Crappielow Attendance

Harry Wragg

Enjoyed the sight of so many Jags fans at greenock, the 5,647 beat 3 SPL games , and was better than the combined total of the 2nd and 3rd divisions minus newco's game at broadwood . Proves that the fans will go along to watch entertaining football, and like so many other fans , I've thoroughly enjoyed most of the games this season , although once again the refereeing has been abysmal !! Not over yet , we can still win the league !!

Probably because it's a lot more difficult to estimate the number of people in standing crowds instead of seated areas.

We know that the capacity of the Jackie Husband stand is 6250, so when you're sitting there, having a guess, and you think it's maybe two thirds full - well, that's 4000 right away. Bit of home bias of course.

According to Wiki, Crappielow has a total capacity of over 11000, with 5,741 seats, although god knows where. I'm surprised there's that many seats in that stand. Besides which, there were 3800 Morton fans there - I didn't realise there was many people left in Greenock ... I always picture it a ghost town, like Chernobyl.

The seating estimate sounds abour right. Most of the seating is the wde benches. I would say that would account for at least 3000 the rest made up of a couple of hundred in the cowshed and the main stand making up the rest. Will have their work cut out making SPL standard without getting one of their millionaires to throw the kitchen sink at it...and urinals for the toilets abt the same time...!

Probably because it's a lot more difficult to estimate the number of people in standing crowds instead of seated areas.

We know that the capacity of the Jackie Husband stand is 6250, so when you're sitting there, having a guess, and you think it's maybe two thirds full - well, that's 4000 right away. Bit of home bias of course.

According to Wiki, Crappielow has a total capacity of over 11000, with 5,741 seats, although god knows where. I'm surprised there's that many seats in that stand. Besides which, there were 3800 Morton fans there - I didn't realise there was many people left in Greenock ... I always picture it a ghost town, like Chernobyl.

I think a few thousand seats are still in storage having been lifted from the old Love St ground. Dunno what it is, but I've always enjoyed my wee trips down to Greenock. Never the same hassle as say going to Airdrie; now there is the ground that they built and still they refused to come!