Just In

GrantB

First booking was for dissent. Argued that Sinclair shouldn't have been penalised for a foul given for high feet (he had a point as the Livi guy bent down to header the ball)

Second booking was for a late and unneccessary tackle on the touchline just seconds after he had hit the bar for us.

Final Score reported that the red was for violent conduct, rather than a second bookable offence. Our players need to learn not to get frustrated when things aren't going as well as they were earlier in the season.

In all the commotion, I couldn't see whether it was a 2nd yellow or a straight red.

I think Jackie got his subs all wrong, should've had Welsh & Forbes off instead of Doolan and Craig. I'd have put Murray on to tighten things up.

• Like 1

Did you see what each of his cards where for ? They were obviously rapid cards !

Where they as Grant B ?

Yes. Grant B is correct. 1st one was for mouthing off (an offence which also earned Paton a booking) and the second for a rash tackle which was inside Livi's half.

Welsh should be fined. Booked for complaining then 5 mins later booked for a needless late tackle. All when we've been struggling with discipline? Criminal.

On the plus side, probably a good point. Livvy are a good side and I'd have taken 2-2 if you'd asked me before hand. They'll take points off the others.

Great to see a much improved performance today. Archie was absolutely immense as was Sinclair. Craig scores goals but he also misses aplenty. He could have won the game at least twice in that second half.

Still believe we'll win the league but it will be very very tight probably right up to May 4th.

• Like 1

I think Jackie got his subs all wrong, should've had Welsh & Forbes off instead of Doolan and Craig. I'd have put Murray on to tighten things up.

Agree about the substitutions. The timing was all wrong as well. To me, welsh did not look fully fit and should have been off before his first yellow. Thought Forbes was very in and out for most of the game and should have been off earlier too. I don't like the shape of our midfield without erskine and lawless. Far too deep and livi were cutting though with ease.

I'm all for us drawing teams up the park but some of the passing along the back line in recent weeks has been very dodgy. Almost caught out a few times again today.

It's a decent point notwithstanding the annoyance of how the result came about. Livi will cause the other two problems as well. Hopefully o'donnell is back sooner rather than later.

By my mate's reckoning that's us had 7 red cards already this season. Not good enough.

Very likely that the club will incur a substantial fine from SFA for lack of discipline? In 60 years of watching the Jags I can never recall a season like this ( and we're barely half way through) for indiscipline. Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot game ater game! Something is seriously wrong and the buck must stop with the manager.

Draw was probably a fair result altho i would say our chances were far more clear cut than theirs. Sean Welsh stupidly booked for arguing with ref and then making a challenge from behind when he didnt need too. Feels ike a defeat losing a goal with the last kick of the game.

Forgot to say earlier best of luck to Smith hope he gets fixed up. Couple of decent saves again today

Edited by Jaggyman

same old thistle, missed 2 easy chances in the second half to kill the game off, craig just had to roll the ball across goal for a doolan tap in but insteads fires in a cross way over doolans head, then forbes laid craig off and the keeper saved.then the corner at the end cleared off the line then the rebound off the bar. then typical Thistle we get a man sent off and lose a goal, I don't think we'll be winning the league this season, we cant seem to grind out these wins away from home, last week we fcuked up and this week aswell. archie, sinclair and bannigan played well. welsh didnt look fit, the midfield were sitting so deep just inviting livvy on all day. the ref was abysmal aswell, every wee niggly tackle and 50/50 it was always going to Livvy, he gave us nothing all day which just compounds the misery. nightmare, totally sickened with that today

My view for what it's worth:

Welsh booked first up for dissent but was closest to the ref in a decision that even the bench thought was wrong.

2nd yellow he'd busted a gut to get up park & furthest man forward in support of counter attack. Which then led to them kicking off line then Welsh hitting bar.

Not wanting to sound like I'm defending him but his legs gone when the boy went by him & was deserved 2nd yellow.

However! Remember this is only his second start in around 12 weeks. In fact, second start in 4 days after being out that length of time. He'd also put in a right good 'shift'!

Contrast that to the efforts of Ross Forbes.

The other thing re discipline. Aside from Paton's at Hamilton. When he we seen a bad challenge this season?

• Like 1

We shaded it 1st half. Thought we were rotten in the 2nd half. No composure, indisciplined (again), slow, no creativity. Would say our passing was slack but you can't really call hoofing the baw up the park as hard as you can passing.

Also... Can we have Fox back between the sticks next week please!? Controversial but I think Buzz should have saved Livi's 1st.

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I see the usual Thistle loyal are getting rammed directly up Sean Welsh's arse on twitter.

Usual comments - oh don't worry Sean.

The guy is a tool. Can't even remember getting booked 5 minutes beforehand, even though he had managed to sprint 15 yards to get it.

• Like 2

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Yes lets fine a guy for making a mistake. Lets fine a guy who probably isn't earning very much already.

Discipline needs to be sorted but to fine players who wont be earning loads is just ridiculous.

Yeh, let's not fine him. Lets not stamp out the problem. Lets not tell others that the constant lack of discipline is not ok. I don't care how much he earns, he is sitting in a privileged position playing for out football club. This week he will train for a few hours and miss the game. Should be get paid? For me, absolutely not.