Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

I'm not getting the love in with Welsh. He was at best average when he came on and got caught on the ball and was slow to react. As was Bannigan - poorest game all season.

He was moved around the pitch when he came on, at some points being deployed wide right. He did a decent job considering. Indeed, he's even found himself operating as a full back in recent weeks.

When he's played in position he facilitates our passing game. Remember, he was playing regularly earlier in he season when we were horsing the opposition on a weekly basis. He's a far better all-round player than Forbes.

• Like 1

That'll be about 8000 miles away approx? That's some eyesight.

Tempted to ask if you're Siege-Siege in disguise?

Watch the match highlights from today then come back & say it.

Remember that McNamara hasn't won away in the league since October.

Archibald has been given first crack at this & along with Scott Paterson will likely be management team for start of season 2013/14 no matter what league we're in unless we're losing 5-0 week in week out.

This young team is maturing & will continue to do so. 7 points out of 9 & you're not happy?

Haha.

Because I post some things that go against the grain on here I'm automatically assumed to be someone else?

I'm not going to argue that I'm less in the know than those who have attended the games, of course I am but what I can say is that the previous post stands based on the unbiased match reports from numerous papers as well as the clubs involved official match reports i can form my own opinion. The beauty of an internet forum is that anyone no matter how far from the action can post their views.

I could ( and genuinely hope) to be wrong. Like others have said the next couple weeks will give us more of an idea.

Edited by firhillfill

He was moved around the pitch when he came on, at some points being deployed wide right. He did a decent job considering. Indeed, he's even found himself operating as a full back in recent weeks.

When he's played in position he facilitates our passing game. Remember, he was playing regularly earlier in he season when we were horsing the opposition on a weekly basis. He's a far better all-round player than Forbes.

His range of passing is not great, certainly not up to Forbes on his day. He gave the ball away as much as Forbes as well.

He might have moved around the pitch, but he still wasn't great; neither were a number of others.

As for horsing teams earlier in the season, see previous comments.

Edited by 1876Jag

Haha.

Because I post some things that go against the grain on here I'm automatically assumed to be someone else?

I'm not going to argue that I'm less in the know than those who have attended the games, of course I am but what I can say is that the previous post stands based on the unbiased match reports from numerous papers as well as the clubs involved official match reports i can form my own opinion. The beauty of an internet forum is that anyone no matter how far from the action can post their views.

I could ( and genuinely hope) to be wrong. Like others have said the next couple weeks will give us more of an idea.

Maybe you should learn to read as well as not post rubbish. Where in any of these reports did it say

1. We were rubbish

2. We need to improve

3. The league is out of our hands

4. We have been anything but a good advert for the first division.

Having been at all 3 games the results have been reflective of the performances and I'm satisfied.

I'm not getting the love in with Welsh. He was at best average when he came on and got caught on the ball and was slow to react. As was Bannigan - poorest game all season.

compared to Forbes against morton? where when you took away his dead ball game gave nothing else, yes he has ability at dead balls but welsh is a better all rounder when he get his form back and is playing in his normal psn

The style of play under Archie has changed, both for the better and for the worse. The players are now much more willing to restrict the opposition when they're in possession: this forces them into losing possession more often, and also keeps the ball in their half. On the other hand, the freescoring, flowing style is not so evident, which results, among other things, in fewer goals being scored.

Ideally, it should be possible to have both styles of play, according to whether we're in possession and according to where we're playing. It was surprising to see the team apparently set out to frustrate the division's no-hopers, while we were playing at home. Without Erskine's flair, the last two games would have been lost. (On Tuesday he was brought down in the penalty box.) There is a warning there. What happens if a referee allows Erskine to be kicked off the park? Some unease at the direction the team is currently taking is well justified, regardless of where someone is writing from.

• Like 1

Haha.

You're 100% correct re an Internet forum but come on, even you have to admit calling a game on a few comments made by zoomers on P&B or newspapers who send a PA reporter who spells one of our players as Doolhan & doesn't correctly identify the player who made the goal, as a bit far fetched.

Chris Jack in the Evening Times usually calls it as he sees it, aside from that Dougie Campbell now gone from The Herald & the others need a Satnav for their reporters to find Firhill.

Maybe you should listen to the Opn All Mics coverage (assuming its available) as even Derek Ferguson was apparently shocked at how we didn't win by more and their on loan Celtic keeper the star man.

As for next couple of weeks....

Yes it will define whether we win the league more than likely but as I said, when did Jackie McNamara last win away in league with us?

Archie been thrown in at deep end & genuinely think him & Scott Paterson have already tightened us up defensively. & bearing in mind McNamara's away record, I think unless we lose 5-0 in next 3 games then Archie/Paterson will be in charge 2013/14.

Maybe you should learn to read as well as not post rubbish. Where in any of these reports did it say

1. We were rubbish

2. We need to improve

3. The league is out of our hands

4. We have been anything but a good advert for the first division.

Having been at all 3 games the results have been reflective of the performances and I'm satisfied.

