Just In

GrantB

Agree with the above, deserved point for livi but frustrating not to manage to crawl over the line with a win. Big critic of smith but today, apart from one dodgy parry, he was superb. Archie was also excellent and totally committed. If only ross forbes showed half of Archie's effort, lazy, tackle shy and waiting for players to foul him rather than make a pass. Can be a real asset and no doubt has quality but the team carried him today.

Also agree jackie was far to late with the subs, after 55 mins the game needed changed and forbes and welsh should have been off. Doolan worked hard all game and should never have been subbed.

Could see their equaliser coming a mile off but first time I've been to livi and not lost. Oh and boo to the ref, mcguigans foul near the end was a joke, forget its not a contact sport theses days.contact equals foul right mr bale??

Would have taken a point before the game today but after our dominance in the first half and the failure to put to bed an average Livingston side, that one has to go down as two dropped.

With Morton also dropping what some would say unexpected points, this was a perfect chance to get back to winning ways on the road and get back to the top. Wasn't a bad performance but we seem to lack that ability and composure to see out a game, slow the pace down when required and take the sting out of the game.

Agree with a previous poster that Murray coming on with 15 to play would maybe have taken the sting out of Livi and for me Craig was dissapointing, his goal aside.

Things don't get any easier either with another tough tough game next week against a rejuvinated Dumbarton side. Suppose we all have to remember the two games in hand and not hit the panic button but as the old argument goes we would all rather have the points.

Regarding the disciplinary record, it certainly is a worrying sign, my mate turned to me near the end and spoke of his concern at the number of silly, niggly fouls that need to be stamped out.

In fairness, I think he genuinely made a mistake. I say that because in the heat of the moment it's quite easy to forget about what's happened, even if it happened a few minutes ago. Let's give the guy a break -- by my recollection this is his first sending off for us.

As for those calling for him to be fined, I think a fine should be an absolute last resort to deal with a player who simply isn't getting the message, not for a first offence, especially at this level. If it was Paul Paton, who always looks to be in danger of talking his way into a booking or worse, then yes, but not here.

Anyway, I wasn't at the match, but from what I've heard a draw was fair, even if the nature of it was a kicker for us. Considering we have important players either missing or struggling, I don't think we can be too upset with that, especially since most of us would have taken a draw going into this one.

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I wasn't at the game, but I don't think you can blame losing the goal on the sending off. There was only 3 minutes to go!

They scored in an injury time which was extended by the sending off. It wasn't the only factor but it added to our backs to the wall job.

Welsh can go straight to the bench when he comes back from suspension. Forbes walked straight back into the team after a reckless and costly red card vs Morton. What does Murray need to do to get back into the first XI?

I don't buy Welsh's tweet that he forgot he was on a booking. How on earth an you forget running 20 yards over to the ref, shout in his face, when you had nothing to do with the foul in question and get booked for dissent. He should have been the first player substituted, he was pretty much a passenger throughout the game.

I'm sick of these red cards, it's costing us points and at the end of the day it could cost us dearly come May. McNamara needs to sort the discipline out now.

Dumbarton next week is a must win game. No excuses.

Edited by northernsoul
  • Like 1

Welsh Tweeted "@welshdogg4: Big apology to all the lads & fans 2day.. Was an honest mistake! Forgot a had been booked and thot a was making a good foul #gutted"

Not good enough. Absolutely ridiculous challenge to make when already on a booking. Hard to believe that he forgot.

Should have been the first player subbed as he was obviously struggling and hadn't played well.

Our decision making in the final third is costing us big time.

Craig and Forbes had plenty of chances but wrong decision each time.

Big Smith had some good saves but did wonder at the time whether he could have done better with the 1st.

Archie and Sinclair best players for me and thought Doolan did well, wrong decision to sub him off.

Wasnt there. A gutwrencher of a result, where in normal cirucmstances would be happy with a point.

