Just In V Airdrie

Camallain

i think the point is you have nothing to back this up thinking.gif

And you have what to back that I'm wrong?

Two scraped wins against arguably the worst teams in the league at home and a 2-2 draw in which we lead by 2 goals to nil.

Genuine question do you think our performances recently are good enough to beat the better teams of the division?

What is lidicrous?

I dont think that a completely inexperienced manager is experienced enough to guide us through this very very tough run in?

OK don't answer the question then.

Your stance we need to improve is ludicrous.

Undefeated in 5 games. 4 wins and a point away to the league leaders and in-form team. Archie has an unbeaten start and two clean sheets.

Frankly your opinion at this stage of his managerial career having seen no games is of little value.

OK don't answer the question then.

Your stance we need to improve is ludicrous.

Undefeated in 5 games. 4 wins and a point away to the league leaders and in-form team. Archie has an unbeaten start and two clean sheets.

Frankly your opinion at this stage of his managerial career having seen no games is of little value.

Then ignore my opinion. Easy?

Two scraped wins against arguably the worst teams in the league at home and a 2-2 draw in which we lead by 2 goals to nil.

Genuine question do you think our performances recently are good enough to beat the better teams of the division?

Hardly scraped. You have no context at all to your points.

Yes I do. Next.

Today should've been more comfortable than 1-0 & would've been except for a mix inspired goalkeeping & poor finishing.

Boxing Day we should've been out of sight vs Morton come HT but were only 1-0 up, they got an equaliser & Forbes sent off & we know rest.

Genuine question to yourself, have our performances away from home all season been good enough to win this league?

Drawing at Airdrie & losing to Dumbarton over Xmas?

We're in with a chance. Prob no better or worse than when McNamara was in charge.

Hardly scraped. You have no context at all to your points.

Yes I do. Next.

I would say scraped, if not by performance then defo goals

Plenty chances, little cutting edge.

.but I agree that the better teams try and play football rather than sit in so see no reason why we won't beat the top teams. Any team that plays open football we beat mostly.

Today should've been more comfortable than 1-0 & would've been except for a mix inspired goalkeeping & poor finishing.

Boxing Day we should've been out of sight vs Morton come HT but were only 1-0 up, they got an equaliser & Forbes sent off & we know rest.

Genuine question to yourself, have our performances away from home all season been good enough to win this league?

Drawing at Airdrie & losing to Dumbarton over Xmas?

We're in with a chance. Prob no better or worse than when McNamara was in charge.

Our away performance/results havent been good enough. McNamara might not have won us the league either. Thats not the point.

The points I have basically made are that we need to improve performances to win the league.

The only point that folk are having a fit over is that I dont/they do think that Archie is the right man to do it.

I would say scraped, if not by performance then defo goals

Plenty chances, little cutting edge.

.but I agree that the better teams try and play football rather than sit in so see no reason why we won't beat the top teams. Any team that plays open football we beat mostly.

We created far more chances in the last two games and the opposition barely got a sniff. Fox has made one save in the last two games.

Goals win games. Did we scrape by Cowdenbeath or Livingston or Dunfermline when we won by single goal margins? We did against Raith but thats about it.

Two comfortable 1-0 wins without needing to get into top gear. That will do nicely.

Our away performance/results havent been good enough. McNamara might not have won us the league either. Thats not the point.

The points I have basically made are that we need to improve performances to win the league.

The only point that folk are having a fit over is that I dont/they do think that Archie is the right man to do it.

I'm not saying Archie's the man either but 7 out of 9 a good start & unless something drastic happens I think Beattie & co will give him the chance same way as they did McNamara & Donnelly.

Your point of having to improve is based on zoomers from P&B or reading a PA report? Or is it we only drew 2-2 away from home vs Morton in their 1st game in charge, having not played in 3 weeks, after being 2 up?

We should have won easily today but didn't take the chances. Fox had little or nothing to do.

The only thing they could improve on in 1st 3 games is the 2 points dropped at Cappielow.

The way our away form was under McNamara we might not even have won a point at Cappielow.

You've got your opinion having not seen us tho!

Firhillhill, you have been basing your posts on reports you have read. I don't understand why you are keeping to that now that many fans on here who have been at the last 3 games are telling you that the performances have not been as poor as you think ? I was a bit worried how we would react to the disruption, but I am optimistic that we have what it takes.

Which again shows you are talking nonsense.

We played great against Morton at Firhill and lost. Played better against Livi and drew.

To win the league you need wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

............furfugsache! :frantic:

gieza fuggin break you lot!!!! :angry3:

wer aw fuggin fed up with the negativity and the sheeite crita-fugin-zizim on here!

away and hava fuggin drink and CELEBRATE the best thing that's happened to us in years!

aw this crap is getting to the supporters, what the fug d'you think it's doin to the boy's??

