Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

Take 1 - 0 wins all season. Doesn't make for a relaxing saturday though.

Annoyed at dunfermline today. Dominant in first half, then gave away a stupid penalty that fluked in off the post. Then failed to score theirs before laying down in the second half. Similar circumstances happened with Raith and Morton. At least we have been in control of all our games. Means we are more consistent and not relying partially on luck, which Morton seem to be getting all off recently.

As far as Archie is concerned, I think he is the man till the end of the season. But regardless of promotion or not, I want another manager as I can't see Archie being able to scout good young talent. He very much is continuing what Jackie started which is what we need now, but not in the summer when we lose our players.

• Like 1

What a lot of nonsense!

No offence firhillfill but you're making judgements on a few comments on this forum?

The pitch in the last couple of games has been poor and cut up very quickly. Along with that we've played opposition who have come to frustrate.

As for the comment on the Morton game about if roles were reversed and if we were 2 down, well if my auntie had baws....

Remember also we hadn't played for 3 weeks also before that game.

Spoke with an Airdrie fan after the game who said even by Boyle's tactics of late today was ridiculous.

Their keeper had two or three v good saves along with Erskine, Doolan & Welsh all missing chances they should arguably have done better with. Forbes had a free kick in the first half which had keeper beaten and grazed the post on way by.

Fox apart from an occasional corner or by kick saw little of the ball.

We created plenty of chances today & apart from a couple of moments in second half, the fans drove the team on.

Much better performance than Wed night in terms of creating chances but same result.

I'll take that every game between now & end of season.

& those banging on about changing the team. Doolan was outstanding today, Forbes, who was other that came in from Tuesday's team has been a regular under McNamara.

Nonsense.

Stewarty, you are spot on my friend.

What a lot of nonsense!

No offence firhillfill but you're making judgements on a few comments on this forum?

The pitch in the last couple of games has been poor and cut up very quickly. Along with that we've played opposition who have come to frustrate.

As for the comment on the Morton game about if roles were reversed and if we were 2 down, well if my auntie had baws....

Remember also we hadn't played for 3 weeks also before that game.

Spoke with an Airdrie fan after the game who said even by Boyle's tactics of late today was ridiculous.

Their keeper had two or three v good saves along with Erskine, Doolan & Welsh all missing chances they should arguably have done better with. Forbes had a free kick in the first half which had keeper beaten and grazed the post on way by.

Fox apart from an occasional corner or by kick saw little of the ball.

We created plenty of chances today & apart from a couple of moments in second half, the fans drove the team on.

Much better performance than Wed night in terms of creating chances but same result.

I'll take that every game between now & end of season.

& those banging on about changing the team. Doolan was outstanding today, Forbes, who was other that came in from Tuesday's team has been a regular under McNamara.

Nonsense.

Stewarty, you are spot on my friend.

Haha Unfortunately comments on here, the official site and Pie and Bovril ( which I take with a huge pinch of salt) are all I have to go on right now.

I may well be wrong and I really hope I am. I just don't see Archie getting the most out of the current players as another more experienced manager could.

Haha Unfortunately comments on here, the official site and Pie and Bovril ( which I take with a huge pinch of salt) are all I have to go on right now.

I may well be wrong and I really hope I am. I just don't see Archie getting the most out of the current players as another more experienced manager could.

why?

why?

He is/was one of the current crop of players. He is 'one of the boys', one of their mates. I have no doubt hes a good guy and I really, really liked him as a player at thistle especially in his first term. I just think its far too early/not the right time for him to take the job on.

He is not their boss basically - thats why I think someone else could get better out of them.

Another good 3 points- wouldn't be too critical as this is the business time of the season and its always difficult when teams defend deep and play for a draw. Erskine superb and deserved that strike slipping in under the bar. If we can get past Cowdenbeath on Tuesday convinced we will play better against the pars and other teams that will give us more space. ODonnell still not firing again yet but hopefully regaining match fitness as each game passes. thought Welsh added a bit more steel in mid field when he came on and we looked more balanced rather than playing Forbes on the right. Thought Doolan held ball up well but just needs to get in the right position in the box to start scoring.

