Pttv: Raith Rovers Highlights

fritzy

Hard to tell who was at fault at the foul for what could have been Mensing's second yellow. Mensing had his leg out and it appears Erskine may have tripped over it, however I think their number 7 kicked Erskine and was rightfully booked.

You mean that it might have been some sort of accident????

Didn't look like mensing committed that foul to me...unfortunately.

Fox kept us in it at 1-0, two great saves. We played some good stuff again and going by the highlights we were worthy of all 3 points rather than being lucky to escape with 1.

No, sorry for the ambiguity, I meant it looks like Mensing leaves his leg out to trip Erskine, however to me it seems the number 7 takes Erskine out first which takes him over Mensing's leg.

Not sure who is who, but it seemed clear that the bald No 4 committed the foul. Much worse was the blatent trip on O'Donnell ( think) running into the box. It was just outside so it isn't even a case of bottling a penalty. It might have been the guy that was incorrectly booked earlier, so perhaps he's bottled out of a sending off. Either way, absolutely shocking standard of refereeing. It's a difficult enough job, but when you start ignoring obvious decisions to avoid difficult situations it really is time to chuck it. Christ, imagine what this guy would be like at Ibrox or Parkhead.

Not sure who is who, but it seemed clear that the bald No 4 committed the foul. Much worse was the blatent trip on O'Donnell ( think) running into the box. It was just outside so it isn't even a case of bottling a penalty. It might have been the guy that was incorrectly booked earlier, so perhaps he's bottled out of a sending off. Either way, absolutely shocking standard of refereeing. It's a difficult enough job, but when you start ignoring obvious decisions to avoid difficult situations it really is time to chuck it. Christ, imagine what this guy would be like at Ibrox or Parkhead.

Not wanting to come over as sour grapes but Mensing more than deserved his initial booking. I remember at the time saying that's a bonus coming so early in the match as he'll struggle from then on. Raith on balance may well have deserved a point but Mensing should've been off. Raith fans, players and Grant Murray have all had a go at Clancy but completely overlooked the fact they should've been playing with ten men for most of the game.

As for refs the one on Saturday was by no means a stand out in the incompetency stakes. We've had Collum & Thomson in the immediate previous two weeks and tho' they're supposed to be top referees they both mucked up enough as well.