Strip Update

Premjag

Forgive me if this is widely known, but here's the latest situation with the home strip:

General Manager Ian Maxwell said: “Due to circumstances outwith our control, the production slot for the home kit was missed and had to be rescheduled.

"Unfortunately, that means we have had to wait on a suitable gap in the manufacturers schedule to get it printed and shipped to us.

“Our good start to the season has supporters thinking superstition is the reason for continued wearing of the away kit however it is simply down to the fact that as of yet we don’t have one.

“Everything possible is being done to get the home kit here as quickly as possible and we are hopeful the players will be wearing it soon.”

So were the strips not ordered on time then? Who's responsible for that? There aren't exactly hoards of people working at the club these days so I'm sure it would be easy to find out...

Seems to me Puma changed the slot, rather than someone at PTFC to blame...

I worked for adidas here in NL for couple of years and if procedure with Puma is similar then I am not surprised by delay.

What basically happens is that kit design is agreed with a club usually about 10 months to a year in advance of a new season starting. The strips are then shown to prospective buyers eg shops etc at meetings so that numbers are gauged for production purposes, financial budgets etc. Round about October / November adidas, Puma etc will have prepared budgets for following year including number of strips to be produced etc for each club. Schedules are then agreed with manufacturers in Far East with little room for disruption. As in all businesses profit is king so any disruption to manufacturing schedules will reduce profit.

In the case of Thistle with the changes to the sponsors earlier in the year then this would have caused disruption to the Puma manufacturing schedules set months in advance. And being honest as we are not a big name customer for Puma then getting new strips for the Jags would not be regarded as a high priority unfortunately.

Looking at the strips that we have had from Puma over the last few years it is obvious that we are getting bespoke strips ie kits specifically designed for our club, and not just a strip straight from a catalogue where all they do is iron the club badge and sponsors logo on. No other club will have the design we have for our current away top so therefore its unique to us. Having bespoke kits is great in one way as you have unique design but as has been seen with lack of current home top for players to wear it has its downside when instances happen like change of sponsors is agreed outwith agreed manufacturing schedules.

Can only hope now that kits being manufactured somewhere and be with us soon.

I worked for adidas here in NL for couple of years and if procedure with Puma is similar then I am not surprised by delay.

What basically happens is that kit design is agreed with a club usually about 10 months to a year in advance of a new season starting. The strips are then shown to prospective buyers eg shops etc at meetings so that numbers are gauged for production purposes, financial budgets etc. Round about October / November adidas, Puma etc will have prepared budgets for following year including number of strips to be produced etc for each club. Schedules are then agreed with manufacturers in Far East with little room for disruption. As in all businesses profit is king so any disruption to manufacturing schedules will reduce profit.

In the case of Thistle with the changes to the sponsors earlier in the year then this would have caused disruption to the Puma manufacturing schedules set months in advance. And being honest as we are not a big name customer for Puma then getting new strips for the Jags would not be regarded as a high priority unfortunately.

Looking at the strips that we have had from Puma over the last few years it is obvious that we are getting bespoke strips ie kits specifically designed for our club, and not just a strip straight from a catalogue where all they do is iron the club badge and sponsors logo on. No other club will have the design we have for our current away top so therefore its unique to us. Having bespoke kits is great in one way as you have unique design but as has been seen with lack of current home top for players to wear it has its downside when instances happen like change of sponsors is agreed outwith agreed manufacturing schedules.

Can only hope now that kits being manufactured somewhere and be with us soon.

As far as i'm aware the sponsor is ironed on when the kits arrive at greaves.

Lad i know was offered the Blue/|Purple top a few weeks ago, with or without sponsor, in the shop...

As far as i'm aware the sponsor is ironed on when the kits arrive at greaves.

Lad i know was offered the Blue/|Purple top a few weeks ago, with or without sponsor, in the shop...

I'm sure the sponsor was in the fabric with that top originally, but the Just Employment logo got ironed on top.

I got this bad boy in Sports Direct today:

togo-home-shirt-2012-13.jpg

Home strip sponsor is built into fabric .

Away blurple is ironed on .

Don't know why the just employment logo couldn't have been taken off the home strip to reveal the macb underneath . Maybe the removal process would ruin the strip

New MacBee logo was meant to be slightly different following their administration.

My request for strips:

Sublimation print (washing machine and drying machine are OK)

Player number on the front (below the logo) -- number on the shorts is hard to see

Better supplier than Puma (I do not know the content of the contract with Puma, but there are many other good suppliers. For example, Asics is my hometown company. Or how about Rugby companies like Kukri and Samurai? They may welcome the chance of widening their business into Association Football.)

My request for strips:

Sublimation print (washing machine and drying machine are OK)

Player number on the front (below the logo) -- number on the shorts is hard to see

Better supplier than Puma (I do not know the content of the contract with Puma, but there are many other good suppliers. For example, Asics is my hometown company. Or how about Rugby companies like Kukri and Samurai? They may welcome the chance of widening their business into Association Football.)

Do you ever read what you write before you post it?

I expect us to pay in red and yellow tomorrow as the club should have its home strips too - especially as Greaves will want to sell as many as possible in the run up to Christmas.

If it's the same strip as last season there surely can't be too many folk who want one that haven't already got it.