Reasons To Be Cheerful...

Gary Peebles Tackle

Taken from Wikipedia so accuracy can't be certain. However,

"A spell, at Falkirk,[2] with the best win rate of his managerial career, led to McCall twice being offered the manager's job at Dundee United, which he finally accepted in January 2003. In McCall's first top flight managerial season the Tayside Club achieved a top-6 finish, but in the following season with the club in a relegation battle he was sacked in March 2005."

Falkirk went on to win the 1st division season 2002-03 by 9 clear points.

Here's to a little bit of history repeating! :cheers:

:fan:

Ian McCall was appointed Dun Utd manager on 30th January 2003. Falkirk were three points clear at the time.

Edited by G SUS
  • Like 1

This thread captures th spirit you require if you follow Thistle. To all those youngster out there, the situation viz. Jackie is only the latest example ia long list that I can recall i.e. MacParland, Auld, Lambie and MacCall. And don`t get me started on the innumerable players I`ve seen depart over the years. But look on the bright side, the team is playing better football and on a more regular basis than I can remember. Morton are sh*te and Airdrie are worse. We beaten the latter 7-0 and pumped Dunfermline 4-1 with probably the best performance I have ever seen from a side in red and yellow(or navy blue and purple!). As somebody else mentioned if you want to follow the crowd, join the rest of the monkeys who hold the world record for the lowest collective and individual I.Q. to attend a senior football match on Channel 4 or something like that!

Edited by stillresigned

This thread captures th spirit you require if you follow Thistle. To all those youngster out there, the situation viz. Jackie is only the latest example ia long list that I can recall i.e. MacParland, Auld, Lambie and MacCall. And don`t get me started on the innumerable players I`ve seen depart over the years. But look on the bright side, the team is playing better football and on a more regular basis than I can remember. Morton are sh*te and Airdrie are worse. We beaten the latter 7-0 and pumped Dunfermline 4-1 with probably the best performance I have ever seen from a side in red and yellow(or navy blue and purple!). As somebody else mentioned if you want to follow the crowd, join the rest of the monkeys who hold the world record for the lowest collective and individual I.Q. to attend a senior football match on Channel 4 or something like that!

Ahem, 5-1...