Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

You're not concerned about how convincing these wins were - you're concerned about the comments you are reading about on a website about how convincing these wins were.

Perhaps every Jags supporter could have taken seven points from nine, but what's your point? Archie actually did take the team to win those points. How could he convince you?

Point taken regarding the comments/match reports etc.

What would convince me if the comments/match reports had read that Thistle were by far the better side ( as should be the case when playing Accies/Airdrie ) and perhaps retaining/building on the two goal lead held at Morton. Thats what would've convinced me.

So why are you convinced? Because we've taken 7/9 points that you yourself has agreed most/all fans could have acheived?

Edited by firhillfill

Point taken regarding the comments/match reports etc.

What would convince me if the comments/match reports had read that Thistle were by far the better side ( as should be the case when playing Accies/Airdrie ) and perhaps retaining/building on the two goal lead held at Morton. Thats what would've convinced me.

So why are you convinced? Because we've taken 7/9 points that you yourself has agreed most/all fans could have acheived?

next time just pretend you were there :thumbsup2:

professional journalists have got away with it for years

Being Captain should make a difference. Maybe Paton shouldn't be captain if he doesn't think it matters. Anyway, if we don't win the league I won't be putting any blame on Archie. Remember, we have a pretty young group of players, who might find the pressure and expectation difficult to deal with. But they showed determination today and Tuesday to keep going when things weren't going well. And last week, we didn't throw away a 2 goal lead - we were never really in control of that game but still dug in and held on in the last 5 mins with 10 men. Something McNamarra couldn't get the team to do

He is/was one of the current crop of players. He is 'one of the boys', one of their mates. I have no doubt hes a good guy and I really, really liked him as a player at thistle especially in his first term. I just think its far too early/not the right time for him to take the job on.

He is not their boss basically - thats why I think someone else could get better out of them.

I don't pretend to be 'in the know' but I do know this.

Archie was one of the coaching staff & spent a lot of time with McNamara.

Remember he was in charge of the current U19s under McNamara..

Also, he's not 'one of the lads'.

The players have a great deal of respect for him & at this moment in time it's Archie who is insisting he's not called 'gaffer' as he is only 'interim' - at the moment.

One last point. You watch a lot of the goals we've scored when Archibald has played this season then watch the celebration. Apart from Scott Fox being at the other end of the park, which other player not involved?

He is & has been the heartbeat of Partick Thistle & many people are willing him to succeed. However if it's not to be then its not to be. The man himself will know that.

it's about time LMJ and the other guy were ruining this thread with an argument. :happy2:

Who is the other guy?

I argue when there is a point to be made this thread has hurt my head.

The folk who are happy with this in my opinion need to open their eyes. The past 3 performances have not been good enough and better teams would have beaten us as a result.

That will be the last 3 games that you haven't seen. Give Archie a chance and get off his back.

Am I right in thinking Scott fox hasn't had to make a save, or at least dive, in the last two games.

As has been said win ugly will do me. Although I don't think any of the subs helped their cause when they came on. Welsh I thought was very poor with a number if chances and totally sh*t a bouncing ball.

Anyway, lets hang onto Mortons coat tails fr now until they hopefully lose form. I know Dunfermline are shite but that's some result.

at this moment in time it's Archie who is insisting he's not called 'gaffer' as he is only 'interim' - at the moment.

In all honestly I think this adds strength to my arguement.

Ive no doubt that Archie does and will continue to do his best for thistle. Thats not the issue. The issue is, is he good enough at this moment in time with this present group of players?

I'd be happy winning ugly aginst some of the better teams in the division. The fact of the matter is that we have narrowly beat two of the worst teams in the league at home with two of our (proclaimed by many) worst performances of the season and thrown away a 2 nil lead against our biggest rivals.

The folk who are happy with this in my opinion need to open their eyes. The past 3 performances have not been good enough and better teams would have beaten us as a result.

3 points is 3 points for the love of sweet jeezus!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Am I right in thinking Scott fox hasn't had to make a save, or at least dive, in the last two games.

As has been said win ugly will do me. Although I don't think any of the subs helped their cause when they came on. Welsh I thought was very poor with a number if chances and totally sh*t a bouncing ball.

Anyway, lets hang onto Mortons coat tails fr now until they hopefully lose form. I know Dunfermline are shite but that's some result.