In totall agreement with this poster and beginning to get sick to fed up with all the doom and gloom merchants. Be honest defore a ball was kicked this season did anyone predict we'd be in such a strong position. I must admit I stuck money on Thistle after our "gubbing" of Falkirk, but to br honest it was very much an emotionally dictated action.However having seen all our opponents, the only team we have to be wary of is Morton, obviously. I'm convinced this league will go to the wire or near to it. From what I've seen on their day any team can beat anyone else. So stay cool and believe., cut the crap and support Archie and the boys. Edited by stillresigned

He is/was one of the current crop of players. He is 'one of the boys', one of their mates. I have no doubt hes a good guy and I really, really liked him as a player at thistle especially in his first term. I just think its far too early/not the right time for him to take the job on.

He is not their boss basically - thats why I think someone else could get better out of them.

sometimes it works (Jackie) sometimes it dosent (Derek/Gerry), at least wait to see how he does before having a go at him.

what "experienced manager" would you pick as of those that are out of work i am struggling to pick one

So was McNamara before he became boss. That didn't work out too badly.

Heres your dummy back.

You dont have to be at a game to get the jist of how it went from reading the sources available. I know that Thistle took 76 minutes to score against the worst team of the division that we took 7 off of earlier in the season.

The thing that you don't pick up from these sources is the togetherness that is around the whole club and how everyone is pulling together. Whether you think Archie is the right person for the job or not is up to you but at this crucial time he is the manager and along with the players deserves nothing less than our full support whether that is at the game or from behind a keyboard.

• Like 1

Im just slightly concerned about how convincing these wins were. I'm almost certain almost every jags supporter could have taken at least 7 from 9 out of the last 3 games.

You're not concerned about how convincing these wins were - you're concerned about the comments you are reading about on a website about how convincing these wins were.

Perhaps every Jags supporter could have taken seven points from nine, but what's your point? Archie actually did take the team to win those points. How could he convince you? By winning twelve points out of nine? You can't judge the quality of the team for yourself - you have no idea if there's any difference between McNamara'a team and Archie's team. From your removed and limited point of view, you should really not be so unhappy. As you wrote yourself, you are only getting 'the jist' of what the game was actually like.

I'm not going to try to argue one point of view or another about the Morton match - I was there, and I know what happened. You weren't there, and seem to have an opinion on it anyway, what I write clearly won't change that. Sometimes, "... were you at the game?!?" is enough of an argument.

You'll notice I'm not commenting on the specifics of this match - because I wasn't there. We won though. And I'm happy enough with three points.

• Like 1

I'd be happy winning ugly aginst some of the better teams in the division. The fact of the matter is that we have narrowly beat two of the worst teams in the league at home with two of our (proclaimed by many) worst performances of the season and thrown away a 2 nil lead against our biggest rivals.

The folk who are happy with this in my opinion need to open their eyes. The past 3 performances have not been good enough and better teams would have beaten us as a result.

• Like 1

I'd be happy winning ugly aginst some of the better teams in the division. The fact of the matter is that we have narrowly beat two of the worst teams in the league at home with two of our (proclaimed by many) worst performances of the season and thrown away a 2 nil lead against our biggest rivals.

The folk who are happy with this in my opinion need to open their eyes. The past 3 performances have not been good enough and better teams would have beaten us as a result.

But one of those results was against Morton, the league leaders, arent they a better team at the moment. And its well documented the evnts that transpired to lose a two goal lead.

Unbeaten in his three games in charge, two shut outs in our last two games, 7 points out of 9, first points we have taken off of our only challengers....yet you are still fecking moaning. Archie has made it clear that its wins at all costs and if that means ugly 1-0 victories every week and sacraficing the silky football from now to May, so be it!!

• Like 1

Most folk will agree with todays game... not geat passing and movement... outstanding Erskine goal (all the kids in the JHS would have loved that.... just like a superb tv football goal).... won ugly .... 3pts is 3pts. I'll chip in with two thoughts -1- why don't we just put out the first team from the earlier period of the season, eg Lawless & Welsh on at the same time, -2- Paul Paton must be fuming tonight as he was getting hammered, two knocks to the face and legs taken out, and that prick of a referee did nothing to protect him. The final assault didn't even get a foul... are we expected to believe that the referee didn't know what was going on?

There was no way Thistle were going to beat Hamilton or Airdrie by a big margin again.

A draw against Morton was a good result seeing as they have been on great form recently.