Team For Tomorrow

Mr Bunny

Latest news on OS is that Craig's injury isn't as bad as first thought though he definitely won't play tomorrow and Doolan has recovered well enough to be considered for the squad tomorrow.

On the down side Welsh is out with an injury but at least we've got plenty of midfield cover. I'd guess the following is likely....

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Archibald Sinclair

Paton Murray Bannigan

Lawless Elliot Erskine

Subs: Smith (trialist); Balatoni; Craigen; Halsman; Doolan.

Obviously I think McNamara will continue his policy of keeping a player in the team who did well - also Doolan might not be up for 90 minutes yet but would be a great sub to bring on during the last third of a game when players are tiring a bit.

Not sure about Forbes' match fitness so have left him out of the squad

Edited by Mr Bunny

can't argue with that team.craigen scored for the reserved midweek so he might fancy giving him a shot in the middle? pity about welsh being unfit, he makes our midfield tick but putting bannigan in the middle is a good replacement. probably the ideal game for sinclair coming back in, knowing welshy will be straight back in the team he'll be trying like a bear to keep his place in the squad (i hope)

Latest news on OS is that Craig's injury isn't as bad as first thought though he definitely won't play tomorrow and Doolan has recovered well enough to be considered for the squad tomorrow.

On the down side Welsh is out with an injury but at least we've got plenty of midfield cover. I'd guess the following is likely....

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Archibald Sinclair

Paton Murray Bannigan

Lawless Elliot Erskine

Subs: Smith (trialist); Balatoni; Craigen; Halsman; Doolan.

Obviously I think McNamara will continue his policy of keeping a player in the team who did well - also Doolan might not be up for 90 minutes yet but would be a great sub to bring on during the last third of a game when players are tiring a bit.

Not sure about Forbes' match fitness so have left him out of the squad

By the sounds of the os Doolan is not 100% so as you say Elliot will start. Think Forbes will be ahead of Halsman on the bench.

Hope Elliot gets a goal tomorrow think that would really help him.

Edited by Alan Murray

Sinclair & Elliot to replace Welsh & Craig. Bannigan gets to play in his preferred position. Damage limitation minimal.

Even if fully fit, and he probably isn't anyway, I'd expect Doolan to not start. Paton could be extra important tomorrow. No sarcasm intended but his right foot could be required big time with Bannigan, Lawless, Erskine and Doolan, if/when he comes on, all left sided.

The last time Sinclair came on, Bannigan remained at left back and Sinclair played in front of him in midfield. (Erskine was playing more of a midfield role then, too, rather than alongside Lawless.)

It's great to see such flexibility in the team.

You need to have flexibility in a small squad. We have several players who can play in more than one position, e.g. Paton, Muirhead, O'Donnell and Bannigan. Sinclair, especially with his height, could play in Erskine's position if Chris was out. The manager tried Rowson in defence during the pre-season.

Saturday is going to be a tight game , Cowden are a reasonable side. It will be the kind of game that an early goal will kill , if its 0-0 at half time then 'squeaky bum time ' will start , Team in first post is my favourite , Sinclair hasn't had much football this season but personally i think the use of wing back in the game with be crucial.

Sinclair & Elliot to replace Welsh & Craig. Bannigan gets to play in his preferred position. Damage limitation minimal.

Even if fully fit, and he probably isn't anyway, I'd expect Doolan to not start. Paton could be extra important tomorrow. No sarcasm intended but his right foot could be required big time with Bannigan, Lawless, Erskine and Doolan, if/when he comes on, all left sided.

Erskine seems to me pretty good with his right foot, in fact is almost but not quite two-footed. Bannigan and Doolan can and will use their right foots if they have to (though tend not too as they are not quite so good on them). Lawless is completely one footed, though it's a brilliant one foot.

So it's not all that a problem. Though I wonder ... is it very unusual to have so many left-footers in a team (I stress I know nothing of their religion)?

Edited by Mr Bunny

Erskine seems to me pretty good with his right foot, in fact is almost but not quite two-footed. Bannigan and Doolan can and will use their right foots if they have to (though tend not too as they are not quite so good on them). Lawless is completely one footed, though it's a brilliant one foot.

So it's not all that a problem. Though I wonder ... is it very unusual to have so many left-footers in a team (I stress I know nothing of their religion)?

No way do I think it would be much of a problem just feel some good chips in from the right from Paton and O'Donnell could be useful with so many stronger on their left. Btw I think you do Lawless an injustice, fairly sure he scored with his right on Saturday.

Certainly Erskine has scored far more with his poorer foot this season so far. That's something he was far from confident with previously.

We did fine for over 80 minutes with the same team at Livingston. Also Craigen and Doolaninho could make an impact from the bench.

It's about the style of play, tactics and commitment of the whole squad. This will not be affected by the temporary loss of one or two players.

Forza Thistle.

We ate Partick Thistle,

We win when we want.