. I looked for that but obviously in the wrong place! I don't have a link directly to the microsite and couldn't really find it the main site (Now looked a bit harder and found it). Probably just not looking hard enough! :) Interesting though, that the car winners aren't listed on those months unless once again I'm not looking hard enough? Edited by Willjag