Partick Thistle V Cove Rangers

jagfox

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a home game. The Shed will always be open, until we get to the SPL and the board decide to cash in on away attendances.

That's plenty now son. -->

The shed isn't going anywhere. It's a long term project and won't be coming to an end after one season, whether we get promoted or not.

So away and fish somewhere else.

That's plenty now son. -->

The shed isn't going anywhere. It's a long term project and won't be coming to an end after one season, whether we get promoted or not.

So away and fish somewhere else.

So you're saying that for every SPL game we play next year, the shed will be in existence? I doubt it.

The police, surely, wouldn't allow Celtic fans to have a section of the JHS and the main stand as their allocation. There is nothing to segregate the nutjobs(on both sides) who want a rammy. Add into the fact that other clubs will bring big allocations then i can't see the board allowing the shed to stay there for the full season, if it doesn't get a bit busier.

We're not in a position to turn away money.

So you're saying that for every SPL game we play next year, the shed will be in existence? I doubt it.

The police, surely, wouldn't allow Celtic fans to have a section of the JHS and the main stand as their allocation. There is nothing to segregate the nutjobs(on both sides) who want a rammy. Add into the fact that other clubs will bring big allocations then i can't see the board allowing the shed to stay there for the full season, if it doesn't get a bit busier.

We're not in a position to turn away money.

Or we could just put them in the Main Stand.

Segregation can't be the issue. That would be saying that only Celtic fans cause trouble. Every club has its "nut jobs" as GSUS puts it - probably even Cove Rangers

I am also not sure, if they need more than a few thousand. When was the last time you saw a full ground the last time Celtic played away ?

Lets not jinx ourselves - we are not in the SPL yet ?

From the managers's comments in the match preview

"When we played Queen’s Park in the Ramsdens Cup we made a number of changes, but I don’t see us doing the same tomorrow. I want those players currently in possession of a first team jersey out on the park trying to make sure that they keep their place in the side for next week’s big game with Dunfermline Athletic.”

“Paul Slane won’t be involved but Ross County have given us clearance for Steven Craig to play. Stuart Bannigan will obviously not play following his injury last week, and Ryan Scully picked up a concussion during Tuesday night’s reserve game with Stenhousemuir. I’ll speak with the doctor and physio before we make a final decision on Ryan, but if he isn’t fit then James Wightman will sit on the bench tomorrow.”

Those comments suggest that that the team will be similar to last week's

Fox

O'Donnell

Muirhead

Balatoni

Sinclair

Paton

Welsh

Forbes

Lawless

Erskine

Craig

Subs

Scully/Wightman

Archibald

Murray

Elliott

Doolan

As stated earlier, I would pick Doolan ahead of Craig and, possibly, Murray instead of Forbes.

If Ross County are allowing Craig to be cup tied then thay are definitely punting him. Will suit us!! :happy2:

Partick Thistle

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Sinclair, Paul Paton, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Steve Lawless, Kris Doolan, Steven Craig, Ross Forbes, Chris Erskine.

Subs:
Ryan Scully, Christie Elliott, Paul Slane, Alan Archibald, David Rowson.

An attacking line-up with Lawless, Erskine, Doolan and Craig! Is Lawless playing in Welsh's position?

Slane is on the bench so Celtic, contrary to the manager's comments in the preview, are allowing him to be cup-tied.

Edited by kni