Jags Roadshow Coming Soon To Edinburgh

Albert's Ghost

Jackie Mac, Maxi and hopefully Sid will visit Edinburgh for chat & Q&A.

Thanks to Kenny Mac for organising this.

When? Wednesday 12th September, 7pm onwards

Where? Newsroom, 5-11 Leith St, Edinburgh EH1 1AB

http://www.newsroomedinburgh.co.uk

All welcome! Come along and moan about this season's record of wins, goals, signings, tactics etc. Or just purr contentedly.

Points that I remember in no particular order

1. Doesn't want anyone going out on loan, wants to keep the team together. all lone players still train with jags as well as there loan team, so that if they are needed they know the systems.

2. Players are on better diet with club providing meals and shakes (if you watch when shuggie and Archie are subbed on sun you will see them getting the protein shakes).

3. Didn't want to let griffin go but wages meant had to, similar to a few of the others. Macbeth just wasn't cutting it and was tried in a few posn to try and help him but a mixture of attitude and abilities meant it didn't happen.

4. Players are playing for there posn example was welsh after the eye closure he called the pysio on fri to say it was open and he was desperate to play.

5. Jackie admitted that he didn't like the social media thing so stays away from it but has got the club to write up rules for the players which they must sign up to. Michelle (club sectary I think) is on all accounts and jumps on anything that may cause problems. Jackie also gave the Gary Speed and min silience as an example when people said he had pused the club to do it, which he denied , on that he has asked club to have something written down so that no one from the club would be missed in the future and thought that not having a mins silence for gary speed made the club look bad.

6. Uses 1 up front because CB dont like it as the have to watch for lawless and eriskine as well, clubs (hamilton and raith to name just two ) are worried about our left and right backs bombing forward so trying to block them off which is fine with him as gives more room for mid field to play in.

7. Players seem stronger mentaly at the moment but some still affected by crowd. on crowd he said that players like the noise coming from north stand and long may it continue so well done to the guys and girls.

Disclaimer, this is what i remember and may have been clouded by any beverages that i may have had , if i remember anything else or those that were there think i am talking pish please chip in

Edited by jaggybunnet

Cheers for that. Very interesting. I always find managers are a bit more outspoken at these nights than they would be with the press, for example. Did he pinpoint any of our players in particular that had impressed him this season?

he likes Aaron Muirhead who he say is ahead of conrad due to experiance with 80 odd first team games against conrads 37 odd.

he is also trying to train archie out of hoofing the ball up the pitch, he says archie has a good touch but through the years has just been told to hammer the ball out so thats what he did

he is also trying to train archie out of hoofing the ball up the pitch, he says archie has a good touch but through the years has just been told to hammer the ball out so thats what he did

Noticed this. McNamara has done an amazing job on Archie in what (to be realistic) are his twilight years. I even used the term ' Italian' to describe his performances recently, and I don't think unfairly. To be able to change the Arch to the confident passer of yore rather than the stolid defender of the Campbell and McCall years is testament to Archie's talent and flexibility/willingness to learn as well as McNamara's ability to coach.