Just Out - Thistle Vs Cowdenbeath 22.09.12

sandy

You're joking right? The club give comps to folk?

This has got to stop! Are we the only club in Scotland that gives out comps? I can't believe for a minute that we would do such a thing!

Julie Ann, some folk would think that. As every week goes past, you have an ever increasing vendetta with the club, or people (directors) working there! I do hope that with such good football on the park and things getting better on a match day, that you'll eventually find at least one positive thing to post about!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why was there a club person handing out comps to people walking up the hill towards the jhs? singlehandedly took a handful of £17s out of the club's coffers from people planning to hand over their money.

I was in the Carpark yesterday so was Lance and Sandy - all onethistle volunteers were inside the Concourse registering kids for Season Tickets.Full Time PTFC staff were either in the Office ,at the tunnel ,in the JHS or the Ticket Booth.

You say a PTFC "Person" this can only be staff ,onethistle or someone from the playing side - are you sure ?

I was in the Carpark yesterday so was Lance and Sandy - all onethistle volunteers were inside the Concourse registering kids for Season Tickets.Full Time PTFC staff were either in the Office ,at the tunnel ,in the JHS or the Ticket Booth.

You say a PTFC "Person" this can only be staff ,onethistle or someone from the playing side - are you sure ?

female, dark hair, wearing a thistle tshirt. age? i'll be careful here but probably between 35 and 45.

You're joking right? The club give comps to folk?

This has got to stop! Are we the only club in Scotland that gives out comps? I can't believe for a minute that we would do such a thing!

Julie Ann, some folk would think that. As every week goes past, you have an ever increasing vendetta with the club, or people (directors) working there! I do hope that with such good football on the park and things getting better on a match day, that you'll eventually find at least one positive thing to post about!

a spectacular misreading of the point. why would you hand out comps to thistle fans who are walking up to the ground with money in their pockets ready to hand it over? no vendetta at all. i think the football is exceptional and the club website is the best its ever been. perhaps any comments made stand out because they don't pat everyone on the head like the majority of other posts no matter what?

female, dark hair, wearing a thistle tshirt. age? i'll be careful here but probably between 35 and 45.

Doesnt match description of any staff member or onethistle person who all have Viz Vests and dont get comps - pretty sure it wasnt a "Thistle Person" more likely to be someone who was issued comps with spares - I will look into it and ensure its not repeated - thanks for heads up.

Doesnt match description of any staff member or onethistle person who all have Viz Vests and dont get comps - pretty sure it wasnt a "Thistle Person" more likely to be someone who was issued comps with spares - I will look into it and ensure its not repeated - thanks for heads up.

Will you be looking into the piped music too?

Not sure if it's a onethistle issue or not. If it is, please do the right thing. It's becoming a royal pain in the proverbial. If anything, I think the volume had been turned up a notch yesterday.

I have seen this happen before, where I've been offered comps that people obviously have been given and aren't going to use for whatever reason. I didn't notice the woman yesterday, but heard two guys next to me on the way up talking about it. Commendably, their attitude was 'I'd rather give my money to the club', but I'm sure she'll have got rid of them. I don't know how you get round the problem, but I'd encourage anybody going to the game that was going to pay in, not to take them, or to take them and hand them in so that they can be identified.

Will you be looking into the piped music too?

Not sure if it's a onethistle issue or not. If it is, please do the right thing. It's becoming a royal pain in the proverbial. If anything, I think the volume had been turned up a notch yesterday.

Oh yes, we will look into this HW :)

I managed volunteers within stands yesterday Julie Ann. It was not someone volunteering for OneThistle, i can assure you. Like JJ already has.

If you see this practice again, ask the persons name and let us know?

Why are we issuing comps to the extent we 'allegedly' have someone giving them away?

Once upon a time I used to get offered comps from an ex-Jags player- which I took up on away games as had my ST- but understood they were pretty strict as to a max of 2 per player.

Maybe it's changed but I'm sure the club won't be best pleased reading this.

• Members

I didn't particulary mind the piped crowd noise yesterday and in fact, I thought it helped encourage more crowd noise round about where I sit. Maybe turn the speakers round towards the pitch and encourage the players more though! :)

The comps thing is something that's annoyed me for years. Folk that have low paid jobs or no jobs at all never get these breaks. It's always the ones that can afford to pay that get the freebies in these situations I find. Hope it can get sorted out. Because the Club has comps to give away, doesn't mean they have to be given away. Sounds to me like someone might have misunderstood their instructions!

SERIOUS POINT THAT WE CAN IMPROVE ON: took my two daughters to the game yesterday - can we please do something about the toilet cubicles in the Jackie Husband stand? This area is where we have designated as the family zone but the toilets are horrendous for young girls. i have to take my girls to the gents and use the cubicles the toilets at the north end of the stand were either non functioning or splattered with s*** . The family section has been very busy this year - and that's great but we need to make this a better experience

Daxington Preamble, we need tomget this sorted; unacceptable. So that's going into my matchday experience report as an action.

Willjag, I was not aware of the Comps issue until Greig/Colin gave me more background on Twitter last night. Again, this will be tackled.

Cheers, Sandy

1st time i have been at Firhill for over a year.....big difference atmosphere wise i was in the JHS as had my wee boy with me.

Thought the piping of the North Stand singing into the JHS was fine.The music getting played when we score should stop immediately!

Didn't spot and bird sh it covered seats :thumbsup2:

Oh and why is there a door missing from the cludgie cubicle in the city end toliets?

All in all no real complaints..a good 3 points and will be back asap :happy2:

Willjag, I was not aware of the Comps issue until Greig/Colin gave me more background on Twitter last night. Again, this will be tackled.

Cheers, Sandy

I tweeted "There's a stooshie about comps on the forum". I'd hardly class that as giving more background. And since I wasn't there, all I suggested was that you listen to the people who were and see how they feel about it. Which you told me you do. So that's great.

1st time i have been at Firhill for over a year.....big difference atmosphere wise i was in the JHS as had my wee boy with me.

Thought the piping of the North Stand singing into the JHS was fine.The music getting played when we score should stop immediately!

Didn't spot and bird sh it covered seats :thumbsup2:

Oh and why is there a door missing from the cludgie cubicle in the city end toliets?

All in all no real complaints..a good 3 points and will be back asap :happy2:

That cubicle was a hive of cottaging activity until the door was removed...about a year ago. :evil: