Prices For Falkirk Game

Gordie

£18.00 for adults

£6.00 for kids

£12.00 others

my point is, there is a family section, where adult and child is £18.00, and £13.00 for addtl adults.

is there a family section in the away end? prob not.

we charge £17.00 and nothing for visiting fans.

Thistle fans short changed again.

£18.00 for adults

£6.00 for kids

£12.00 others

my point is, there is a family section, where adult and child is £18.00, and £13.00 for addtl adults.

Actually it's £8 for under 16s.

So a Jags fan taking a couple of kids will be charged £34 whereas a Falkirk fan with two kids will pay exactly half at Firhill.

£17 last season and £7 for kids. A £1 increase isn't too bad. Dundee were going to charge £20 if they hadn't gone up.

In fact they were proclaiming how great it was that they went up and kept the prices the same as they were going to be in div 1. Sounds good at first, then you see they were going to charge £20 in div 1 as you say.

Wrong. A call to Falkirk confirms away fans aren't welcome in the family section.

It's a valid concern. One that doesn't deserve one of your increasingly frequent antagonistic responses.

I didn't mention anything about calling them, just what it said on the website.

How exactly is it a valid concern? Different clubs have different pricing schemes, if you can't afford it, don't go.

I didn't mention anything about calling them, just what it said on the website.

How exactly is it a valid concern? Different clubs have different pricing schemes, if you can't afford it, don't go.

I think it's a valid concern.

If it's a family section then supporters of both teams should be welcome or alternatively they should make sure arrangements made that away fans with children aren't charged more.

Surely with Scottish Football dying on its @rse all clubs should be looking at encouraging and welcoming young fans of all clubs?

• Like 1

I think it's a valid concern.

If it's a family section then supporters of both teams should be welcome or alternatively they should make sure arrangements made that away fans with children aren't charged more.

Surely with Scottish Football dying on its @rse all clubs should be looking at encouraging and welcoming young fans of all clubs?

Why is it different because you have children?

Adults regularly get fleeced upwards of £17 for first division football. Yet nobody cares about them. These mid-20s people, who choose not to have kids until they are older, are also the "long term future" of the game. They have at least 30 years left in them.

Seem's to me that parent's are spoiled at Firhill, and expect the same treatment everywhere.

Why is it different because you have children?

Adults regularly get fleeced upwards of £17 for first division football. Yet nobody cares about them. These mid-20s people, who choose not to have kids until they are older, are also the "long term future" of the game. They have at least 30 years left in them.

Seem's to me that parent's are spoiled at Firhill, and expect the same treatment everywhere.

For the record, no I don't have children.

However it seems you have either decided to ignore my point or go off on your own agenda.

Judging by previous posts I reckon you have your own agenda.

Are you siegesiege in disguise?

Shocking! Will not be having a family away day now...£52 + expenses for me the mrs and our 2 kids :o

Before people start saying stupid things about fans with kids being spoiled, I expect to have to pay some sort of entry fee for the kids but £8 for a 7 year old is ripping the piss. Livi, parent and child £20...even Dunfermline was cheaper if I remember correctly.

Factor is the point that Falkirk actually have a parent and child gate for home fans only and it's unfair to say the least. Now factor in the valid point that we allow under 16s in free (for home AND away fans) then the use of the word shocking is justified.

Tit for tat perhaps but maybe it's about time Thistle started charging under 16 away fans to get in...which would also save the club from being fleeced by the chancer away fans who get away with goin in the u16 gate even tho they're well over that age.

Tit for tat perhaps but maybe it's about time Thistle started charging under 16 away fans to get in...which would also save the club from being fleeced by the chancer away fans who get away with goin in the u16 gate even tho they're well over that age.

This. we have let their kids in for so long but we have had to dig deep at away games. time to change policy and charge away fans for their children. we have concession books for ours so if you can not produce the book produce the cash.

We can't take part in a race to the bottom. We set our prices and as part of that U16s go free - it's not to everyones liking, but i think we should be commended for leading the way rather than trying to find ways in that we can follow others.

As stated above Livy have a decent adult and child price, as do Raith, Cowdenbeath and Morton, yet the price varies between them all. Charging away fans similar prices to what we are charged in their stadia? Who's lead do you follow? Falkirk's? Fcuk that.

While I agree that fans attending the same game on the same day in the same stadium should be subject to the same pricing, it should stop there, and none of this 'we should subject them to the same when they come to Firhill'. We are better than that. Wearethistle!

I thought that pricing had to be the same for home and away fans. Did Clyde not get into trouble some time ago for charging Thistle fans more than their own fans?

I think tha the under16 go free at Firhill for away fans probably helps to get some extra paying customers in as well.

To avoid over 16s getting in the wrong gate, would it not be easy to ask for some I'd when they buy he ticket?

To avoid over 16s getting in the wrong gate, would it not be easy to ask for some I'd when they buy he ticket?

What ID would an u16 be carrying about with them? If someone claims to be under 16 it's difficult for the club to prove otherwise and rather than have a big argument about it I imagine most just accept that it happens with most groups of away fans and take some money rather than none (I appreciate that's not the case for us since u16s go free but turnstile operators probably don't care enough to challenge anyone).

I have yet to pay adult price this season from chancing it at away games.

£18.00 for adults

£6.00 for kids

£12.00 others

For those who thought this was about kids, please note that an additional adult gets in for £13.

We can't take part in a race to the bottom. We set our prices and as part of that U16s go free - it's not to everyones liking, but i think we should be commended for leading the way rather than trying to find ways in that we can follow others.

As stated above Livy have a decent adult and child price, as do Raith, Cowdenbeath and Morton, yet the price varies between them all. Charging away fans similar prices to what we are charged in their stadia? Who's lead do you follow? Falkirk's? Fcuk that.

While I agree that fans attending the same game on the same day in the same stadium should be subject to the same pricing, it should stop there, and none of this 'we should subject them to the same when they come to Firhill'. We are better than that. Wearethistle!

Post of the thread.

If people can't afford to go, then don't go. Don't bitch and whine about it.

You're the beneficiaries of a very generous offer from Thistle, think of fans with kids who support other teams, they don't have any of that.

Where on my post did I say I couldn't afford it? If you are going to quote me, read my posts first, it was an observation.

How exactly are we being short-changed? Be specific.

If you have kids going with you, go to the family section. Don't wear visible colours if you're worried about being knocked back.