Is There No Humour Left In Football?

ClydebankJag

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-20312355

Hibernian sack stadium announcer for 'breach of conduct'

_64109370_hibs_united.jpg Hibs won the match at Easter Road by two goals to one

Hibernian have confirmed they have sacked their stadium announcer "following a breach of conduct".

Reports suggest the dismissal relates to an incident at the club's Easter Road ground during Sunday's match against Dundee United.

The Beatles song 'Taxman' was played near the end of the half-time interval.

Hibs' Edinburgh rivals Hearts have been served with a winding-up order over unpaid PAYE and VAT and are also contesting a separate £1.75m tax bill.

And Hearts have asked their fans to invest in a share issue and buy up tickets for upcoming matches to help preserve the club's immediate future.

A spokesman for Hibs said: "The stadium announcer's contract has been terminated following a breach of conduct."

Like most of the ills within Scottish football, the blame for this kind of decision lies firmly at the door of the permanently offended old firm hordes.

Wouldn't have been an issue until a few years ago when the fans of the gruesome twosome started complaining to MPs, MSPs, MEPs, FIFA, UEFA, MFI etc. about anything and everything.

If the guy was sacked solely for playing that particular song then it is an absolutely ridiculous decision and if I were him I would be seeking legal advice pronto. I can almost understand it if it had been Hearts they were playing but on the surface it looks like someone at Hibs has just had a massive sense of humour failure.

It's the PC world we live in these days unfortunately. A policeman was disciplined after the Hibs v Hearts game earlier in the season for signalling 5-1 to the Hearts fans at Easter Road. The Hibs fans didn't even see it. The complaint only game after a Hearts fan posted a picture on Twitter. Pathetic. I don't understand how fans who hurl abuse at players for most of the game are then mortally offended by someone taking the piss out of them.

It's the same with all this "controversy" over Skacel picking 51 as his shirt number at Dundee Utd. Seriously, who cares. It's quite funny.

Like most of the ills within Scottish football, the blame for this kind of decision lies firmly at the door of the permanently offended old firm hordes.

Nah sorry I don't buy into that. Hibs as a club should be strong enough to stand independent from outside pressures and make their own decisions on where the line is crossed. The shame in this decision lies entirely with Hibernian football club.

Your statement is a bit like saying we can't mention Christmas because it would offend Muslims when the reality is that it's some fool being PC and projecting what they would be offended about were they not Christian.