Fox made a decent save in the first half on Tuesday. Other than that not really.

What I'm saying is that we have been completely unconvincing against teams we easily disposed of previously in the league.

I reckon you or I could have taken at least 7 from 9 points out of the last 3 games, easily.

Time will tell I suppose, but from my 'outside of the box' viewpoint I have some major doubts. I wilol be 100% happy to be proven completely wrong, but I just dont see it.

Rubbish.

Both 1-0 scorelines flattered the opposition. Neither Hamilton nor Airdrie looked like scoring, whilst we created numerous chances. That Morton team went to Dunfermline and destroyed them today, so that was a good point last week.

We easily disposed of such teams earlier in the season when the pitches were better for free flowing football, the teams were not familiar with our play and there was no pressure or expectation on the team, whereas now we know we have to win to keep the pressure on Morton.

We were worse against Airdrie away and Dumbarton when Jackie was still in charge, so how you seem unconvinced by Archie is beyond me.

• Like 1

Seriously?

I know I wasnt at the game but I'm fairly certain we did in actual fact throw away a 2 goal lead...

Yes we did lose a two goal lead. 2 incidents that brought about the two goals were a free kick, which I thought looked soft. my opinion, and Murray having a brain seizure to punch a ball that was covered by someone behind him. we determindedly hung on for a draw, after NOT playing for three weeks and against a team who have huge momentum at the point. And with the tuemoil of losing our manager!! yes, it was a gutter, but a good point in the end. Cut them some slack. Our next two away games WILL be the litmus test, and I am confident we will have enough go top next week.

• Like 1

I'd be happy winning ugly aginst some of the better teams in the division. The fact of the matter is that we have narrowly beat two of the worst teams in the league at home with two of our (proclaimed by many) worst performances of the season and thrown away a 2 nil lead against our biggest rivals.

Totally disagree. We, like even Barcelona, find it hard when teams set up to defend. Against 'better' teams, we are better.

The fact remains that the last 3 performances, whilst not amazing, WERE good enough to win 7 points. Not awful & if we can keep that up, I think we'll be OK...

So you'd prefer the performances like Dunfermline in the cup or Morton at Boxing Day but come away with hee-haw?

I know I've been droning on about this for weeks but Forbes's set pieces are not enough to justify his inclusion in the starting eleven. He is ponderous, slow to release the ball, doesn't track back and his head goes down when things don't go his way. He was awful today. Archie needs to start with Welsh.

I'm not getting the love in with Welsh. He was at best average when he came on and got caught on the ball and was slow to react. As was Bannigan - poorest game all season.

• Like 1

Clearly, alot of posters and I will need to agree to disagree.

My main point is that although I think Archie has and will continue to do his best for us. Its simply not going to be good enough. The past 3 performances from as far as I can see have been far from convincing which at this point of the season could be disastourous to our promotion hopes.

I agree 3 points is 3 points, but 3 points against Airdrie and Hamilton are far easier to come by than 3 points against the Dunfermline and Mortons of this league and perform like we have done and those type of teams will not give us the pleasure of taking 3 points from them.

The performances NEED to improve.

• Like 1

Clearly, alot of posters and I will need to agree to disagree.

My main point is that although I think Archie has and will continue to do his best for us. Its simply not going to be good enough. The past 3 performances from as far as I can see have been far from convincing which at this point of the season could be disastourous to our promotion hopes.

I agree 3 points is 3 points, but 3 points against Airdrie and Hamilton are far easier to come by than 3 points against the Dunfermline and Mortons of this league and perform like we have done and those type of teams will not give us the pleasure of taking 3 points from them.

The performances NEED to improve.

I really suggest you go to a game before you start posting rubbish like this.

• Like 2

My main point is that although I think Archie has and will continue to do his best for us. Its simply not going to be good enough. The past 3 performances from as far as I can SEE have been far from convincing which at this point of the season could be disastourous to our promotion hopes.

That'll be about 8000 miles away approx? That's some eyesight.

Tempted to ask if you're Siege-Siege in disguise?

Watch the match highlights from today then come back & say it.

Remember that McNamara hasn't won away in the league since October.

Archibald has been given first crack at this & along with Scott Paterson will likely be management team for start of season 2013/14 no matter what league we're in unless we're losing 5-0 week in week out.

This young team is maturing & will continue to do so. 7 points out of 9 & you're not happy?

• Like 1