But, this red card for Welsh! Maybe I am missing something here, but how can a player FORGET he was on a yellow card, and comment that he thought he was committing a GOOD foul!!

This beggars belief, and makes me wonder what goes through the heads of some footballers.

The added minutes etc, couldnt have helped, and by all accounts we were under the cosh, hanging on and for a player to be red carded in those circumstances just lets your team mates and fans down.

Disappointing!!

Can't believe the stick Forbes is getting. Some great touches and passing and always looking for the ball. Seems some people just won't give him any praise. The whole team sat back and let livi have far too mu h if the ball in the second half so why single him out. He was missed last week.

The only player who was carried today was Welsh; a right good shift????

One run in the second half, hit the bar and that's it. Cost us the game. Two stupid bookings and I'm struggling to think of anything he did today that helped. He's as effective as Forbes at tackling and pressing. Same as last week- he's clearly not fit and should have been hooked at half time.

Starting to think this team don't have the bottle for it. 2 points from the last 9, pretty poor in 180 minutes from 270 (2nd half v Morton, airdrie game and 2nd half today).

And if it is a false dawn again, it will be all the more painful for some of the great performances and results in the first half of the season. Afraid jackie needs to take his share of blame for the subs and Craig for the one he missed, but welsh carries most of the can.

Raging

A real boot in the baws losing the goal so late but a point was all we deserved after a good first half and an awful second.Bit worried teams have us sussed out and can easily hassle us out of our passing game.Thought we lost it in midfield today.Our passing in the second half was schoolboy standard

Can we not just get Fox back in goals and Muirhead back in the middle? Arch and Balatoni both played well individually but when Muirhead is in there we look far more solid and Fox is quite simply a far better keeper than Smith.If he's fit he should start.

We had plenty of chances to win that game . Erskine played a killer ball through that gave us two chances to score. and as others have said the substitutions were poor also.

Oh and I thought Livi going forward were superb at times. Can't believe how easily they were able to turn their men and create space.

They deserved their point, but if we want to win this league we need a big improvement in consistency and grinding results out.

Can't believe the stick Forbes is getting. Some great touches and passing and always looking for the ball. Seems some people just won't give him any praise. The whole team sat back and let livi have far too mu h if the ball in the second half so why single him out. He was missed last week.

The only player who was carried today was Welsh; a right good shift????

One run in the second half, hit the bar and that's it. Cost us the game. Two stupid bookings and I'm struggling to think of anything he did today that helped. He's as effective as Forbes at tackling and pressing. Same as last week- he's clearly not fit and should have been hooked at half time.

Starting to think this team don't have the bottle for it. 2 points from the last 9, pretty poor in 180 minutes from 270 (2nd half v Morton, airdrie game and 2nd half today).

And if it is a false dawn again, it will be all the more painful for some of the great performances and results in the first half of the season. Afraid jackie needs to take his share of blame for the subs and Craig for the one he missed, but welsh carries most of the can.

Raging

I agree welsh was very poor and the forbes has undoubted ability but I'm sick of forbes putting in half assed challenges and not tracking back. Also constantly lost the ball today in the first half and also passed the buck to Craig when he should have shot. Less of the big time Charlie style of play please and more effort with the quality he provides at times.

Just can't believe we conceded a goal so late on especially with Morton drawing I just hoe this result doesn't come back to haunt us on the substitutions it might not please us with some of Jackies decisions but after all him and Sid have got us to where we are Keep Believing

I agree welsh was very poor and the forbes has undoubted ability but I'm sick of forbes putting in half assed challenges and not tracking back. Also constantly lost the ball today in the first half and also passed the buck to Craig when he should have shot. Less of the big time Charlie style of play please and more effort with the quality he provides at times.

So you prefer he challenges like he did against Morton? Look what happened there.

