Does Paton Think He's Becks.

jagielka

I think we do have to start Doolan this week. Airdrie really struggled with our pace in the 7-0 game from what I heard. Doolan played in that game didn't he? He's much more mobile and his movement will help bring the attacking midfielders into play. Craig becomes a focal point and for him to do his job he needs to be involved, whereas Doolan can stretch the defence more without actually getting the ball, imo. It sounds as though Craig was a little slow the other night too, so giving him a rest and giving Doolan a start seems like a win-win.

I'd go along with that. Give Craig a rest for this one, start with Doolan, then give McGuigan a run out when we're 4 or 5 up.

Well done lads. at least this time you got the 3 points with out playing anything special. always nice if you can do it. Hamilton were not up to much mind and a second goal would have been nice for the fans, to stop us bitting our nails. you will be glad to hear im not going to slag Sinclair tonight, did ok, but like ive said he can do that only when the team are in total control like tonights game. no my player for some abuse this time is Paton. every pass more than 5 yards long you just new he was going to muck it up. give him his due, he kept at it.lol. but he is not BECK'S and someone needs to tell him , keep it simples Paul, simples ok. And please Erskine do some practise with your right leg, what a player you could be if you would only do something with it. Your not Davie Cooper, who could get away with only using his left peg. but you could get close if you worked that other boot now and again. Anyways well done lads. see everyone i can say some nice things. ps, is it only me or is Craig the most immobile center forward around. against Morton he looked like he had eated a 5 course lunch before the game and not to much livlier tonight, just a thought.

Doughball.

Most of Erskine's goals earlier in the season were with his weaker foot. If there's anything to criticise in Chris's game I'd say he doesn't let fly with his good foot often enough but that's nitpicking. He won us the penalty tonight as the Hamilton defence were petrified of him and had every right to be.

Does above get filed under constructive criticism or the ramblings of a fan approaching senility? I fear the latter. :(

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett