Jags Groupon Offer?

topcat

My missus is always buying these Groupon coupons for meals and deals. Gets some good bargains

Could the Jags be the first to offer a deal for entry to a match that might attract a few more new bodies.

I know that Season tickets holders might not be to please but if it got a few new faces thru the door at a couple of games especially while we are playing such good football.

I know that Fawlty Towers is championing fundraising related to the same kind of internet offers but this would be the idea of the club actually making the offer themselves.

Already been suggested?

I think someone on here suggested doing this with hospitality last season after Celtic did it for hospitality for one of their midweek games which wouldn't be as popular and although I have no idea of how successful they were I thought it was a good idea. It reaches an audience who might never have considered going to Firhill who could make a day of it if hospitality was put on for a game which wasn't included in the premium season ticket offer.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

It's been well publicised recently that Groupon offer massively reduced price deals at the expense of the vendor. Unless folk buy the vouchers then don't use them, they probably wouldnt bring in any revenue.

Groupon take 50% and offer the vendor their share as an up front payment as a sweetener. Great for the consumer. Not so for gullible businesses...

Edited by brodieboy

It's been well publicised recently that Groupon offer massively reduced price deals at the expense of the vendor. Unless folk buy the vouchers then don't use them, they probably wouldnt bring in any revenue.

I suppose the thinking would be that if you can get people through the gate once you'll get them again, especially if they're lapsed fans. I guess it's an argument not without merit, but I suspect the audience of Groupon is a wee bit broad for such a promotion to break even. The free entry for under-16s is probably a more worthwhile venture in the long term.

Hospitality is outsourced? Are you sure?

I can believe it. At the end of season dinner at my local bowling club they just get a local restaurant in to do the food. I suspect it's like that but on a larger scale, because we can't really justify maintaining catering when it's only used once a fortnight.

Groupon take 50% and offer the vendor their share as an up front payment as a sweetener. Great for the consumer. Not so for gullible businesses...

I suppose the thinking would be that if you can get people through the gate once you'll get them again, especially if they're lapsed fans. I guess it's an argument not without merit, but I suspect the audience of Groupon is a wee bit broad for such a promotion to break even. The free entry for under-16s is probably a more worthwhile venture in the long term.

i think this is a great idea, as yes you do reduce price and take a profit hit - but the long term rewards can be amazing and I am a proof of it!

Age 10 i wasn't massively into football, if i said i had a team it would have been the now extinct rangers fc as basically all my class supported them, and to an extent wearing a rangers top was fashion in my class. But on one football course i went on i got a FREE ticket to see Partick Thistle, this idea of going to it would never have happened without it as i was brought up in a rugby family and no interest in the jags apart from completing there section in my pannini spl sticker album!

The game that was chosen was a game against Dundee Utd and this game was called off several times.... i honestly think it was 7 games it was called of but those of you who remember this could hopefully confirm the correct amount :)

But in the end i got to it, caught the bug went to the next game,and the next game! the next year I bought a season ticket and followed them forever since, and as much as i can in person when living in Glasgow.

If i never received this free ticket, who knows how things would have panned out, hopefully i would have seen the red and yellow light but this free ticket offer got me in, forever.

Edited by aberdeens jag

i think this is a great idea, as yes you do reduce price and take a profit hit - but the long term rewards can be amazing and I am a proof of it!

Age 10 i wasn't massively into football, if i said i had a team it would have been the now extinct rangers fc as basically all my class supported them, and to an extent wearing a rangers top was fashion in my class. But on one football course i went on i got a FREE ticket to see Partick Thistle, this idea of going to it would never have happened without it as i was brought up in a rugby family and no interest in the jags apart from completing there section in my pannini spl sticker album!

The game that was chosen was a game against Dundee Utd and this game was called off several times.... i honestly think it was 7 games it was called of but those of you who remember this could hopefully confirm the correct amount :)

But in the end i got to it, caught the bug went to the next game,and the next game! the next year I bought a season ticket and followed them forever since, and as much as i can in person when living in Glasgow.

If i never received this free ticket, who knows how things would have panned out, hopefully i would have seen the red and yellow light but this free ticket offer got me in, forever.

Good story.

As said above, I think companies that offer groupon deals look to get people who wouldn't normally come along in and turn them into regulars. Perhaps we should offer a group ticket or something like that. Come in a group of ten and it's a tenner each or something like that. That way these people are more likely to enjoy the experience as they as with a big group of mates, and could start a habit of coming as a group.

As said above, I think companies that offer groupon deals look to get people who wouldn't normally come along in and turn them into regulars. Perhaps we should offer a group ticket or something like that. Come in a group of ten and it's a tenner each or something like that. That way these people are more likely to enjoy the experience as they as with a big group of mates, and could start a habit of coming as a group.

Nice idea, but what's to stop 10 regular pay-at-the-gate fans banding together to get in cheaper? God knows, Jags fans are just as ready as anybody else to get away with paying as little as possible, even if it hurts their club financially.

Nice idea, but what's to stop 10 regular pay-at-the-gate fans banding together to get in cheaper? God knows, Jags fans are just as ready as anybody else to get away with paying as little as possible, even if it hurts their club financially.

That would be a difficulty. I can't see us doing anything like this anyway to be honest, but I am trying to think of ways to do it. Another possibility could be, running from AJ's story above, if an adult brings 2+ children, he/she gets £1 off of the ticket price for every child. Don't think this could be a groupon deal, but this would be a way of encouraging adults to take advantage of the kids go free scheme. I know many on here will argue against this, but I'm only brainstorming on the topic, not making suggestions as to what the club should do. We're always hearing about radical ticket pricing schemes that obscure English clubs attempt, usually successfully, and I think it would suit our image to be doing similar things.

If we could go for a radical scheme in a cup game with the agreement of the opposition club, it could be used to test an idea out. For example, if we draw Arbroath or Cowden in the Challenge Cup semi, we wouldn't expect a large crowd normally and season ticket holders won't feel that their purchase has become devalued.

That would be a difficulty. I can't see us doing anything like this anyway to be honest, but I am trying to think of ways to do it. Another possibility could be, running from AJ's story above, if an adult brings 2+ children, he/she gets £1 off of the ticket price for every child. Don't think this could be a groupon deal, but this would be a way of encouraging adults to take advantage of the kids go free scheme. I know many on here will argue against this, but I'm only brainstorming on the topic, not making suggestions as to what the club should do. We're always hearing about radical ticket pricing schemes that obscure English clubs attempt, usually successfully, and I think it would suit our image to be doing similar things.

They done this last year. Bring 2 kids, fill in a form and the adult got in for a tenner. Didn't like the idea at the time and still don't like it. Unless you do something similar for other PATG people. Get more people in the north stand - £10 for anyone going into the north stand and £10 for any adult bringing 2 kids (sitting in the JHS of course) - making is fairer for everyone. Pick a game which usually gets a lower crowd - Airdrie, Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath at home and it might just work to get more people to Firhill.

Groupon would work for Hospitality and would be a good way of getting people along to make a day of it who may come back as a normal patg customer. Might even work at christmas time as a wee present for jags fans ha!

Not sure it can be used for your PATG customers cos season ticket holders would be unhappy. I am a season ticket holder and would not care 2bh you don't buy a season ticket for value that is for sure!

Edited by little_miss_jag

Actually 1JL, I'm informed you are correct and it is outsourced these days.

If so then to whom?

You'd think a company with the hospitality franchise would be actively marketing that fact.

Outsourced or not it appears that the Club benefit from throughput given the amount of hospitality offers thru the season. Also getting e mails regularly about hospitality and taking up the premier season ticket offer etc.