I don't see his oppportunity today as passing the buck; Craig was in a better position and should have buried it. This is a guy not afraid to let fly and scored the goal of the season against Dunfermline from 35 yards. The team as a whole is not clinical just now; Craig has missed about treble the number of sitters he has scored.

Half our problem is that they are sitting too deep so I'm certainly not getting on the guys back for not 'tracking back'; he has good control and holds the ball up well.

He's not a ball winner - that's what guys like Paton are for; he's a creative midfielder like Charnley.

I'm inclined to let Welsh off with this one, tackle came 30 seconds after her hit the bar. If that had gone in, he'd have been the hero. The tackle was ill judged but understandable in the contex of the game.

What cost us 2 points today were Jackie's substitutions. I'm still as 100% behind him as I was before the match but he got it wrong today.

I'm inclined to let Welsh off with this one, tackle came 30 seconds after her hit the bar. If that had gone in, he'd have been the hero. The tackle was ill judged but understandable in the contex of the game.

What cost us 2 points today were Jackie's substitutions. I'm still as 100% behind him as I was before the match but he got it wrong today.

Jackie's substitutions were poor and Welsh should have been the first guy subbed.

However, Welsh doesn't get off the hook, no way. Out of all the red cards we've had this season (there's been a few) this one was by far the most unnecessary and the most avoidable. They go straight up the park and score.

So you prefer he challenges like he did against Morton? Look what happened there.

I don't see his oppportunity today as passing the buck; Craig was in a better position and should have buried it. This is a guy not afraid to let fly and scored the goal of the season against Dunfermline from 35 yards. The team as a whole is not clinical just now; Craig has missed about treble the number of sitters he has scored.

Half our problem is that they are sitting too deep so I'm certainly not getting on the guys back for not 'tracking back'; he has good control and holds the ball up well.

He's not a ball winner - that's what guys like Paton are for; he's a creative midfielder like Charnley.

No I'd prefer him to think before he tackles unlike the hardie late challenge along with the dissent that followed or the stupidity of his second yellow that day. I don't think that he isn't able to tackle, more so that he isn't willing to commit to a winnable one. Again it's all opinion but he lost the ball a lot today without producing much and his holding up of the ball was minimal compared to his normal and for that I feel he needs to improve his game. Games like today need battlers as well as quality and he didn't do much.

Can we not just get Fox back in goals and Muirhead back in the middle? Arch and Balatoni both played well individually but when Muirhead is in there we look far more solid

Agree with this. The defence has looked weaker without Foxy, even with Smith and Archy in fine form as both were today. We can't afford not to use our strongest central defensive pairing (currently Archy and Muirhead) shame for Conrad but we need good players on the bench to keep up competition for places. Surely O'Donnell must be fit, I thought he was on the bench on boxing day.

Thought Bannigan was excellent first half but quieter second. Great to have Welsh back but he'll take a few weeks to get back to his best. Forbes was one of our better players today but didn't like his side-foot effort early on when it looked like he should have tried to burst the net.

Glad Jackie tried the Doolan-Craig combination but it didn't work that well. Can't help thinking we need a better striker. McGuigan doesn't look ready for this level yet and could benefit from another loan-out.

Don't hold out too much hope for a win at Cowdenbeath so the rescheduled Hamilton game will be important if things are still this tight when it comes.

Jackie's substitutions were poor and Welsh should have been the first guy subbed.

However, Welsh doesn't get off the hook, no way. Out of all the red cards we've had this season (there's been a few) this one was by far the most unnecessary and the most avoidable. They go straight up the park and score.

I disagree. Craigs red card against Cove was the most unnecessary and most avoidable. It was just lucky it was against a highland league side.

No Ross Forbes should have gone first.

and what if they had scored from that break....we dont know so let get on with life and our next game

Talking about mcGuigan' He was only on for 5 mins and was a complete passenger. As the freshest player he should have been bursting with energy to help the team instead of gawping as the ball was lost. We were then under pressure from Livies nippy team.