Archie And Scott Paterson

stuart_adam

I like this news.

Archie probably taking over as the main caretaker coach provides some continuity in the interim period.

Scott Paterson was a class player and has been coaching behind the scenes with a few clubs at various levels, Ellon United in the Highland league, youth coaching with Aberdeen and of course most recently at Livi. He was a ball playing centre back/sweeper and Muirhead in particular will learn a lot from him. His injuries allowed him to make an earlier start to coaching which may come in handy.

I like this news.

Archie probably taking over as the main caretaker coach provides some continuity in the interim period.

Scott Paterson was a class player and has been coaching behind the scenes with a few clubs at various levels, Ellon United in the Highland league, youth coaching with Aberdeen and of course most recently at Livi. He was a ball playing centre back/sweeper and Muirhead in particular will learn a lot from him. His injuries allowed him to make an earlier start to coaching which may come in handy.

When did they join the Highland League?????

great to have him back... now... must dash, i need to get to the hairdressers for a celebratory snip.

Well done the BOD something quick was needed or heads would be going down.I reckon the players will respond at least in the interim to Archie and welcome back Shaggy one pure class act as a player lets hope he is half as good this time as a coach.Three away wins in a row would be nice guys--please!!!

Very pleased with this. It gives us some stability. Quite pleased hugh murray isnt the number 2 as i dont think he has enough experience. Great to see big Scott back with us. Hopefully the game will be on this saturday because it will be good for the players to get back into the swing of things. You would imagine that archie would take himself out of the team and put muirhead at centre back. Onwards and Upwards. Mon the Jags.

Maybe it's heart ruling head, but my initial reaction is positive...continuity with Archie and Scott Paterson is a dude.

However it turns out, we'll know that our management team have a genuine commitment to Partick Thistle and don't just see our club as a stepping stone.

An away win to start would be good.

• Like 1

I think the BOD have listened in part to the wishes of the more senoir members of the squad who had come out and backed him for the job.

Great for continuity, great that Shaggy is back and that he's got a fair bit of experience as an assistant. It's also great that he's come from a spell at Livi who seem to be pushing the same footballing ethos that we are currently pushing to the players.

A win on Saturday and things will really be looking up

However it turns out, we'll know that our management team have a genuine commitment to Partick Thistle and don't just see our club as a stepping stone.

Both players left us on a bosman for united 10 years ago.

But pleased with appointment, well done to the board, sensible move for continuity

McNamara's comments today show clearly to me that both Dundee United and us are simply stepping stones to - probably - the Celtic job in the long run for his 'career'. Fair enough, but leaving halfway through a season shows a lack of character and commitment.

Whoops, wrong thread - but still, hopefully if Archie is a success he won't prove to be quite so mercenary. Let's hope for the success to start on Saturday!

Edited by peagreenboy