It's aw down to winning and loosing, - We are a winning team and no mistake!

get behind the team, manager and who else's a-r-s-e you can kiss and give yer all to the cause!

been it - seen it - bled for it thru the years! it's about time we were happy again!!

C'MON RA JAGZZ!!! :fan:

(and that's with a drink!!)

• Like 4

Firhillhill, you have been basing your posts on reports you have read. I don't understand why you are keeping to that now that many fans on here who have been at the last 3 games are telling you that the performances have not been as poor as you think ? I was a bit worried how we would react to the disruption, but I am optimistic that we have what it takes.

Lenziejag, I take on board what you're saying and I do appreciate that my opinion is going against the grain on this. Theres been post after post about how we never took our chances, how we were by far the better team. All I'm saying is that better teams wont allow you miss those chances without punishing you. Thats my concern. 2 wins is 2 wins and 6 points in the bag, but lets not forget who our opposition were.

We created far more chances in the last two games and the opposition barely got a sniff. Fox has made one save in the last two games.

Goals win games. Did we scrape by Cowdenbeath or Livingston or Dunfermline when we won by single goal margins? We did against Raith but thats about it.

Two comfortable 1-0 wins without needing to get into top gear. That will do nicely.

Cowdenbeath, yes we did. Nearly lost a goal right at the end after playing the ball in the corner with ten minutes to go. Read my post and my previous post about fox having no saves to make. I said plenty of chances, no cutting edge. I'm not saying the opposition in the last two games had any chances, just that it took a penalty and wonder goal for us to score.

I don't care how we win, long as we win. I'm just a little concerned we aren't as creative as the first bit of the season.

............furfugsache!

gieza fuggin break you lot!!!!

wer aw fuggin fed up with the negativity and the sheeite crita-fugin-zizim on here!

away and hava fuggin drink and CELEBRATE the best thing that's happened to us in years!

aw this crap is getting to the supporters, what the fug d'you think it's doin to the boy's??

It's aw down to winning and loosing, - We are a winning team and no mistake!

get behind the team, manager and who else's a-r-s-e you can kiss and give yer all to the cause!

been it - seen it - bled for it thru the years! it's about time we were happy again!!

C'MON RA JAGZZ!!!

(and that's with a drink!!)

Haha this made me laugh.

True though, its only my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but lets just be greatfull we're in the position to be arguing whos good enough to win us the league or not.

Whilst I am generally a "glass half empty" kind of person today I fear marked a watershed in the fight for promotion - Morton playing the 3rd team away run riot (albeit perhaps after a slow start according to the radio) - we struggle to beat a relegation threatened team at home. I don't necessarily go along with the change of manager argument but perhaps there is a confidence/momentum thing going on - Morton are perhaps more confident, settled and have a head of steam - we, on the other hand, might be a bit less of these things - at the moment - 70 points will win this league.

Thought we were very sluggish in first half and the aidrie tackling was reckless at best. Improved in second half and missed a barrowload of chances to be fair to their keeper he had a few very good stops. Erskines goal couldnt really be counted as a chance but what a strike. Overall i thought we were by far the better team and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. Muirhead and Balatoni excellent. Erskine excellent and Doolan was as well. The others kind of huffed and puffed but put the effort in and kept wanting the ball even though they were toiling a bit. Hope i can make it to cowdenbeath tuesday night. Monajags

• Like 1

I was at the Morton game today and have to say that 4-1 totally flattered them. Dunfermline were the better side in the first half, Morton's penalty seemed a bit dubious and Barrowman hitting the bar with his was gutting. Gallacher then let a 25-30 yarder from Tidser past him (when he really should have done better) in the first minute of the second half and it just killed it.

Hard to begrudge Morton, because in the second half they were rampant and if they had been more clinical they probably could've won by 6 or 7. But Dunfermline deserved to be in front at half-time, depending on what comes out about their PFA wage complaints we'll still have a really tricky game against them next week.

• Like 1

To set the scene,. e a team is 2nd in the league with two games in hand plus two games in hand they've won their last 2 and drawn with the league leaders in the game before. On yes, and add in the fact that this club has little monet to nuy or pay players. To cap it all, they loss one of the brightest young managers in Scotland to a bigger club. In addition to put it into perspective this team have even less resources than some of their competitors.

So just what exactly are the vritics expecting that ,Pepe Guardiola, should've givem Munich a bodyswerve in favour of Maryhill, bringing with him the entire Barcelona midfield plus Lionell Messi! FFS, get real guys we're doing better this year than we have since Lambie was in charge!