Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

Find it absolutely staggering that someone in SOUTH EAST ASIA has already "seen enough" of Archie decide he isn't the man for the job, despite taking 7 point from his first 3 games. Also can't believe that people think he is even entitled to an opinion on this in the first place. Threads like this are enough to make me want the Internet shut down. Some people just don't deserve the platform is provides. What next? A guy in Russia slagging off pubs on garscube road?

Hahaha.

Ive not said ive seen enough and decided based on that hes not the man for the job. Ive thought from day one hes not the right man (at the moment - may I add). I dont think hes got enough experience to lead us to the title. You dont have to live next door to firhill to form an opinion like that.

Im not even going to dispute with you that im entitled to an opinion as it would be a childish and utterly pointless argument.

Edited by firhillfill

Perhaps Firhillfill could give us an opinion on the Morton performance as he wasn't at this game either?

If I had read 4/5/6 or more reports on the match then I could absolutely give you an opinion on how either team had performed. Would you be unable to?

Edited by firhillfill

Cant afford to go back to the old days of lobbing high balls and hope,Archie will have to get back to the passing game or you won't be the next manager so finger out we are watching for better style of play

Where are these guys coming from?

Archibald hasn't ditched the passing game for lobbing high balls.

Even if he has, Lambie played a boring style of defensive, big punt up the park football. You got any complaints about his success?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sfl/substance-over-style-for-jags-odonnell-116594n.20323561

Just for you firhillfill.

Your honest enough to say you thought Archie wasn't the man before he got the job.

For what it's worth I thought same about McNamara & this time last year wouldn't have been unhappy to see him go!

What a difference a year makes!

I've learned my lesson & will give Archie a chance.

I think the team do look a bit more solid in last couple of weeks whilst still trying to knock ball about where possible.

Think SOD's comments back that up.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/sfl/substance-over-style-for-jags-odonnell-116594n.20323561 Just for you firhillfill. Your honest enough to say you thought Archie wasn't the man before he got the job. For what it's worth I thought same about McNamara & this time last year wouldn't have been unhappy to see him go! What a difference a year makes! I've learned my lesson & will give Archie a chance. I think the team do look a bit more solid in last couple of weeks whilst still trying to knock ball about where possible. Think SOD's comments back that up.

The McNamara appointment was in far different circumstances though, I do get your point though, It just dont think a completely unexperienced manager is what we need this moment in time and its going to take more than two 1-0 wins against far poorer opposition and a 2-2 in which we were 2-0 up to convince me.

Anyway the posts previous were after quite a few bevys at around 1am Asia time so I may have been overreacting slighlty to absolutly shitting myself reading the text commentary come in ( especially as Morton were pumping Dunfermline). Must learn not to post whilst drunk nevermind drunk and immediately after that.

I genuinely hope to be proved wrong though as I do like Archie and think it could be the job for him at some point inthe future. Just have my doubts right now.

Edited by firhillfill

If I had read 4/5/6 or more reports on the match then I could absolutely give you an opinion on how either team had performed. Would you be unable to?

Surely all you would be doing would be regurgitating someone else's opinion of how either team performed?

To form your own opinion, you'd have to have actually seen the game.

Surely all you would be doing would be regurgitating someone else's opinion of how either team performed?

To form your own opinion, you'd have to have actually seen the game.

Of course its an opinion based on someone elses thoughts/notes.

Had I been commenting on specific incidents in the match then obviously it'd be different, but to get the jist of how a match has went Id say you could come to a fairly accurate conclusion by reading a few unbiased reports. You obviously wouldnt be as informed as those who did indeed attend which I had already said.

ETA: What youare effectively saying is that you must have afirst hand account of something to form an opinion?

Edited by firhillfill

In Archie's 3 games I have only watched the Airdrie one. The team tried to pass it around. Didn't look to be anything massively different from McNamara. A lot of balls when to Doolan, generally to his feet, who held it up and also turned his man and was getting a lot of fouls. Still 0-0 in second half and we still tried to play football. Then substitutions were made quite early and positive. The team were working hard and it was not happening for them but they kept pressing, kept looking for the spaces, kept trying and being positive. The pitch is in pretty poor nick and it makes it harder to play a nice passing game like the start of the season.

I despair reading some of the absolute nonsense on this forum. Played three, won two and drawn one under Archie. Hard-fought victories, clean sheets, still attempting to play football despite a deteriorating pitch, would have won by greater margins were it not for two very good performances from the opposition's goalkeeper, playing with a bit more savvy than under Jackie.

Aye, bag him. Clearly not the right man for the job.

• Like 2

I despair reading some of the absolute nonsense on this forum. Played three, won two and drawn one under Archie. Hard-fought victories, clean sheets, still attempting to play football despite a deteriorating pitch, would have won by greater margins were it not for two very good performances from the opposition's goalkeeper, playing with a bit more savvy than under Jackie.

Aye, bag him. Clearly not the right man for the job.

Possibly your shortest ever Just In post.

It has been a good start under Archie, he has inherited a good side with players who want him as manager.

The true test will be when he has to build his own team and whether he can spot a player and get the best out of them.

I think his slightly less adventurous approach should hopefully lead to improvements in the away form.

• Like 1

What a car crash of a thread.

Did anyone seriously expect Airdrie to roll over and take another 7-0 spanking?

In the aforementioned game, Airdrie played an open game and were severely punished for it. On Saturday, they parked the bus.

The 7-0 game was played on a lush, green surface. At the Accies game, the pitch looked terrible. I can only imagine it was worse on Sat. It's hard to play the flowing passing game on a poor surface.

We have ground down 2 teams that are fighting and scrapping for points and some people are complaining. Beggars belief.

• Like 4

I think we might just have found a brilliant management team.

Early doors, but it is all looking good.

Just one wee point. We didn't lie back on our lead, we took the game to them. Sometimes that won't work out, but it is a bit better than hoofing the ball out of play for the last twenty minutes. Dunno about you, but I have watched us lose all three points by trying, and failing, to defend leads more times than I care to remember...............