Liverpool

The Mighty Quinn

Hillsborough was a tragic accident, it was horrific. God bless the dead, injured and whoever's lives have been blighted. But how can Liverpool take the moral high ground after Heysel? Hillsborough was an accident, lots of human error. But Heysel was pure badness, pre - meditated on their behalf. They killed 66 Juventus fans through their hooliganism. Good on Del Piero for saying he had an offer but wouldn't sign for Liverpool because of Heysel. Good to see there's still people out their with morals and dignity in football. What is the general consensus on this?

Hillsborough was a tragic accident, it was horrific. God bless the dead, injured and whoever's lives have been blighted. But how can Liverpool take the moral high ground after Heysel? Hillsborough was an accident, lots of human error. But Heysel was pure badness, pre - meditated on their behalf. They killed 66 Juventus fans through their hooliganism. Good on Del Piero for saying he had an offer but wouldn't sign for Liverpool because of Heysel. Good to see there's still people out their with morals and dignity in football. What is the general consensus on this?

Have you read the report out today, Hillsborough was one of the biggest cover ups in post war history, evidence and statements tampered, dead children alcohol tested, all to keep the south Yorkshire plod in the clear for an almighty screw up orchestrated by themselves. 41 people had a chance of survival if the police had acted correctly. Heysel was a different matter, stop your trolling and go back to reading the sun,the police messed up and broke the law covering up and this goes all the way to the top

What is the general consensus on this?

I feel sorry for the families who saw their husbands, kids and even wives go to that game only for them not to come back. The fact that it's taken 20+ years for the plod to hand over their Hillsborough documents is a scandal and they should be hauled through the courts.

That being said though I do agree with the OP that after Heysel my sympathy for Liverpool FC eroded as they ramped up their victim status - which includes not wanting to play on the Hillsborough date ... whereas conversely the Heysel date is OK. My brother (also a Jags fan) was in the Heysel that night and watched what he termed as "scouse animals" go to work in a stadium that was an unbridled sh*thole in the same style as the old pre-concreted Hampden terraces - which didn't help matters.

Today, though, is for the families getting their answers and perhaps kick-starting the final series of procedures that will hopefully allow them to put it behind them.

Have you read the report out today, Hillsborough was one of the biggest cover ups in post war history, evidence and statements tampered, dead children alcohol tested, all to keep the south Yorkshire plod in the clear for an almighty screw up orchestrated by themselves. 41 people had a chance of survival if the police had acted correctly. Heysel was a different matter, stop your trolling and go back to reading the sun,the police messed up and broke the law covering up and this goes all the way to the top

Just because i am of a different opinion to you, doesnt mean i'm trolling. I'm being deadly serious. You say it's different and it is. If i'm going to start lobbing bricks at people like the liverpool scum did, then i'm goin to have it in my head that i might possibly kill someone. They're scum. They can't talk about someone telling some lies when they've murdered people

Talking of the old crow, how many t-shirts did you buy at the TUC conference BlackpoolJags?

:D Alas, I don't get invited to the TUC as I'm not one of the great and the good; you need to be a proper bureaucrat to join the elite at that particular bash.

I am, however, in the process of getting a couple of anti-Maggon T shirts sent by mail order. They're the business. B)

Just because i am of a different opinion to you, doesnt mean i'm trolling. I'm being deadly serious. You say it's different and it is. If i'm going to start lobbing bricks at people like the liverpool scum did, then i'm goin to have it in my head that i might possibly kill someone. They're scum. They can't talk about someone telling some lies when they've murdered people

Seems a bit of a furious rant. Are you referring to all Liverpool supporters? Are the likes of you and me murderers because of other people from our country have killed thousands of innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan? (Condolences are always offered, of course.)

What a load of crap - As someone who was at the Heysel that night and originally in Section Z where the accident happened , to suggest the Italians were innocent is rubbish.

I was at the game with other Thistle fans that night and we were attacked outside the ground by Juventus fans and could have had a serious kicking if Liverpool fans had not intervened

We were were moved out of the Section just the tragedy occurred off as the Italians in the so called neutral section were attacking neutrals and Liverpool fans.

The Italian fans were no innocents , Both sets of fans where responsible hoever in my view the people to blame for the accident were the authorites , the Heysel was a pure dump with holes in the wall where people without tickets could get through. The fencing separating the fans was just chicken wire with no police there to segrate the crowd, Both sets of fans kept charging the one and other and shaking it until the fence collapsed

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a bit of a furious rant. Are you referring to all Liverpool supporters? Are the likes of you and me murderers because of other people from our country have killed thousands of innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan? (Condolences are always offered, of course.)

Seems the same every time you lot talk about Chelsea fans BNP/NAZIS/HOOLIGANS ECT **** me 2 days after Heysel Chelsea fans were getting blamed for it.

According to the news, Everton manager Moyes (future manager of Scotland national team) is for the stadium-sharing with Liverpool.

I agree with him. West Ham United and Leyton Orient should share the Olympic Stadium; Hearts and Hibernian should share a larger decent stadium in a very convenient place of Edinburgh.

According to the news, Everton manager Moyes (future manager of Scotland national team) is for the stadium-sharing with Liverpool.

I agree with him. West Ham United and Leyton Orient should share the Olympic Stadium; Hearts and Hibernian should share a larger decent stadium in a very convenient place of Edinburgh.

Nah your way wide of the mark here SackSack 00....they should ALL share Meadowbank...makes sense ye ken?