Train To Livingston

shut up mimsy

If you're getting the train to Livingston North then it's worth finding out where the train came from. The trains from Milngavie are pretty quick, only stopping a couple of times once they get out of Glasgow, but the ones from Helensburgh stop everywhere and can add a fair bit to the journey time. The buses are OK, and go past the stadium (look out for the floodlights or Lidl, the stadium is pretty much invisible from the road if you're not looking for it). Bit of a rip off though.

On that note, get back to Livingston North ASAP, because the trains back to Milngavie finish quite early, and from experience I can tell you that you meet all sorts on the Helensburgh train.

Finally, don't be temped to go to the big shopping centre. It's much further away than it looks on any map, and I got incredibly lost there last season after walking 30 minutes to find a place to eat.

Good luck!

After all the advice on here we've decided to just take the car to avoid any difficulties, cheers.

group of us getting a train to livi north, arriving at 1:20. can anyone recommend a decent boozer and a taxi firm? cheers in advance

We went to the Pentland I think it's called next to Morrisons which is just up from Livingston North. Wasn't brilliant but plenty of screens for the early kick off, had a pool table and did a decent pint.

I think there's a taxi rank at the Morrisons but not sure, I'd ask the bar staff.

We went to the Pentland I think it's called next to Morrisons which is just up from Livingston North. Wasn't brilliant but plenty of screens for the early kick off, had a pool table and did a decent pint.

I think there's a taxi rank at the Morrisons but not sure, I'd ask the bar staff.

Did they rebuild the Pentland? Last time I passed (Xmas I think, but not sure what year!), the area was levelled.

The Pentland Inn (formally The Copper Tun) burned down a few years ago. It's now been rebuilt as The Saltire.

Before you cross the road from the train station, there's Grand Central (behind the chippy) which has loads of TV screens, pool, American pool and snooker tables.

Always popped into the Tun for a few pre bus pints when I used to go the Livi bus. Didn't know it had burned down.

Walked it to Livid North after the game in plenty time....Got trapped in some sort of disabled ramp hell trying to get to the east bound platform and missed the 17.21 train by 20 seconds. But we're Partick Thistle and we'll score when we want!

It's a nice wee ground but wasted on their 800 or so 'support'.

Walked it to Livid North after the game in plenty time....Got trapped in some sort of disabled ramp hell trying to get to the east bound platform and missed the 17.21 train by 20 seconds. But we're Partick Thistle and we'll score when we want!

It's a nice wee ground but wasted on their 800 or so 'support'.

Agree there - When full it could be a great wee ground.

Also special mention for the stadium bar - IT WAS ABSOLUTE PISH!

One person serving after the game - went to change all the barrels, then the gas, and then proceeded to ignore everyone who had been waiting for 15 minutes for some guy who had just swanned in with a livi tie on.

Shocking - makes the aitken suite look like pub of the year.

Also special mention for the stadium bar - IT WAS ABSOLUTE PISH!

One person serving after the game - went to change all the barrels, then the gas, and then proceeded to ignore everyone who had been waiting for 15 minutes for some guy who had just swanned in with a livi tie on.

Shocking - makes the aitken suite look like pub of the year.

Was looking for a "just out" thread. I nearly always use that bar prior to the game simply on a where else is there basis. There's never been any rush to serve the punter as was with the pie stall yesterday. Did we bring our own catering staff with us? Oh and feckin' £2.20 for a pie! When were they last in the SPL?