Houston In Talks With Blackpool

jagscast

Which is incredible in itself.

However, I have it on fairly good authority that McNamara is the number one target for United should Houston leave.

"Unfinished work", "creating a footballing philosophy" etc? Or money, with excellent backing from a steady boardroom and a better shop window...

Which is incredible in itself.

However, I have it on fairly good authority that McNamara is the number one target for United should Houston leave.

"Unfinished work", "creating a footballing philosophy" etc? Or money, with excellent backing from a steady boardroom and a better shop window...

Was he not one of the 4 watching the game on Saturday along with Barry smith, Stuart McCall and jocky Scott for Aberdeen?

Someone who is very pally with the board at Tannadice.

When Houston's coat was on a shoogly peg in the Autumn, they were ready to sack him. The team then went on a good run. I think they beat Celtic, or got a point against them. That was the clincher, or sparked off the run. Can't remember which.

• Members

He's working with Bristol City at the moment I believe. However, I understand why Utd might be reluctant to hire him but then does the dispute make him unemployable to all Scottish Clubs. Perhaps he might just decide to accept the severance and take a job anyway. The longer a manger is out of the game, the more difficult it is for him to get back.

He's working with Bristol City at the moment I believe. However, I understand why Utd might be reluctant to hire him but then does the dispute make him unemployable to all Scottish Clubs. Perhaps he might just decide to accept the severance and take a job anyway. The longer a manger is out of the game, the more difficult it is for him to get back.

I was not aware that Levein was working at Bristol City. Presumably, he will not be part of O'Driscoll's set-up.

Be very surprised if we could afford him willjag.

We wont lose jackie anyways, if was to be offered an spl job, i think he'd rather stay with us and "see the job through". He doesn't need the cash I'm sure, and he strikes me as a loyal wee guy. He can't sit and say post match that too many of our players have their eyes on moving on already, then boost himself

It was mentioned prior to the game on Saturday that he was there helping out McInnes. I wasn't aware till after I'd posted that McInnes has now been sacked.

If we were to lose Jackie, we could do worse than McInnes.

McInnes would be a good shout for Dundee United. Unlike Jackie, he has SPL managerial experience.

Houston is apparently on 4k a week, and Thomson wants a reduced contract to cut costs.

I think that the contract will run down and Houston will leave in the summer, if not before.

Even if Jags are in SPL next season and United want McNamara then I believe he would go. Lets face it, far bigger prospects with United and the guy is ambitious. And he would go with my best wishes.

Houston is apparently on 4k a week, and Thomson wants a reduced contract to cut costs.

I think that the contract will run down and Houston will leave in the summer, if not before.

Even if Jags are in SPL next season and United want McNamara then I believe he would go. Lets face it, far bigger prospects with United and the guy is ambitious. And he would go with my best wishes.

Not sure about that. The Arabs are cutting costs as the Thompson family's funds are limited. The average home gate is around 6,000. We should be able to similar gates if we get promoted.