Boo Boys

proudjag

Don't post on here as much as I'd like to but feel compelled tonight. I was at the game today, sitting towards the far corner of the Jags support and I have to say I haven't witnessed as much negativity and constant berating of the players in many a year. Some of the comments were just ridiculous at one point on 'fan' stood up and berated Muirhead for playing a throw-in back towards our goal rather than forward, absolute nonsense. Ok we weren't great today, one of our worst performances of the season but the abuse began very early in the match at 0-0 and some of our fans have to take a long hard look at themselves tonight.

Things could be a lot worse, we are sitting in third place after the halfway point with two games in hand and are still very much in this title race but we have a fight on our hands and performances and the team as a whole has to improve in many areas. But they need us as fans behind them, not constantly berating them at the slightest little thing.

End of Rant.

and for the record, there is a whole world of difference being moaning amongst themselves and clearly going out of their way to berate the players, aggressively and very loudly, I hardly call that moaning amongst themselves.

I didn't hear anything out of order at all at that end of the ground, that's all I'm saying.

Don't post on here as much as I'd like to but feel compelled tonight. I was at the game today, sitting towards the far corner of the Jags support and I have to say I haven't witnessed as much negativity and constant berating of the players in many a year. Some of the comments were just ridiculous at one point on 'fan' stood up and berated Muirhead for playing a throw-in back towards our goal rather than forward, absolute nonsense. Ok we weren't great today, one of our worst performances of the season but the abuse began very early in the match at 0-0 and some of our fans have to take a long hard look at themselves tonight.

Things could be a lot worse, we are sitting in third place after the halfway point with two games in hand and are still very much in this title race but we have a fight on our hands and performances and the team as a whole has to improve in many areas. But they need us as fans behind them, not constantly berating them at the slightest little thing.

End of Rant.

Same old sanctimonious pish on here about what people can and cannot say. **** off ya dull **** and grow a bollocks.

Edited by MWM

I thought the booing of the Dumbarton goalkeeper was a bit off. Seems like he suffered a similar injury to that which Scott Fox got against Dunfermline. Two good saves and probably Dumbarton's MotM in the first half.

I agree, to an extent.

Boo him if you think he is time-wasting/feigning an injury(which generally means he'll stay on)

If the stretcher crew get involved then it's clearly a serious injury. Booing an injury is extremely distasteful.

There was one individual near me who was "warned" by a steward for excessive abuse to the goalkeeper. He should have been flung out with some of the words he said. Disappointing to hear from a Thistle fan.

My only criticism of our support yesterday would be the lack of atmosphere. We are normally quite a vocal support but this all ticket pish meant to many people who would normally stand at the back and sing for 90 minutes couldn't. Highlights the fact that for the final there really needs to be a section for people who want to sing and support the team that way.

Yesterday was dreadful and not just because of the football.

Edited by little_miss_jag

My only criticism of our support yesterday would be the lack of atmosphere. We are normally quite a vocal support but this all ticket pish meant to many people who would normally stand at the back and sing for 90 minutes couldn't. Highlights the fact that for the final there really needs to be a section for people who want to sing and support the team that way.

Yesterday was dreadful and not just because of the football.

Same as Livingston the week before, which wasn't all ticket. The atmosphere at Livi was distinctly low-key considering how important the game was, and yesterday it varied between nervous silence and grumbling (rightly so). I think there was some booing of the players, which is understandable considering the lukewarm pish that they served up during the second 45 minutes. I wouldn't do it myself, since it doesn't make me feel any better and doesn't really do anything to motivate the players, but if people think it's a good thing to do, that's their choice.

Cycle to the match and the Bowling Club pre-match were good. Pity the day out had to be spoiled by the players....

It’s the booze. Some people, not all, only those of a particular character involving a lack of basic intellect, get tanked-up and lose control of all decent sensibilities. Though that doesn’t explain why they continue their nonsense the following day.

Anyway they make this forum amazing to read.

• Like 1

I take it yesterday was officially "Slag a Jags Player Day". Not that there were many on the park that didn't deserve criticism but I got the impression that some fans were trying to outdo all else by shouting the most inane comment. I learned yesterday that Archie's been finished for years, Balatoni can't jump (thus in turn accusing Tommy Taylor of using Photo Shop) plus an excellent observation that Erskine didn't look interested. The last may have been passable had it not been made within about one minute of him coming on the park.

