Gareth Evans ?

Harry Wragg

Total guff! 'Defensive'??? We won 4-0 and no Dunfermline did not lie down today, they were a bit of a wounded animal. Nor did we play defensive football, we shut them down in the 2nd half - like a professional championship winning team would do.

This forum is slowly but surely being taken over by total morons who think we should be leading the world with our own unique brand of total football. Unfortunately, opponents tactics, pitch sizes and pitch conditions in SFL1 conspire against us sometimes and we have to adjust our style of play, but we played some lovely football in the 1st half.

I may not like Ross county's style of play and hope we don't revert to that but 'being hard to beat' won them the league last year! So yes defensive crap can win the league (Morton seem to agree)

On that note I bid u farewell from this forum. If certain near suicidal posters want to bore everyone then so be it but I can't be bothered with this nonsense anymore and I bid you (fair, well balanced people) farewell.

Uhm, wouldn't it be better to ignore them and keep reading the forum? If you leave they win.

Who is Gareth Evans? Why should I care about him?

More importantly, why have I wasted precious minutes of my life reading three pages of hype about Gareth Evans; and how having him as manager would be even better than a 4 - 0 away win?

I'm away to switch on the telly and see if they're putting on any repeats of "Henry's Cat", a character so miserable that, if he had opposable thumbs, could easily become a poster on this forum.

• Like 1

Exactly what did Mr Evans achieve at Livingston. Nothing in particular as team 10 pts behind the Jags.Okay some people say he plays attractive fotball but thats not

enough to win leagues s.Sometimes you have to grind out results .So far Archie has done nothing wrong so we should be giving him as much support as possible.

What chance we could get Evans as a stand in until the end of season at least ? To be honest I'm not too sure that Archie is quite the man just yet !! Evans would re-ignite the flare we had at the start of this campaign and could help us win both the league and the Cup ,after all , he already knows the opposition we are up against !! Any thoughts ?

eh? unbeaten as boss! that will do for me!

Sittin here at home and feelin like a real a*****e after t odays result, wasnt there , ( 1st miss in about 20 ganes) but still feel the same , we played a team of dejected players and who wouldnt be when you dont get paid ? Sorry bit we need a manager who is able to separate himself from the guys on the park and at this time Archie isnt that man !! Sure we got a result , altho sounds like we were content to do it in 45 mins , well sorry I pay for 90 mins , so my point remains , defensive crap will NOT win us this league !!

get a grip of yersel man!

Sittin here at home and feelin like a real a*****e after t odays result, wasnt there , ( 1st miss in about 20 ganes) but still feel the same , we played a team of dejected players and who wouldnt be when you dont get paid ? Sorry bit we need a manager who is able to separate himself from the guys on the park and at this time Archie isnt that man !! Sure we got a result , altho sounds like we were content to do it in 45 mins , well sorry I pay for 90 mins , so my point remains , defensive crap will NOT win us this league !!

You had to be there mate; first half was the stuff of dreams and Dunfermline may have their problems but played with a degree of pride. They got stuck in and were taking no prisoners. No half-challenges etc.

In terms of Archie, not a bad track record. Has he lost one yet? We could have been off-the-pace by now and the fact is we are not. The way the players were hugging each other even at half-time showed that there is team unity and spirit (IMO) and the second-half was more of a defensive exercise; not helped by Bannigan's knock. Good also seeing Erskine coming back more, tackling and looking for the ball. Although this obviously means he's not always in position for the break away. But I guess you can't have everything...

Why not get behind the manger and team until the end of the seaon? Might help your nerves and even if we don't go up... what a season!

Edited by Meister Jag
  • Like 1

I see McNamara is trying to get Dundee United to play football and finding out that it is almost impossible in the SPL.

Give the guys in charge a break for goodness sake,a change at this stage would just unsettle everything.And anyway so far so goodlets see how Morton fare on Tuesday night.

• 2 weeks later...

Is he pregnant?

Archie p6 w5 d1 f13 a2 gd+11

Archie has to be the man until the end of the season. If we win the league and cup he deserves the chance to manage us in the SPL.

If we miss out in the title race, who knows the first division better than Archie?

Get him confirmed until the end of the season then review length of contract in May.

• 2 weeks later...