New Midfield Signing

aberdeens jag

Not often we sign a young player from a higher level who I've actually heard of. Lots of good midfield players. I'm guessing there were not prolific strikers going that we could afford.

We don't need back up for Fox, if he gets injured we can get in an emergency loan, no point wasting a wage on a keeper to warm the bench.

I don't think that Jackie would bring another keeper. If Fox is injured, Scully will start with Wightman on the bench. Another keeper could be brought in if Scully gets injured too or loses form when Fox is out.

I see Forbes as a good replacement for Erskine and Lawless in the short term rather than Craigen or even Linford.

Down the line once fit I hope to see him push for a longer deal and a starting place.

The signings of Craig and Forbes suggest that Craigen and McGuigan have fallen down the "pecking order". It's possible that one or both could go out on loan. Doolan and Boyle benefited from their loan spells at Broadwood.

The signings of Craig and Forbes suggest that Craigen and McGuigan have fallen down the "pecking order". It's possible that one or both could go out on loan. Doolan and Boyle benefited from their loan spells at Broadwood.

A lot depends on the general attitude towards the reserve league. Jackie may want to play largely up and coming youngsters alongside the likes of Sid, Rowson etc. or he want to play his strongest "reserve" side. It could be that players will sharpen up and learn just as much from the reserves than playing in a lower league Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Out of interest, did Doolan actually score whilst at Clyde. I don't think his record was that good whilst there.

Out of interest, did Doolan actually score whilst at Clyde. I don't think his record was that good whilst there.

In the time he was there, I doubt even Messi would have scored many goals, you need to get the ball into attack before they can do something with it. Clyde were dreadful at the time, so I imagine Doolan only got a handful of touches a game (in the final third).

Edited by twinny

I see Forbes as a good replacement for Erskine and Lawless in the short term rather than Craigen or even Linford.

Down the line once fit I hope to see him push for a longer deal and a starting place.

Agree with this, should be a good signing. A couple of Morton fans on sour grapes on pie & bovril as he was on trial with them, fact is he us has obviously chosen us over the likes of Morton and Dumbarton, also possibly Dunfermline as well, has been training with us and will know Lawless well from Motherwell days, in fact quite a few Well fans seemed a bit annoyed that McCall had released him.

Definetly a lot of potential with Forbes and I would hope if he does well we can sign him up on a far longer deal