• Like 1

Same as Livingston the week before, which wasn't all ticket. The atmosphere at Livi was distinctly low-key considering how important the game was, and yesterday it varied between nervous silence and grumbling (rightly so). I think there was some booing of the players, which is understandable considering the lukewarm pish that they served up during the second 45 minutes. I wouldn't do it myself, since it doesn't make me feel any better and doesn't really do anything to motivate the players, but if people think it's a good thing to do, that's their choice.

Cycle to the match and the Bowling Club pre-match were good. Pity the day out had to be spoiled by the players....

I hope you remembered to take your bike on the train home :P

This diplomacy ends now JF. WHAT'S YOUR ******* PROBLEM!?

I must be getting soft in my old age :P

I also think the accusations of laziness about Craig are a bit off. He hardly got the ball as Dumbarton beat away our aimless long balls. Against Livi he was running back to defend set pieces as well as ploughing a furrow up front. Against Dumbarton's more defensive approach he wasn't required to track back as much.

I also thought he and Doolan seemed to go for the same ball and got in each other's roaf a little.

People complaining about a lack of atmosphere yesterday and at livi.

It's really quite simple - join in with the singing. It's the same group of folk starting all the songs at away games, but it gets pretty embarrassing and disheartening when no one joins in - especially for the younger guys that are coming through now. Maybe that's why the atmosphere hasn't been great?

It's particularly bad when a song is started and the rest of the stand turn round with a look of bemusement as if they've just landed from another planet.

• Like 1

People complaining about a lack of atmosphere yesterday and at livi.

It's really quite simple - join in with the singing. It's the same group of folk starting all the songs at away games, but it gets pretty embarrassing and disheartening when no one joins in - especially for the younger guys that are coming through now. Maybe that's why the atmosphere hasn't been great?

It's particularly bad when a song is started and the rest of the stand turn round with a look of bemusement as if they've just landed from another planet.

Just to clarify I wasn't complaining. But when your sitting bang in the middle of stand around fok who are not singing and just complaining, its pretty impossible to join in.

Wasn't aimed at you.

Fair enough, I know where your com]ming from though. It seems when you try to sing - your either deemed to be drunk or nuisance. The Queens park away game sums up our support when people stood up to sing and got moved to the back as a result. To me sitting on your arse for 90 minutes complaining about how shit the team are isn't really supporting the team and you would have been better staying at home.

I actually thought there was a reasonable amount of singing yesterday, considering it was an all ticket game - meaning many singers were separated from their usual co-singers - and the fact that the team turned in one of its worst performances of the season.

I have to agree, though, that the abuse of their original goalkeeper as he was leaving the pitch was mean spiritied and very disappointing. I initially thought he was timewasting too, but the very fact that they substituted him should have been enough to confirm that he genuinely was injured. Apparently not though.

McNamara also took a bit of flack from some supporters, which I thought was just a bit unfair considering the position he has managed to get the team into this season. Ach, that's football supporters for you though.

Edited by Guy Incognito

I actually thought there was a reasonable amount of singing yesterday, considering it was an all ticket game - meaning many singers were separated from their usual co-singers - and the fact that the team turned in one of its worst performances of the season.

I have to agree, though, that the abuse of their original goalkeeper as he was leaving the pitch was mean spiritied and very disappointing. I initially thought he was timewasting too, but the very fact that they substituted him should have been enough to confirm that he genuinely was injured. Apparently not though.

McNamara also took a bit of flack from some supporters, which I thought was just a bit unfair considering the position he has managed to get the team into this season. Ach, that's football supporters for you though.

Ihave to agree with you about the abuse at the players and jackie i was guilty a bit myself and i apologise but some of the players just didn,t loook interested the heads went down to easy they are better than that and i think thats what annoyed a lot of people there was still time after 2-0 to get something from the game but they just seem to give up if we had pummeled there goal forced there keeper into saves and had a go and lost i can accept that but there was nothing no disrespect to dumbarton but we should be at least testing them as you said thats football fans for you but it was the lack of commitment which has been fantastic this season that was worrying

Said it 6 weeks ago and I'll repeat myself, the others have sussed our game plan and are successfully dealing with it , Jackie and Sid will have to change tactics this second half of the season , they've got the players , lets see what they come up with , I still favour a dual strike force with the height of McGuigan and a feeder !!