1,3,4 - Ive not said that. Like you said learn to read.

2. - Thats the opinion I formed based on those reports - quite clear, I thought.

compared to Forbes against morton? where when you took away his dead ball game gave nothing else, yes he has ability at dead balls but welsh is a better all rounder when he get his form back and is playing in his normal psn

I'm not comparing Forbes against Morton- he may be off form at the moment but I just don't see what the big fuss is about Welsh.

He's OK to me. That's about it.

His range of passing is not great, certainly not up to Forbes on his day. He gave the ball away as much as Forbes as well.

He might have moved around the pitch, but he still wasn't great; neither were a number of others.

As for horsing teams earlier in the season, see previous comments.

that's the problem he isn't at times and is a passenger who due to his inability to tackle always looks one tackle away from a red card. and I don't like his diving which would make Tom Daley envious.

again yes he has plenty ability but its limited.

Two very insightful and constructive quotes. Thanks alot

Okay, to be fair you are entitled to post your opinion, and forums are great where you find yourself remote from your beloved Jags. But genuinely, I think if you'd seen the lasts two games you'd see hat Thistle are doing fine under Archie, playing out tough games and looking pretty comfortable. Maybe not converting chances like they should but hopefully that'll come back. You can't deny that he early season form had dipped long before McNamara left, and teams are coming to Firhill with a far more defensive mindset than early season. I just don't think that, given the shock of losing our manager, you can criticise a manager whose taken seven points from nine, including an away match against the other best team n the league. Club needs everyone pulling together, even from the other side of the world, and doubts over manager's position don't help.

It was surprising to see the team apparently set out to frustrate the division's no-hopers, while we were playing at home.

You're entitled to your opinion & agree that style of play has changed. Erskine more central and being encouraged to pick up ball & run straight at the opposition centre halves. Forbes, who doesn't always look interested, has been subbed in two games & been a sub in the other.

We have started to add steel to the beauty imo. The pitch isn't helping at the moment with the free flowing attack but you can still see its evident with the 2 full backs bombing forward & Muirhead/ Balatoni stepping out.

However I think you're way wrong to say we've set out to frustrate teams. How many chances did we miss today? Hardly frustrating the opposition.

Hamilton only put a second player up front in last 10 when a goal down, Airdrie didn't even do that!

Strange comment for me.

1,3,4 - Ive not said that. Like you said learn to read.

2. - Thats the opinion I formed based on those reports - quite clear, I thought.

So it's clear you can't form an accurate opinion them, considering what was in those reports.

Whether or not we win league or cup, time will tell but your current stance is ludicrous.

Please tell me what an experienced manager would have done in any of the last 3 games to either improve performance or result?

Okay, to be fair you are entitled to post your opinion, and forums are great where you find yourself remote from your beloved Jags. But genuinely, I think if you'd seen the lasts two games you'd see hat Thistle are doing fine under Archie, playing out tough games and looking pretty comfortable. Maybe not converting chances like they should but hopefully that'll come back. You can't deny that he early season form had dipped long before McNamara left, and teams are coming to Firhill with a far more defensive mindset than early season. I just don't think that, given the shock of losing our manager, you can criticise a manager whose taken seven points from nine, including an away match against the other best team n the league. Club needs everyone pulling together, even from the other side of the world, and doubts over manager's position don't help.

You could well be right I might well have a different opinion if I were there but I'm only calling it as I see it.

I might even have the advantage of looking ar it from a slightly more outside perspective than would I would have usually. Who knows?

It is obvious that the one difference is our full backs havent been allowed to push forward whenever they like.

O'Donnell and Sinclair have clearly held back, against their instincts, and looked awkward at times. These are the two players that murdered opposition defences in the opening games. We NEED to give them free reign. It is up to Paton, Bannigan, Welsh and Forbes to cover for their exploits going forward.

The difference between a good team and a great team is always the full backs.

• Like 3

So it's clear you can't form an accurate opinion them, considering what was in those reports.

Whether or not we win league or cup, time will tell but your current stance is ludicrous.

Please tell me what an experienced manager would have done in any of the last 3 games to either improve performance or result?

What is lidicrous?

I dont think that a completely inexperienced manager is experienced enough to guide us through this very very tough run in?

that's the problem he isn't at times and is a passenger who due to his inability to tackle always looks one tackle away from a red card. and I don't like his diving which would make Tom Daley envious.

again yes he has plenty ability but its limited.

And Welsh's ability to tackle is an example - like Livingston?

At times Welsh looks like he doesn't fancy mucking in every bit as much as Forbes. More mobile yes, fine when he does turn it on, at other times as much a liability as Forbes. And Forbes' delivery when on form makes us threatening.

Although I will say that I thought he did OK at right back, and was OK the other night. Didn't think so today.